[Release] Fakemote: An IOS module that fakes Wiimotes from the input of USB game controllers

TheRealMorganTubeHD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fakemote is An IOS module that fakes Wiimotes from the input of USB game controllers.

It currently supports DS3 and DS4 controllers, with the following features:
  • DS3 and DS4 support includes LEDs, rumble, and the accelerometer
  • DS4's touchpad is used to emulate the Wiimote IR Camera pointer (only tested with the sensor bar configured on top of the screen)
  • Both controllers emulate a Wiimote with the Nunchuk extension connected
The download can be found here.
Installation instructions are here.
GitHub page here.

Notes:
You can install it to any (empty) slot, using IOS 57 or 58 as base (it will also probably work with base IOS 59 and other base IOSes). For now, I recommend not installing it to cIOS 249 (keep this slot with plain d2x) but installing it to an empty slot such as 252 for example. Since loaders have the option to change under which IOS slot to run the loader itself and the games, it's easy to switch between slots.

Usage:
If you have a regular Wii (not Wii U), you can install Priiloader and change the IOS slot the System Menu and games run with.
You can also use an USB loader and change the IOS slot to use when running the loader and games.

is there one of these that fakes the GameCube controllers?

spielvan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think I may know why that's happening :P keep your Controller pointed at the screen.. try not to tilt the Controller up or down. :)

When in game, open the Wii Menu then tilt your Controller up and down, you'll see what I mean :P
I tried and it didn't work, could it be ciosmaps.xml?

spielvan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm on a WiiU your on a Wii the files are different, my ciosmap.xml file wont help you.
Thanks my friend, I managed to make the analog work right on the usb loader gx, so it doesn't work yet on the system menu and within the games.

Reactions: ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks my friend, I managed to make the analog work right on the usb loader gx, so it doesn't work yet on the system menu and within the games.
It works with games, but I do have issues getting it to work in the usbloadergx/wiiflow's UI and it doesnt work at all on the system menu

Reactions: spielvan

spielvan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It works with games, but I do have issues getting it to work in the usbloadergx/wiiflow's UI and it doesnt work at all on the system menu

I'll post here ready what was on my sdcard, to use on the normal Nintendo Wii!!!

Installed:
d2x-v10-beta52
Base: IOS 58
IOS Slot: 253

(Thus both USBs will work for him)

***** Do Not Install on Slot IOS 58!!!!*****

- Works with Usb loader GX and Wiiflow.

- It still doesn't work as it should, in the nintendo wii system menu

- When using on Usb Loader GX or Wiiflow, select IOS 253 only for the game, leave the default Loader IOS at 224, 249, 250 or 251 (preferably between 249 or 250 (because if you leave the Loader at 253 it will serve the Fake Mote) in the Loader mention, but when the game loads it will shut down (A bug that will likely be fixed in the future by friend Xerpi)

Tested with Virtual Consoles and Wiiwares even more when the game loads the Fakemote disarms making it impossible to use them yet.

Special thanks to Xerpi and ploggy friends

Attachments

• Xerpi - Fake mote 0.4.0.zip
    698.6 KB · Views: 94
Last edited by spielvan,
Reactions: ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll post here ready what was on my sdcard, to use on the normal Nintendo Wii!!!

Installed:
d2x-v10-beta52
Base: IOS 58
IOS Slot: 253

(Thus both USBs will work for him)

***** Do Not Install on Slot IOS 58!!!!*****

- Works with Usb loader GX and Wiiflow.

- It still doesn't work as it should, in the nintendo wii system menu

- When using on Usb Loader GX or Wiiflow, select IOS 253 only for the game, leave the default Loader IOS at 224, 249, 250 or 251 (preferably between 249 or 250 (because if you leave the Loader at 253 it will serve the Fake Mote) in the Loader mention, but when the game loads it will shut down (A bug that will likely be fixed in the future by friend Xerpi)

Tested with Virtual Consoles and Wiiwares even more when the game loads the Fakemote disarms making it impossible to use them yet.

Special thanks to Xerpi and ploggy friends
Thank You but its all Xerpi :) glad you got it setup :)
If your an OG Wii user you can apparently use priiloader to change your system IOS to a Fakemote IOS?? Priiloader cant work on WiiU's vWii so I'm not too familiar with how it works.

(From the Fakemote Readme)
  • If you have a regular Wii, not a Wii U (vWii), you can install Priiloader and change the IOS slot to use when running System Menu and disc games

spielvan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank You but its all Xerpi :) glad you got it setup :)
If your an OG Wii user you can apparently use priiloader to change your system IOS to a Fakemote IOS?? Priiloader cant work on WiiU's vWii so I'm not too familiar with how it works.

(From the Fakemote Readme)
  • If you have a regular Wii, not a Wii U (vWii), you can install Priiloader and change the IOS slot to use when running System Menu and disc games

I do have the priiloader installed on my wii, I've even changed the IOS but for a reason I still don't know, changing to fakem ote IOS sometimes happens to freeze the system menu at random, with normal IOS 249 there was never a freeze, even I've already tested a similar project from my friend @Aurelio which is Rvloader, which makes it possible to emulate the wii remote/nunchuck and classic controller with the game cube controller.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I do have the priiloader installed on my wii, I've even changed the IOS but for a reason I still don't know, changing to fakem ote IOS sometimes happens to freeze the system menu at random, with normal IOS 249 there was never a freeze, even I've already tested a similar project from my friend @Aurelio which is Rvloader, which makes it possible to emulate the wii remote/nunchuck and classic controller with the game cube controller.
I don't know I cant test my self, but if it's buggy for you at least now Xerpi knows about it.

Last edited by ploggy,

gbadl

Trophies
XP
Country
It is great to see this. Was this based on RVLoader. I look forward for more controllers to be supported.

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
HOLY CRAP XERPI, THIS IS NUTS!!!

I can't wait to try this, does this work on Wii U? And is there a chance to brick the vWii if I install it on IOS 252 like you said?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus

Did you try base 60?
Probably a good idea to use a ios60 as a base if you're going to be installing it to your system menu IOS slot. Test it works as expected in a different slot first (since it sounds like only base 57 has been tested so far) and/or make sure you have adequate brick protection in place before using an untested system menu IOS.

@xerpi , this whole project is super cool, thanks for your work and I look forward to seeing how far you can run with it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really...