[Release] Fakemote: An IOS module that fakes Wiimotes from the input of USB game controllers

xerpi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Fakemote is An IOS module that fakes Wiimotes from the input of USB game controllers.

It currently supports DS3 and DS4 controllers, with the following features:
  • DS3 and DS4 support includes LEDs, rumble, and the accelerometer
  • DS4's touchpad is used to emulate the Wiimote IR Camera pointer (only tested with the sensor bar configured on top of the screen)
  • Both controllers emulate a Wiimote with the Nunchuk extension connected
The download can be found here.
Installation instructions are here.
GitHub page here.

Notes:
You can install it to any (empty) slot, using IOS 57 or 58 as base (it will also probably work with base IOS 59 and other base IOSes). For now, I recommend not installing it to cIOS 249 (keep this slot with plain d2x) but installing it to an empty slot such as 252 for example. Since loaders have the option to change under which IOS slot to run the loader itself and the games, it's easy to switch between slots.

Usage:
If you have a regular Wii (not Wii U), you can install Priiloader and change the IOS slot the System Menu and games run with.
You can also use an USB loader and change the IOS slot to use when running the loader and games.

Last edited by xerpi,

tmnr1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing the DS4 controller emulate the wiimote's pointer is crazy, this is very impressibe. Would it work for vwii?

xerpi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Version 0.2.0 released: https://github.com/xerpi/fakemote/releases

Version 0.2.0 changes:
  • Fix dynamic extension switching
  • Add Classic controller extension support
  • Make adding and changing input mapping configuration much easier (still requires recompiling)
  • DS3: add two default input mappings: one simulating a Nunchuk, another one simulating a Classic controller. Press R3 to toggle between them dynamically
  • DS4: add two default input mappings: one simulating a Nunchuk, another one simulating a Classic controller. Press R3 to toggle between them dynamically
Version 0.1.1 changes:
  • Fix when to send HCI Number of Completed Packets event: they were sent too often, causing high CPU usage.

spielvan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Version 0.2.0 released: https://github.com/xerpi/fakemote/releases

Version 0.2.0 changes:
  • Fix dynamic extension switching
  • Add Classic controller extension support
  • Make adding and changing input mapping configuration much easier (still requires recompiling)
  • DS3: add two default input mappings: one simulating a Nunchuk, another one simulating a Classic controller. Press R3 to toggle between them dynamically
  • DS4: add two default input mappings: one simulating a Nunchuk, another one simulating a Classic controller. Press R3 to toggle between them dynamically
Version 0.1.1 changes:
  • Fix when to send HCI Number of Completed Packets event: they were sent too often, causing high CPU usage.

Wonderful job my dear, a question with the playstation 3 controller, will there be how to control the cursor of the wii remote, to be able to complete the IGR and will it be possible to use Fakemode in the system menu of the wii? a big hug

xerpi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Wonderful job my dear, a question with the playstation 3 controller, will there be how to control the cursor of the wii remote, to be able to complete the IGR and will it be possible to use Fakemode in the system menu of the wii? a big hug
If you have a regular Wii (not Wii U), you can install Priiloader and change the IOS slot the System Menu and games run with.

You can also use an USB loader and change the IOS slot to use when running the loader and games.

And yes, I'm planning of adding a feature to be able to use the right joystick of controllers to move the IR pointer.

• Love
Reactions: spielvan

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Probably a good idea to use a ios60 as a base if you're going to be installing it to your system menu IOS slot. Test it works as expected in a different slot first (since it sounds like only base 57 has been tested so far) and/or make sure you have adequate brick protection in place before using an untested system menu IOS.

@xerpi , this whole project is super cool, thanks for your work and I look forward to seeing how far you can run with it!

VGT2615

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep up the good work with this awesome project! Is it compatible with vwii, or if not, will it be in a future release?

Last edited by VGT2615,

spielvan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@xerpi

In my tests, I left the prilloader to set the system menu to 252 that I installed Fakemote (I already put the 0.3.0), note in the system menu when I leave it in wiiremote\nunchuck it's normal, now when I put it in classic control the hand of the cursor goes crazy probably a problem in the dead zone and soon disappears from the screen and the screens are changing randomly without stopping as if you were pressing the + and - button on the classic controller, on the usb loader gx, if I leave it to load in 252 it loads normal and I use the cursor with my little hand normally without pushing by clicking with the X, but if I enter a game with the usb loader set to 252 it disappears when the game loads, I need to leave the usb loader in another IOS other than 252 to work and I leave only the game on 252 and IOS reload lock for game.

Reactions: xerpi

xerpi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@xerpi

In my tests, I left the prilloader to set the system menu to 252 that I installed Fakemote (I already put the 0.3.0), note in the system menu when I leave it in wiiremote\nunchuck it's normal, now when I put it in classic control the hand of the cursor goes crazy probably a problem in the dead zone and soon disappears from the screen and the screens are changing randomly without stopping as if you were pressing the + and - button on the classic controller, on the usb loader gx, if I leave it to load in 252 it loads normal and I use the cursor with my little hand normally without pushing by clicking with the X, but if I enter a game with the usb loader set to 252 it disappears when the game loads, I need to leave the usb loader in another IOS other than 252 to work and I leave only the game on 252 and IOS reload lock for game.
Just released v0.3.1, hope this fixes the random button/input presses.

mydough

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
hey i got everything setup but when i press stuff on the controller nothing happens any help?
edit: nevermind it works (fucking flawlessly i love it thank you so much for your work)
edit2: nevermind again it just works on the system menu and the usbloader gx menu and then just goes away when when i load the game

Last edited by mydough,

xerpi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hey i got everything setup but when i press stuff on the controller nothing happens any help?
edit: nevermind it works (fucking flawlessly i love it thank you so much for your work)
edit2: nevermind again it just works on the system menu and the usbloader gx menu and then just goes away when when i load the game
Yes, it's a current issue. Set USB Loader GX's Loader IOS slot to a vanilla d2x cIOS for now. Only set Game's IOS slot to a slot with d2x and fakemote.

• Love
Reactions: spielvan

mydough

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Yes, it's a current issue. Set USB Loader GX's Loader IOS slot to a vanilla d2x cIOS for now. Only set Game's IOS slot to a slot with d2x and fakemote.
well i did that anddd after playing for a little bit on brawl i get a insert the brawl disc message and the game freezes

spielvan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wow. Xerpi came back with a blast. What's next, DS3 and DS4 syncing with the Wii?! Awesome project, Mr.:grog:

I keep thinking this will help even in the pro wii emulators, as they wouldn't need to include hid in the code, the wii itself would have activated it.

JacobM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woah this is amazing! It’s been a REALLY long time since we’ve had an IOS dev around these parts. Thank you for all your hard work!

Do you think it’s possible to use an IOS to trick the system in thinking the HID gamecube adapter is actually the native GC ports? That feature would be a huge benefit for newer wii and vWii owners!

Regardless im excited to try this out this weekend with my DS3s!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: How's it going my loves