[Release] Fakemote: An IOS module that fakes Wiimotes from the input of USB game controllers

NestorM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Comment l'utiliser ? Je suis très intéressé.

Salut tout le monde! J'ai ajouté la prise en charge de ModMii pour créer des cIOS fakemote ! Eh bien, au moins je pense que j'ai! Si quelqu'un peut tester pour moi, ce serait super !

Pour tester, téléchargez la dernière version de ModMii (actuellement 6.6.3), lancez ModMii Classic, entrez « 4 », puis « beta », puis choisissez le numéro correspondant à « d2x-v10-b52-ST-FM0_5_0 » (probablement « 1"), puis entrez " 25057 " (pour installer fakemote sur le slot 250), puis " D ", puis " Y ", puis installez le WAD à l'aide de n'importe quel gestionnaire de WAD et signalez si Fakemote fonctionne !

Note that if you want to install it to a different slot, instead of download page 4, from the main menu go to the Advanced downloads page "A", select what you want to build and it will give you the option of changing the slot number.

Lastly, also note that this cIOS is based on d2x v10 beta52 except it includes an updated FAT module for Emunand support of drives hidden by UStealth, more info on the updated FAT module here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ciosx-rev21d2x-yet-another-hot-fix.277659/page-163#post-5092147

View attachment 296807
Great job. Do you think it's possible to add wireless support, if not natively, with a bluetooth receiver like magic ns ? I'm on wii u.

Reactions: sonictopfan

Ebanvor

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hey everyone! I've added support to ModMii to build fakemote cIOSs! Well, at least I think I have! If someone is able to test for me that would be great!

To test, download the latest version of ModMii (currently 6.6.3), start ModMii Classic, enter "4", then "beta", then choose the number corresponding to "d2x-v10-b52-ST-FM0_5_0" (probably "1"), then enter "25057" (to install fakemote to slot 250), then "D", then "Y", then install the WAD using any WAD manager and report back if Fakemote is working!

Note that if you want to install it to a different slot, instead of download page 4, from the main menu go to the Advanced downloads page "A", select what you want to build and it will give you the option of changing the slot number.

Lastly, also note that this cIOS is based on d2x v10 beta52 except it includes an updated FAT module for Emunand support of drives hidden by UStealth, more info on the updated FAT module here:
Hello.

First thanks for the application.

- I created the WAD as you indicate, but it doesn't work for me, I have d2x v10 beta52 installed, install it with 250 as you indicate ''to install fakemote to slot 250''

Wiiflow last version
USBLoader GX last version
Wii 4.3u

tested games
NSMB
muramasa
DK Country.

The controller DS3 DS4 never pairs with the console.

edit : Reinstall, works perfect.:toot::yaywii::yayps3:

Last edited by Ebanvor,
Reactions: XFlak

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello.

- I created the WAD as you indicate, but it doesn't work for me, I have d2x v10 beta52 installed, install it with 250 as you indicate ''to install fakemote to slot 250''

Wiiflow last version
Wii 4.3u

tested games
NSMB
muramasa
DK Country.

Can you share and explain how to install? Real Nand or EmNannd? And Wii or vWii?

Reactions: andreiarturo

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Hello.

Wiiflow last version
Wii 4.3u

tested games
NSMB
muramasa
DK Country.

Thanks, especially for your edit! This is the first report I've received of it working!

Can you share and explain how to install? Real Nand or EmNannd? And Wii or vWii?
Install to real nand on either wii or vWii. If installing to wii, you can use modmii or the d2x CIOS installer. If installing to vWii, only use the d2x CIOS installer. I described this for you already, not sure why you keep asking...

https://github.com/davebaol/d2x-cios/wiki/How-to-install-d2x-cIOSs-on-your-Wii#d2x-cios-installer

For vWii you have to use the d2x CIOS installer, for regular Wii you can use modmii or the d2x CIOS installer
Put together a vWii package and everything just yesterday
https://github.com/davebaol/d2x-cios/releases/tag/d2x-v10-b52-ST-FM0_5_0

jse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello xerpi, Thank you for the amazing Fakemote :) I have a couple of questions.

When playing a game like New Super Mario Bros Wii, Circle becomes the run button and X is Jump, Is there anyway to remap the controller so Square could be run and X could be jump?

In the past you released a homebrew application called "Pair my DS4" that would wirelessly pair a Dualshock 4 with the Wii but no other homebrew made used of it. Would it be possible to combine these two projects so we can use our Dualshocks wirelessly with Fakemote?

Thanks again :)

Reactions: sonictopfan

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
It already does this.

"Both controllers emulate a Wiimote with the Nunchuk and Classic Controller extensions connected. Press L1+L3 to switch between them"
I had no idea, classic controller is what I’m interested in the most.

Still haven’t installed it because I’m scared to miss up the cios by installing on the wrong slot, instructions don’t make it very clear and the only tutorial I found on youtube is in Spanish.

jse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Adding support for the Magic-NS usb device would be amazing, it would mean you could use any wireless controller (wirelessly) with the Wii. Nintendont has support for it using This Controller Driver

Basically it's a usb reciever that sticks in the back of your Wii, it lets you pair the following controllers "Xbox One S/X controller, DualShock 3, DualShock 4, DualSense, Wiimote, Wii U Pro, Switch Joy-Cons, Switch Pro" it was designed for Switch but also works on PC, PS3 and Nintendont. Add support for this device via Fakemote would be awesome.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Adding support for the Magic-NS usb device would be amazing, it would mean you could use any wireless controller (wirelessly) with the Wii. Nintendont has support for it using This Controller Driver

Basically it's a usb reciever that sticks in the back of your Wii, it lets you pair the following controllers "Xbox One S/X controller, DualShock 3, DualShock 4, DualSense, Wiimote, Wii U Pro, Switch Joy-Cons, Switch Pro" it was designed for Switch but also works on PC, PS3 and Nintendont. Add support for this device via Fakemote would be awesome.
So you're telling me, this gets wiimotes (among other things) working on the switch? Does it work on stock switch in games like Mario party or super smash? That's brilliant, thanks for mentioning it, even if it doesn't get supported by fakemote it's still something I want to know about and may consider picking one up in the future if I can get a good deal

jse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So you're telling me, this gets wiimotes (among other things) working on the switch? Does it work on stock switch in games like Mario party or super smash? That's brilliant, thanks for mentioning it, even if it doesn't get supported by fakemote it's still something I want to know about and may consider picking one up in the future if I can get a good deal
Yes thats correct, it emulates a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller on the Switch. Then whatever device you have paired with it has it's button pressess mapped to Switch Pro Controller button pressess. It's an excellent device that also works on PS3/PC and there is another version that works on PS4 These are the button mappings. You can see Wiimote button 2, A, 1, B become B, A, Y, X on the Switch. Anyway if we got support for this 1 device with Fakemote, it would mean adding support for tons of controllers instead of having to try add support for each one individually.

tcnpwAt.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol