Status
Not open for further replies.

EventAssistant

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I noticed in the save editor feature that you can apparently change your cartridge's version and language. I imagine it's just what the save is registered as for getting foreign events, but is there any danger to that (like damaging save) and any precautions to take when using it?
You cannot change your cartridge version. The option that you see in the program is to switch between the games you want to modify. Changing save's language isn't strictly required to get foreign events. There is no apparent danger, unless you are registered within the global link. It would be weird to PGL's servers that you have changed between 2 or more languages on the same save.

wownmnpare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is a awesome thanks! BTW can inject some of the event pokemon that hasn't been in here? or it will update eventually?

wownmnpare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean exactly?
Some of the event isnt available in the event assistant like the event code for Dahara City Legendary pokemon. i think the name of that event in your app is event legendary HA [JPN] and it's not available. so im planning to inject that one. :)

EventAssistant

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Some of the event isnt available in the event assistant like the event code for Dahara City Legendary pokemon. i think the name of that event in your app is event legendary HA [JPN] and it's not available. so im planning to inject that one. :)
A few events still miss but will be updated asap, when I have material to do it!

Adryel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
really nice, hopefully you can make the editing pokemon much easier to understand.

D

Deleted User

EventAssistant
A general purpose tool mostly oriented to event collectors.

- Github -

EventAssistant: what is this?

EventAssistant is a general purpose pokémon application that can be run on your console or PC (you need Homebrew Launcher to launch the .3dsx version or CFW to run the cfw version on the console, or Citra to run the .3dsx version on your PC).

This application allows you to make some cool things, like:
  • Download and inject WC6s into an OR/AS or X/Y save file.
  • Edit your save and your pokémon with a Powersave-like feature!
  • Seeing current event distributions directly from your console. It provides infos about start and end dates of local and wifi distributions, with related codes if there is a general code for the distribution.
  • Capture probability calculation: you can now calculate it directly on your 3DS, for every generation starting by the third. You can also calculate how much tries are needed to reach a certain probability of success.
  • Check Powersaves dates for common Hacked Events;
  • Check Gen VI's Event Database.

How to install
Make sure you copy every file of the zip/EventAssistant folder in the root of the SD card.

Important things about Gen VI's Event Database
Event Database links are hardcoded in the program, so it knows where to look for stuff. The point is that writing this stuff is very difficult to do alone, so lots of event cards are unavailable at the moment. They'll be available when uploaded on the server I use, and you'll be able to see them without any update of the app. Updates are needed. if new events are released, basically to update the description of the event.

What will come next?
  • Capture probability calculation support for I-II gens;
  • Regular updates to the Event Database.

Tell me if you like this work and what you would have featured in the next update! :)

Thank you to:
* Shai for the icon and Fabrizio for the name
* Kaphotics for cool documentation
* J-D-K for direct save import/export support
* Slashcash for PCHex++
* Nba_Yoh for the received flag data issue
* gocario for ccitt CHK algorithms
* Hamcha for cybertrust.h and digicert.h
* LiquidFenrir for useful http source code
* all the guys on the 3dshacks discord
* Federico for testing builds

How to compile it?
Use latest ctrulib and devKitArm.

DISCLAIMER
I'm NOT RESPONSIBLE
if something goes wrong and you lose your save datas or being banned from the online functions. Be prudent when you use this method. This is an entirely new way to inject events into your save.

Changelog 2.0.0:
  • Pokemon editor added: you can now set IVs, EVs, Hidden Power, Friendship and stuff like that to your pokémons. Cloning is supported.
  • Added save import/export of the save at the beginning/end of the application: it now is more user-friendly and reduces possible memory leaks that could happen if you inject lots of stuff in the same session.
  • Added opportunity to not save changes you made.
  • Code complexity reduced and readability improved. Now the app is lighter and faster.
  • Errors now shows as white windows. They are more readable now.
  • UI is more intuitive.
  • PID checker actually removed 'cause it was unuseful. It will be readded in a future release with direct PID import from your save file.
People on <=10.7 sysnand: I didn't forget you. I just don't have a way to handle a 3DS with that system mounted, so you'll have to wait a bit of time more if you're experiencing the 'No Internet Available' issue. Please understand me!
@EventAssistant I made a showcase of your tool with my capture card if you would like to add it to your thread. It will allow everyone to see what your tool is like before downloading it. Proper credits are in the video of course with a direct link back here.

EventAssistant

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@EventAssistant I made a showcase of your tool with my capture card if you would like to add it to your thread. It will allow everyone to see what your tool is like before downloading it. Proper credits are in the video of course with a direct link back here.

That's completely gorgeous! I'll add it asap in the thread!

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

That's completely gorgeous! I'll add it asap in the thread!
If you ever add anything else too the tool or want anything else shown please feel free to ask. Great job on the tool! I wish I could help out more than just making a video for you

EventAssistant

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you ever add anything else too the tool or want anything else shown please feel free to ask. Great job on the tool! I wish I could help out more than just making a video for you
That's sure, thanks for your availability! I hope this tool will be more helpful to every kind of pokémon players in the near future, and this video will surely help lots of people to use it

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

would you mind making a QR code for FBI? i'm not really a fan of constantly opening an ftp client/sd card management, takes too long... and considering my wifi is spotty, it could mess up a lot

EventAssistant

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
would you mind making a QR code for FBI? i'm not really a fan of constantly opening an ftp client/sd card management, takes too long... and considering my wifi is spotty, it could mess up a lot
It already exists. Just open titleDB.com

You can also download directly from FBI opening the TitleDB option, if you have the latest version of it

D

Deleted User

oh, i probably have a really outdated version of fbi, lol.. had no idea that site existed either
FBI should have an option to update itself depending on how old your version is. If you have the injected version just put it in a folder or somewhere else and install a new version of FBI and you should be fine

D

Deleted User

FBI should have an option to update itself depending on how old your version is. If you have the injected version just put it in a folder or somewhere else and install a new version of FBI and you should be fine
i had a version of 2.0 before the update button was there, 2.2.1 or something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    the vram is one advantage when it comes to AI but ends up being slower even with that and really AI is the only use case that needs more than 12gb vram right now
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to...