Homebrew [Release] eBook Reader v1.0! Read eBooks on your 3DS!

Hopalongtom

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been waiting for something like this for ages, before I'd convert the books to txt files and read them with moonshll2 on a DS flashcart, but my flashcart has taken to crashing and loosing it's connection with the sd card.

A bookmarking feature will make this a must have replacement.

Edi1: Does the app support subfolders under Root/Books ? As that'd be handy for organising your ebooks, or is this a potential feature for a later version?

Edit2: What is the largest filesize can this ebook reader tolerate so I know how to split them with the Caliber conversion.

Edit3: Seems my ebooks are still crashing the app even after using Caliber to convert them...

Last edited by Hopalongtom,

Hopalongtom

Trophies
XP
Country
Sigil confirmed that they are epub2, however I managed to get Caliber to create a folder with opf and METADATA, so will zip those and try it that way!

Edit1: Ok in a .zip format the ebook reader can't even see them, and selecting the blank space causes a crash!

Hopalongtom

Trophies
XP
Country
So really a rename ".zip" to ".epub" after zipping the Calibre conversion?

Edit2: ok so neither Calibre or Sigil saved them as an epub3, and a zipped version of the extras calibre created don't seem to count as an epub 3 either.

Edit3: Sigil needed an external plugin, testing that now.

Edit4: Yup here's the plugin for Sigil: https://github.com/kevinhendricks/ePub3-itizer
Works fine after using that!

Fatneek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I put the bookmark and the epub file in the books folder. I tried to load it on the app but it wouldn't. The book is 224 pages long and I waited for like 90 minutes. Did I do something incorrectly or should I have waited longer?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-12-17 000536.png
    Screenshot 2020-12-17 000536.png
    10.3 KB · Views: 445

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I put the bookmark and the epub file in the books folder. I tried to load it on the app but it wouldn't. The book is 224 pages long and I waited for like 90 minutes. Did I do something incorrectly or should I have waited longer?
Judging by that the last post before yours 2 years ago also had messed up I am guessing it is the app that dont work. Aswell as the OP hasnt been seen since 2018, i dont think this app is going to get updated or fixed.

Fatneek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Judging by that the last post before yours 2 years ago also had messed up I am guessing it is the app that dont work. Aswell as the OP hasnt been seen since 2018, i dont think this app is going to get updated or fixed.

Well that sucks but thanks for the help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: There is an actual trailer with footage too. lol. Going to watch it tonight. Grabbed it from...