Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you download dlc with this?
Yes, but be you cannot play it without buying it for the time being.
I guess this is useless, right?
You can download, but not play the titles?
If you are not on the latest firmware and want to download something you bought on the eShop, that's about its only use. Even then, who knows if that may flag a ban.

Reactions: ganons

XorTroll

Switching between my 2DS and my Switch
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
2018062220080800-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg

It has a familiar design

Flying Scotsman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it true these games will work with sx os. People are saying they do on the discord.

It'll download the game but you can't play them until CFW starts spoofing Nintendo's "Game entitlement" server response so the Switch actually believes you own the title.

D

Deletedmember438770

It'll download the game but you can't play them until CFW starts spoofing Nintendo's "Game entitlement" server response so the Switch actually believes you own the title.
Could you give me a URL for that server?

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, so I tested this with recovering an eShop game (Fast RMX) I couldn't access cos I'm now banned, and it works a treat. Thanks for this. I realise things can change in the future, but being able to access the games I previously bought from the eShop and game updates were the only things I was really worried about.
Since youre banned for other reasons, can you download a title you dont own and see if it works?

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried with Sonic Mania. It downloaded but wouldn't let me play (knew I hadn't bought it from the eshop)
So does it install to the home menu?
Maybe missing update?
Pic please?
Does it go to nand or sd card?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Possibility of using DNS to redirect this to a custom server, to supply the same valid files to the Switch without alerting Nintendo? Is there any crypto validation that would prevent this?

(Yes I know you still can't run games you don't own, not asking that.)

Reactions: Ty_
D

Deletedmember438770

Nope, but you could sniff it using Wireshark which would give you both the URL and response you'd need to spoof.
There's no packets being sent or received by my switches IP. :unsure:
Could that be due to my switch being banned or no?

Last edited by ,

Flying Scotsman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no packets being sent or received by my switches IP. :unsure:
Could that be due to my switch being banned or no?

I'm not 100% sure. According to Scirem's post on how the Switch deals with piracy, when you launch a game or attempt to go online in a game - it contacts Nintendo's servers, which replies with an auth certificate or code and the game then launches. If you're banned, it just won't return anything because your system failed the "can use online" check thing they've got in place.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Possibility of using DNS to redirect this to a custom server, to supply the same valid files to the Switch without alerting Nintendo? Is there any crypto validation that would prevent this?

(Yes I know you still can't run games you don't own, not asking that.)

Probably possible - after all we have other third party networks available for the Wii and Wii U (Priitendo comes to mind) but it'd take a lot of effort to RE the connection process and mimic it in a way the Switch doesn't immediately reject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