[Release] Fakemote: An IOS module that fakes Wiimotes from the input of USB game controllers

blancedd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, I've tested version 0.3.1 on a regular Wii and works fine as a Classic Controller.
The only thing is that it stops working if you disconnect and reconnect the controller (PS3 Controller in this case).
I'm going to test this on a Wii U to see if it works the same as a regular Wii.

Thanks for this amazing app :).

Edit:
I connected two PS3 controllers and Fakemote only recognizes one, maybe it only detects one HID as same as Nintendont, by this it would be amazing if you add Gamecube Adapter support and remaping support.

Edit 2:
Is it possible to emulate a horizontal Wii remote without extensions?

Last edited by blancedd,

PlushSnuggyOrbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see that right now this is for USB PS controllers, but how easy would it be for a future version to use the Wii U gamepad? There are a ton of Wii titles I'd love to play off TV.

blancedd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You can actually inject Wii games to the Wii U to use the gamepad as a Classic Controller or Horizontal Wii Remote with TeconMoon WiiVC Injector.
I see that right now this is for USB PS controllers, but how easy would it be for a future version to use the Wii U gamepad? There are a ton of Wii titles I'd love to play off TV.

PlushSnuggyOrbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can actually inject Wii games to the Wii U to use the gamepad as a Classic Controller or Horizontal Wii Remote with TeconMoon WiiVC Injector.
AFAIK that's only for games that support those control schemes. I would like to emulate the other schemes. Say, use the touchpad as the IR pointer, etc.

George -Woody

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
This is AMAZING... wii is one of my favorite console... Small, silent, almost perfect emulation of 8 and 16 bit, plus nintendot and wii games... And fast...a lot faster than wii u..

One thing @xerpi... Is there any posibilites to add DualShock2 support with this double ports psx2usb adapters???

They are cheap, and 2 ps2 or psx controller in one usb would be amazing

Thanks thanks thanks For you work

Enviado desde mi POT-LX3 mediante Tapatalk

spielvan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Woah this is amazing! It’s been a REALLY long time since we’ve had an IOS dev around these parts. Thank you for all your hard work!

Do you think it’s possible to use an IOS to trick the system in thinking the HID gamecube adapter is actually the native GC ports? That feature would be a huge benefit for newer wii and vWii owners!

Regardless im excited to try this out this weekend with my DS3s!

The system is pretty stable, but there's still no way to control the wii remote's corsor with the ps3 controller, but my friend Xerpi has the idea of putting it to be the right analogue of the controller but it's likely to come in a future build of the project, but what delighted me the most is that the accelerometer of the ps3 control works on the wii, so on the partew of the new mario's hook, you can go up and down to the seesaw simply by turning the ps3 controller vertically, similar to what you would do with the wii rewmote, but in case of a game like paper mario on the wii the dpad is inverted due to the mapper of the wii remote being inverted, and games that need the analogical with the classic control, the same is pulling out of the screen preventing the cursor back.

Reactions: xerpi

xerpi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Version 0.4.0 released:
  • Added IR pointer emulation through right analog stick:
    • Three IR pointer emulation modes: direct (touchpad, only for DS4), analog axis relative (move the pointer with the right analog) and analog axis absolute (the pointer is moved proportionally to the right analog starting from the center). Press R1+R3 to switch between them
  • Changed button combo to switch extension (Nunchuk<->Classic Controller) to L1+L3

Download: https://github.com/xerpi/fakemote/releases

spielvan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Version 0.4.0 released:
  • Added IR pointer emulation through right analog stick:
    • Three IR pointer emulation modes: direct (touchpad, only for DS4), analog axis relative (move the pointer with the right analog) and analog axis absolute (the pointer is moved proportionally to the right analog starting from the center). Press R1+R3 to switch between them
  • Changed button combo to switch extension (Nunchuk<->Classic Controller) to L1+L3

Download: https://github.com/xerpi/fakemote/releases

I tested it to version 0.4.0, but I noticed that using the playstation 3 control still doesn't work the right analog to control the wii remote cursor, this 0.4.0 these changes are valid only for DS4 or also for DS3 and something else intends to support for PS move and navigator, if you put them I have both ready here for the tests. A big hug.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tested it to version 0.4.0, but I noticed that using the playstation 3 control still doesn't work the right analog to control the wii remote cursor, this 0.4.0 these changes are valid only for DS4 or also for DS3 and something else intends to support for PS move and navigator, if you put them I have both ready here for the tests. A big hug.
Forgot about this thread :P

PS3 Controller working fine here. Are you cycling through the Analog modes by pressing R1+R3? (using 0.4.0)

Reactions: spielvan

spielvan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Forgot about this thread :P

PS3 Controller working fine here. Are you cycling through the Analog modes by pressing R1+R3? (using 0.4.0)
I did this and the Analog doesn't work right to control the analog, I installed it on IOS 252 base 57, installed the beta 52, would you like to level up your d2x-cIOS-Installer-Wii folder, for me to use in the tests.

