ROM Hack [Release] FE Fates: Custom DLC Legacy characters

Dylos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been working on this for a little while and it's finally able to be installed and played, though there are currently a few issues*.

Please welcome Lyndis and Roy to Fire Emblem Fates.

DLC does not recruit characters, they must be added with external save editing, FEFTwiddler files are included.
Both Lyndis and Roy have the wrong hair colors on their map sprites.
Portraits are misaligned in some places...

Amazing Artist Yellow for his Roy.
@DeathChaos25 for the RomHack thread, and frankly I used his DLC as a base to experiment with.
@Omegablu I also may have decomposed his DLC for some assistance as well.

Attachments

• LegacyCharacters.rar
    384 bytes · Views: 858
  • LegacyEXDATA.rar
    255 KB · Views: 808
  • FEFTLegacy.rar
    169.3 KB · Views: 688
Last edited by Dylos,

Pokem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LYNDIS? ROY? OH MY GOD, SERIOUSLY? I AM INSTALLING THIS ASAP.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Not sure why, but when I installed the CIA, it showed up as the Awakening DLC made by DeathChaos, and when clicking on it, nothing happens, and no characters are added.

Reactions: Fates-Blade-900

whitewolf8

Resident Lunatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Not sure why, but when I installed the CIA, it showed up as the Awakening DLC made by DeathChaos, and when clicking on it, nothing happens, and no characters are added.

That's mentioned in the spoiler in the post

Do you have any screenshots of them? I'd love to look into it, but I'm on 11.0, haha.

Reactions: Pokem

Dylos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, you need to use FEFTwiddler to add the characters to your save. Also I used DeathChaos's awakening mods as a base, hence it showing up as the same dlc.

Also I have a picture of Lyndis, but I want to mess with her portrait more so it looks better before I add a picture. Roy needs even more work done, I want to get rid of these issues before I post any pictures as everything wrong will show up in the pictures.

Last edited by Dylos,
Reactions: Pokem

whitewolf8

Resident Lunatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Alrighty then, looking forward to potential updates~

Hm... For Roy's issue, I think you can fix that by changing the first character bitflag and change it from 01 to 00.

Dylos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alrighty then, looking forward to potential updates~

Hm... For Roy's issue, I think you can fix that by changing the first character bitflag and change it from 01 to 00.
Yea, likely just an oversight on my part, I found it rather funny that I forgot that.

EmblemCrossing

That Towel!Niles Cosplayer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by EmblemCrossing,

EmblemCrossing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Roy actually looks.. Fairly legitimate. Where'd the portrait come from? Does it have expressions or is it only the neutral one?

(screw it, I'm gonna get back to drawing and write my own oc for this shit. give me like, a month)

Dylos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It came from Google, it's like the first file when you search fire emblem fates roy...I'm a bad person because I don't know beyond that, I may want to change the pictures to the Karata card images so it's something official.

EmblemCrossing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It came from Google, it's like the first file when you search fire emblem fates roy...I'm a bad person because I don't know beyond that, I may want to change the pictures to the Karata card images so it's something official.

I was gonna say, you might want to find out, since most artists usually want permission asked first. Plus they probably wont have expressions done on them either. So yeah, I'd consider using Cipher art, or coming up with ways to give them expressions if you were looking to go that route.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol