ROM Hack [Release] FE: Fates Playable Bosses DLC Collection

EmblemCrossing

That Towel!Niles Cosplayer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any progress? It's been a few days since the last post. :P

Well, last I checked we were still trying to get death/retreat quotes working before releasing them. Not sure if any progress has been made on that.

Part of me just wants to have them but I can understand wanting a polished release so. @Omegablu we love ya

thane98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, last I checked we were still trying to get death/retreat quotes working before releasing them. Not sure if any progress has been made on that.

Part of me just wants to have them but I can understand wanting a polished release so. @Omegablu we love ya
Could I see a sample of the text you guys are trying to use for it? If I remember correctly, the text for death/retreat uses the formatting from supports, unlike most of the my castle dialogue. That could be your issue.

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could I see a sample of the text you guys are trying to use for it? If I remember correctly, the text for death/retreat uses the formatting from supports, unlike most of the my castle dialogue. That could be your issue.
Here's an example from the edited retreat quote file that won't work:
MID_DIE_Cordelia: $t1$WmCORDELIA|3$w0|$WsCordelia|$Wa$E苦,汗|I can't let it end like this... I still have a lot\nto give. I'm falling back...$k
BTW, the character's PID is Cordelia, and the FID and MPID specified in the above quote all match the custom ones that I've assigned to her.

thane98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The formatting looks fine there, though I'm not sure about the names you're using. I know that the name used for supports does not always match up with the PID - Nichol's PID, for instance, includes a "captured" prefix while the name used in supports does not. I actually don't know how the game handles these differences though, but I'm assuming that this is your issue.

I would check how most of the portraits in the game are named - I'm assuming that they are set up using something like (character name)(emotion)(file extension), though I can't check at the moment. Maybe your portraits simply do not follow the proper naming conventions for usage in supports?

Last edited by thane98,

Omegablu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The formatting looks fine there, though I'm not sure with the names you're using. I know that the name used for supports does not always match up with the PID - Nichol's PID, for instance, includes a "captured" prefix while the name used in supports does not. I actually don't know how the game handles these differences though, but I'm assuming that this is your issue.

I would check how most of the portraits in the game are named - I'm assuming that they are set up using something like (character name)(emotion)(file extension), though I can't check at the moment. Maybe your portraits simply do not follow the proper naming conventions for usage in supports?
Hm. I'll have to check. The characters might be missing the emotion I'm calling or the sweat icon. I'll try some ideas later. I know that I have the PID and the various labels for the name and portraits correct as I have created some of the labels used, and the rest I've checked over to see what the labels are.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
The formatting looks fine there, though I'm not sure about the names you're using. I know that the name used for supports does not always match up with the PID - Nichol's PID, for instance, includes a "captured" prefix while the name used in supports does not. I actually don't know how the game handles these differences though, but I'm assuming that this is your issue.

That's simple.

The game uses the PID for everything, which is why it has the captured prefix, however, supports call FIDs, your character doesn't even need to exist (like Lilith), all you need is an FID to call in the supports and it works.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
MID_DIE_Cordelia: $t1$WmCORDELIA|3$w0|$WsCordelia|$Wa$E苦,汗|I can't let it end like this... I still have a lot\nto give. I'm falling back...$k
BTW, the character's PID is Cordelia, and the FID and MPID specified in the above quote all match the custom ones that I've assigned to her.
The format is a bit wrong, $Wm and $Ws both call FIDs, none of those call MPIDs, those come automatically with the portrait since the FSID need to have an MPID assigned to them, so that they can work in supports.

Here's an example of me using that line and it working;
9Nm2urq.png

(the sweat drop seems to be incorrectly aligned to the _st portraits, it seems that needs to be fixed in the FSID_ST_ block);

MID_DIE_新ティアモ: $t1$Wmティアモ|3$w0|$Wsティアモ|$Wa$E苦,汗|I can't let it end like this... I still have a lot\nto give. I'm falling back...$k

Where 新ティアモ is the PID (new tiamo) and ティアモ (tiamo) is the FID.

Reactions: EmblemCrossing

Omegablu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The format is a bit wrong, $Wm and $Ws both call FIDs, none of those call MPIDs, those come automatically with the portrait since the FSID need to have an MPID assigned to them, so that they can work in supports.

Here's an example of me using that line and it working;
9Nm2urq.png

(the sweat drop seems to be incorrectly aligned to the _st portraits, it seems that needs to be fixed in the FSID_ST_ block);

MID_DIE_新ティアモ: $t1$Wmティアモ|3$w0|$Wsティアモ|$Wa$E苦,汗|I can't let it end like this... I still have a lot\nto give. I'm falling back...$k

Where 新ティアモ is the PID (new tiamo) and ティアモ (tiamo) is the FID.
Thanks. I was racking my mind to get it to work. I guess the issue was that FEITS didn't output right.

Omegablu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I went to sleep. But I'm back now, and waiting for them!

Can we use a release as an excuse to test out all the birthday lines?
I'd like to get the death/retreat quotes sorted out (I'm close to finishing, just haven't had the time yet), but that should be the only thing I have to do before the release.

Reactions: Thunder Kai

Roythekids5

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Everybody is hyped for the dlc but no one remembers that today is EmblemCrossing Birthday!
Happy Birthday Emblem!
And the release i think that are going to be on this Sunday as Blu say the past week
Omega say a week ago :"it will be on end of the week?"but no one know that will be on the next week!
Omega have the idea since he anounce v2 and is for increase the hype level!
Just Kidding
Good things have a long wait this is one of them
Still waiting for Rontao /Anthony in the dlc!
I really want to know the lines that Emblem wrote for the characters!
A perfect master piece that Omega and Emblem create it wondeful

Last edited by Roythekids5,

EmblemCrossing

That Towel!Niles Cosplayer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Th
Everybody is hyped for the dlc but no one remembers that today is EmblemCrossing Birthday!
Happy Birthday Emblem!
And the release i think that are going to be on this Sunday as Blu say the past week
Omega say a week ago :"it will be on end of the week?"but no one know that will be on the next week!
Omega have the idea since he anounce v2 and is for increase the hype level!
Just Kidding
Good things have a long wait this is one of them
Still waiting for Rontao /Anthony in the dlc!
I really want to know the lines that Emblem wrote for the characters!
A perfect master piece that Omega and Emblem create it wondeful

Thanks omg, it's been pretty legit so far. I ordered a box of Cipher cards with the hopes of pulling a signature card. And well, I did.
ELISE.jpg
So now I'm pretty much hoping to test my luck again for a release! If I can pull a SR+ Elise, I'm pretty sure I have triumphed over Anna in terms of being the RNG master. And well, there's one of the lines for Cordelia in the thread already, so there's a bit of a sample! c;

Trust me, you'll like it!

Last edited by EmblemCrossing,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/8wi6dnzLcZ0?si=5zWGTK0CMXO3DJcb +1