Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
What is it?

An alternative to Goomba Front.
Goomba Front is used to combine the Goomba/Goomba Color GBA ROM with GB/GBC ROMs.

EZGoomba Frontend is simpler, allowing for drag-n-drop, and including the emulator files embedded into the executable, so this is completely portable. Just carry the EXE around.

Screenshots
7cbeb91a2c1f3cde3ba0685cb3e7b605.png

84fb1f178b6f620874709e67424f3414.gif

Download

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
not that i am using it, since i own an EDGB.

But you mention the goomba exe is built in. People might want to know which version it is. At first i was going to suggest that you allow the user to replace the goomba version but tthen i realized that's when you can still use the original frontend.

either way, i am sure a lot of people appreciate this.

gnmmarechal

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
not that i am using it, since i own an EDGB.

But you mention the goomba exe is built in. People might want to know which version it is. At first i was going to suggest that you allow the user to replace the goomba version but tthen i realized that's when you can still use the original frontend.

either way, i am sure a lot of people appreciate this.
That's wrong. I don't include the goomba front-end. I include the goomba emulator s themselves. Also, I include all versions. Goomba (Normal and EZ4 patched) and Goomba Color (Normal and EZ4 patched). This is not an emulator. This intends to be a fully-portable (as in a single file) front-end for turning GB and GBC files into GBA ROMs with the emulator.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's wrong. I don't include the goomba front-end. I include the goomba emulator s themselves. Also, I include all versions. Goomba (Normal and EZ4 patched) and Goomba Color (Normal and EZ4 patched). This is not an emulator. This intends to be a fully-portable (as in a single file) front-end for turning GB and GBC files into GBA ROMs with the emulator.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk
Yes, I understand you include the emulator binaries, not the original frontend. But there are a bunch off different versions available.

Gesendet von meinem Elephone P6000 mit Tapatalk

gnmmarechal

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes, I understand you include the emulator binaries, not the original frontend. But there are a bunch off different versions available.

Gesendet von meinem Elephone P6000 mit Tapatalk
Versions of what? The Goomba emulator? Or the frontend?

gnmmarechal

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal

link491

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow this looks nice, definitely gonna try it out when I get home.
Edit: Does it support compiling multiple ROMs into one file?

Last edited by link491,

gnmmarechal

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Wow this looks nice, definitely gonna try it out when I get home.
Edit: Does it support compiling multiple ROMs into one file?
Not just yet. I personally prefer saving them separately, which is why I didn't implement it yet. I had partially implemented it before, but it had some issues (with error handling), so, I scrapped it out since I personally didn't use that feature too much. However, if there are people interested, I can work on it again.

link491

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not just yet. I personally prefer saving them separately, which is why I didn't implement it yet. I had partially implemented it before, but it had some issues (with error handling), so, I scrapped it out since I personally didn't use that feature too much. However, if there are people interested, I can work on it again.
While I currently use it for like 4 games in one ROM, I feel like it wouldn't be a real issue to me if i just ended up compiling one per file, if only because it would load faster. It would be kinda cool if you were to implement it but I'm fine with just single files myself.

gnmmarechal

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
While I currently use it for like 4 games in one ROM, I feel like it wouldn't be a real issue to me if i just ended up compiling one per file, if only because it would load faster. It would be kinda cool if you were to implement it but I'm fine with just single files myself.
I'll see what I can do, since exams are over I have some free time, I'll look at it and see if I can get it to properly work.

gnmmarechal

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Once again, you don't really need to. After testing the tool it works really well, and single files load super fast so It's probably better that way.
meh, but now I'm starting vacations, so I'll look into it. Adding that feature is a nice addition.

Reactions: Jayro and link491

yadster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is the front-end been worked on still? I would love the ability for EZGoomba to automatically name the new file with the name of the added rom. For example the file created using a rom with the name superdupermario(USA).gbc would be automatically converted to superdupermario(USA).gba. This would definitely speed the whole process up, especially if an output folder could be set in the options. Also is there anyway to add other emulators such as SMSAdvance?? Thanks so much for your hard work :gba: :bow:

Reactions: Bart Lemming

gnmmarechal

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Is the front-end been worked on still? I would love the ability for EZGoomba to automatically name the new file with the name of the added rom. For example the file created using a rom with the name superdupermario(USA).gbc would be automatically converted to superdupermario(USA).gba. This would definitely speed the whole process up, especially if an output folder could be set in the options. Also is there anyway to add other emulators such as SMSAdvance?? Thanks so much for your hard work :gba: :bow:
Hmm, while it is NOT being actively developed, I can go and work on it if people want me to. I suppose I *could* add that feature. As for other emulators... If they work in the same way as Goomba (that is, you literally just copy the emulator and append the ROM to it), you can just select the custom emulator option and let EZGoomba do its thing.

Reactions: Bart Lemming

yadster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your prompt reply. For me it's much easier and more convenient if each game is its own separate file and named accordingly. Obviously some people will disagree but having tried some user created goomba files that contain lots of games I find they can take much longer to load and then you have to scroll down to the game you want to play. I know it only takes seconds more but for an impatient so-and-so like myself having the chosen rom boot up straight away is much more convenient. As for adding other emulators I will have another play with the frontend and see how I get on. Thanks again :gba:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just a quick update. I tried adding SMSAdvance as a custom emulator but when adding a rom I get 'invalid rom extension'. Does the frontend expect all roms to have the extension .gb or .gbc or am I going about this the wrong way? Thanks in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: