ROM Hack [Release] FE: Fates Playable Bosses DLC Collection

RegalSwordsman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minimal, I can't bring myself to touch Fates anymore after I burnt out a while ago. Maybe someday I'll do more with this but probably not in the near future.
Ah, okay. The progress I've this far seen is simply astounding! You did your best, and that's what matters. I salute you.

GzpXD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a voice byte? I made a copy of all Parent units and made them Vallites, I want to get rid of thier voices except for Takumi, I want to make his possessed, Is there a way to do that?

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a voice byte? I made a copy of all Parent units and made them Vallites, I want to get rid of thier voices except for Takumi, I want to make his possessed, Is there a way to do that?
You would have to create a completely new AID for each character except potentially Takumi (he might have the possessed AID premade for his boss fight). The new AID would have to have the sound pointer nulled out.

GzpXD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would have to create a completely new AID for each character except potentially Takumi (he might have the possessed AID premade for his boss fight). The new AID would have to have the sound pointer nulled out.

Alright thanks so much, I just need to find out more about AID

GzpXD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright thanks so much, I just need to find out more about AID
ok so do I have this right so far...? sorry for quality

Attachments

• IMAG0495.jpg
    IMAG0495.jpg
    409.6 KB · Views: 180

Omegablu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so do I have this right so far...? sorry for quality
So just copy the enemy voice entry into actual Takumi's voice entry. Then change all the characters' voice entries who you don't want to have voices to NULL. Note that this will cause these changes to apply to your normal characters.

GzpXD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just copy the enemy voice entry into actual Takumi's voice entry. Then change all the characters' voice entries who you don't want to have voices to NULL. Note that this will cause these changes to apply to your normal characters.
All right thanks so much, love the mods by the way

GzpXD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All right thanks so much, love the mods by the way
Ok, well plan failed... I know this is a lot to ask but may I ask for a unit file with the voice already, I'll make him a Vallite myself. Just Takumi though, everyone else I got working

Ftech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First: Major thanks to everyone who contributed to anything that goes into Fates hacking. Now then, I have DeathChaos's playable units on my file via extdata merging (since way back), without CFW. I have had most of the actual FE Fates DLC since launch, and did not have to mess with any of it while getting those units. Also way back, I attempted to get these Omegablu characters as well, but after merging the extdata, my save file wouldn't load. No big deal; I had backups of the orig+DeathChaos extdata. I reinserted those, and this time tried to use the combined extdata that EmblemCrossing provided on DeathChaos's thread. Same issue. However, I recently-ish got CFW, and am wondering if anyone has attempted/succeeded at installing this (Omegablu's) via CFW already having DeathChaos's via extdata merging? If not, any forsee-able problems, perhaps? I didn't go ahead and try because I knew how to undo any potential damage (via reloading backups) that I could've done by manually merging extdata, but I do not know how or if it's even possible to undo potential damage by installing the DLC via CFW, should my save crash upon loading like before. To help anyone answer my question: Currently my save works perfectly with original Fates DLC as well as DeathChaos's characters received by extdata.

Omegablu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First: Major thanks to everyone who contributed to anything that goes into Fates hacking. Now then, I have DeathChaos's playable units on my file via extdata merging (since way back), without CFW. I have had most of the actual FE Fates DLC since launch, and did not have to mess with any of it while getting those units. Also way back, I attempted to get these Omegablu characters as well, but after merging the extdata, my save file wouldn't load. No big deal; I had backups of the orig+DeathChaos extdata. I reinserted those, and this time tried to use the combined extdata that EmblemCrossing provided on DeathChaos's thread. Same issue. However, I recently-ish got CFW, and am wondering if anyone has attempted/succeeded at installing this (Omegablu's) via CFW already having DeathChaos's via extdata merging? If not, any forsee-able problems, perhaps? I didn't go ahead and try because I knew how to undo any potential damage (via reloading backups) that I could've done by manually merging extdata, but I do not know how or if it's even possible to undo potential damage by installing the DLC via CFW, should my save crash upon loading like before. To help anyone answer my question: Currently my save works perfectly with original Fates DLC as well as DeathChaos's characters received by extdata.
So let me get this straight. You started with a non-cfw'd but still homebrewed system. You had the normal dlc. You then got Deathchaos' units by using an extra data dump. Then you attempted to get my units by merging extra data dumps together. Assuming I have this right, my first bit of advice is to not ever merge extra data folders for Fates like you attempted. The contents of the extra data for this game are controlled by a master list file that dictates what files belong in the extra data. Copy and pasting one dump over another would simply overwrite said file and the result would be a folder with a bunch of files that, according to extra data, shouldn't be there. I would recommend, considering you have everything working now, using the CFW method to obtain these units. Simply download the attached cia file, install it with FBI, and then open your save and run the dlc chapter that appears. Afterwords, you can uninstall the cia and reobtain the official dlc either through the eshop or your alternative method of choice.

Reactions: Ftech

Ftech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So let me get this straight. You started with a non-cfw'd but still homebrewed system. You had the normal dlc. You then got Deathchaos' units by using an extra data dump. Then you attempted to get my units by merging extra data dumps together. Assuming I have this right, my first bit of advice is to not ever merge extra data folders for Fates like you attempted. The contents of the extra data for this game are controlled by a master list file that dictates what files belong in the extra data. Copy and pasting one dump over another would simply overwrite said file and the result would be a folder with a bunch of files that, according to extra data, shouldn't be there. I would recommend, considering you have everything working now, using the CFW method to obtain these units. Simply download the attached cia file, install it with FBI, and then open your save and run the dlc chapter that appears. Afterwords, you can uninstall the cia and reobtain the official dlc either through the eshop or your alternative method of choice.

Awesome, thanks!

IrishMelody

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I install the CIA for this mod, it deletes all my DLC in-game, including other paths. Is there something different I can do to make this not happen? It wouldn't be a big deal if it wasn't for Revelation, the path i want this DLC mod on, being a downloaded path. When I reinstall official DLC, it will delete this DLC Mod, so i'm not sure what I can do.

GzpXD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I install the CIA for this mod, it deletes all my DLC in-game, including other paths. Is there something different I can do to make this not happen? It wouldn't be a big deal if it wasn't for Revelation, the path i want this DLC mod on, being a downloaded path. When I reinstall official DLC, it will delete this DLC Mod, so i'm not sure what I can do.
Have you tried deleting and reinstalling after the mods are set?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Never mind

IrishMelody

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Never mind

After what is set? I can't apply the mod to the path I'd like to because it deletes it when I redownload a path. I can't redownload a path and reinstall the mod because it just deletes the DLC mod again.

GzpXD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Never mind
After what is set? I can't apply the mod to the path I'd like to because it deletes it when I redownload a path. I can't redownload a path and reinstall the mod because it just deletes the DLC mod again.
Interesting, let's see what omega says, I only have to deal with rev cartridge

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)