Homebrew COMPLETED [RELEASE] EasyRPG Player - RPG Maker 2k/2k3 "emulator" for Switch

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
EasyRPG Player is a software allowing you to run games built with RPG Maker 2000 and RPG Maker 2003 on your system.
It actually supports several consoles and now Switch support got added.

Sourcecode can be found here: https://github.com/EasyRPG/Player

Download latest nightly build:
http://switchdb.rinnegatamante.it/#/info/16

How to install

- Place nro file inside /switch/easyrpg-player
- Extract the data files zip archive inside the same folder
- Place games folders inside the same folder

Last edited by Rinnegatamante,

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Here are the bugs I encountered:
-I got the error "OpenVideoOptions: Command not supported" when trying to change the settings in a game
-The screen doesn't get cleared properly (text that's over other text doesn't delete the other text)
-The audio is a bit laggy and doesn't have the right speed (at least that's what I think)
-The game crashed with error code "2345-0021" after I returned to menu and restarted

All of the issues can be seen in the following clip:

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Here are the bugs I encountered:
-I got the error "OpenVideoOptions: Command not supported" when trying to change the settings in a game
-The screen doesn't get cleared properly (text that's over other text doesn't delete the other text)
-The audio is a bit laggy and doesn't have the right speed (at least that's what I think)
-The game crashed with error code "2345-0021" after I returned to menu and restarted

All of the issues can be seen in the following clip:

The audio being not at the right speed is something i felt too but thought it was just me. Glad to hear is not only me feeling like that.
The screen not clearing properly should be one of those graphics glitches caused by the regression i mentioned in OP so should be fixed soon hopefully.
As for the game crash, that's a strange one that i never encountered on other games. Have to investigate.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
> -The screen doesn't get cleared properly (text that's over other text doesn't delete the other text)
After loading a savegame in both lb and phantom legacy the save screen also doesnt get cleared from the screen.

> -The audio is a bit laggy and doesn't have the right speed (at least that's what I think)
Same here.

Also - if you have recommendations of games that should not be missed on this plattform, please share them. I'm that this will be an entrypoint to that scene for more people than just me. :)

Yume Nikki doesn't work, btw - because of file name language conflicts. The game on the emulator tries to open image files with a japanese filename/path designation - and fails. Same install runs fine on Win.

Last edited by notimp,

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is really cool, and kudos to your team on this! This opens up HB in a while new light for people such as myself that can't really code, but still enjoy RPG Maker and can make games in it. Really looking forward to watching this project evolve and what HB users can make of it!

D

Deleted User

Awsome! I just started to Port that to the Switch. Thanks a lot! I Love rpg maker Games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all