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Amazing work xerpi.

Is there any chance to see the accelerometers of the Wiimote emulated through the joysticks of the Dual Shock 3 or 4? That has been my dream for a long time. That would make playable those terrible "wheel controls" of games like Excite Truck (well, excite truck is one of the very few tolerable wheel controls).

Last edited by Deleted member 323844,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I did this and the Analog doesn't work right to control the analog, I installed it on IOS 252 base 57, installed the beta 52, would you like to level up your d2x-cIOS-Installer-Wii folder, for me to use in the tests.
There a 3 different Analog Modes with 0.4.0 (cyclable by pressing R1+R3)
1. Uses the Touchpad (PS4)
2. Uses the Analog Stick
3. Uses the Analog Stick but automatically returns the Stick to centre (this one currently isn't working right, the range doesn't fill the screen...

Are you on a Wii or WiiU?? if your on a Wii my files wont help you.

spielvan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
2. Uses the Analog Stick
3. Uses the Analog Stick but automatically returns the Stick to centre (this one currently isn't working right, the range doesn't fill the screen...

I'm using it on the Wii, I notice that when the hand cursor appears, I move it and leave the screen and it doesn't come back.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm using it on the Wii, I notice that when the hand cursor appears, I move it and leave the screen and it doesn't come back.
I think I may know why that's happening :P keep your Controller pointed at the screen.. try not to tilt the Controller up or down. :)

When in game, open the Wii Menu then tilt your Controller up and down, you'll see what I mean :P

blancedd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
2. Uses the Analog Stick

HI ploggy,

How did you installed it on the Wii U?
Mine just didn't worked

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
HI ploggy,

How did you installed it on the Wii U?
Mine just didn't worked
I've only been able to get the Controllers to work in UsbloaderGX and Wiiflow, since both apps have the ability to choose which IOS your game boots with.

in USBloaderGX = Click Settings, (bottom left) then Loader Settings, scroll down to Games IOS and change it to whatever slot you choose in DX2 cIOS Installer.. for me it was IOS 253

In Wiiflow = Choose game, point Wiimote at Screen, click Settings, then change the IOS to whatever slot you choose in DX2 cIOS Installer.. for me it was IOS 253

blancedd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've only been able to get the Controllers to work in UsbloaderGX and Wiiflow, since both apps have the ability to choose which IOS your game boots with.

in USBloaderGX = Click Settings, (bottom left) then Loader Settings, scroll down to Games IOS and change it to whatever slot you choose in DX2 cIOS Installer.. for me it was IOS 253

In Wiiflow = Choose game, point Wiimote at Screen, click Settings, then change the IOS to whatever slot you choose in DX2 cIOS Installer.. for me it was IOS 253
I installed it using the Wii U version of cios installer, on my regular wii works perfectly on usb loader and games but on my wii u just doesn't work, do I have to plug the controller on a specific port on the wii u?

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I installed it using the Wii U version of cios installer, on my regular wii works perfectly on usb loader and games but on my wii u just doesn't work, do I have to plug the controller on a specific port on the wii u?
What I did (in d2x Cios Installer) was...

Select cIOS = v10 beta52 dx2-v10-beta52-vWii
Select cIOS base = 58
Select cIOS slot = 253

with that setup I can use any front USB slot and probably back too but I have my HDD taking up both back USB slots.

blancedd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What I did (in d2x Cios Installer) was...

Select cIOS = v10 beta52 dx2-v10-beta52-vWii
Select cIOS base = 58
Select cIOS slot = 253

with that setup I can use any front USB slot and probably back too but I have my HDD taking up both back USB slots.
Thank you :D, I will try it once I get home
I was scared of install it of ios 58, that's why i didn't installed there

Reactions: ploggy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr