Homebrew [Release] Easy Sudoku+Sudokuhax Installer

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the now official release of Ugopwn, I've decided to create this small program. This tool is simple: it will install Sudoku on your DSi (or emulated DSi), install Sudokuhax, and even encrypt the ticket for your console. No messing with older/newer versions of Sudoku, no trimming TMD's. Nothing.

Expect compatibility with EUR/JPN regions when ugopwn is released for those regions.

How To Use It:
  1. Download the installer below and extract the ZIP file.
  2. Find and download the Sudoku SRL from this page. It will be a link titled DSiWare_usa_sudokuhax_injection.zip.
  3. Extract DSiWare_usa_sudokuhax_injection.zip and copy 'sudoku_v0.app' to the same directory as 'DSi_Sudoku_Installer.bat'.
  4. Mount your DSi NAND using OSFMount.
  5. Run DSi_Sudoku_Installer.bat, follow the prompts, and wait.
  6. Re-encrypt the target DSi's NAND, and you're done.

FAQ:

It didn't work (hurr durr):
  • Make sure you are doing everything correctly:
  • Make sure you have entered the console ID correctly (not the byteswapped one)
  • Make sure you don't enter a colon ( : ) or a slash ( / ) when typing in your drive letter (for example just type F, and press enter)
  • Run the program from somewhere on your C: drive
  • Make sure you enter any letters of your console ID as CAPITALS!
  • Make sure you have the sudoku_v0.app file in the same directory as the bat file. The program shouldn't start without it unless you fudged with it!

Note: TWLtool, included in this archive, is made by @WulfyStylez, not me!

Attachments

• DSi_Sudoku_Installer_v1.1_(dpad_5678).zip
    83.1 KB · Views: 3,540
Last edited by dpad_5678,

dpad_5678

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That’s sick! If it’s anything like your other work, this should be straight forward. I’ll be doing this after work today. Thanks!
It's relatively straight-forward. The only hassle is having to download the Sudoku SRL, as I obviously can't include it in the attached file because of site rules, so you will need a torrent client to download it, at least with the provided link.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Dammit! I literally just downgraded my DSi XL yesterday and got Sudokuhax installed... Well this will make doing my step-daughter's DSi XL easier I suppose. I could have really used this to make my life easier.

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Dammit! I literally just downgraded my DSi XL yesterday and got Sudokuhax installed... Well this will make doing my step-daughter's DSi XL easier I suppose. I could have really used this to make my life easier.
Yes but the installer doens't work for now :(

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
How'd you manage to get sudokuhax installed POST downgrade?
Using the DSi hacking guide. dsiguide.me

After the downgrade worked in NO$GBA, I flashed my nand back to the DSi, and then got to work on injecting Sudokuhax. I ripped my legit-purchased sudoku app from my 3DS, patched it using Lunar IPS, trimmed the ticket, and put them into the nand, tested in NO$GBA again, and tested out Sudokuhax. Launching Sudoku opened the game, i clicked to simulate a tap, and it crashed the emulator like it should. So after confirming that it worked, I flashed the new nand copy to the DSi once more, and now I can launch SRLoader from Sudoku. Eagerly awaiting HiyaCFW and RocketLauncher now (if they ever come out... OP made the RocketLauncher announcement thread in July.)

Last edited by Jayro,
Reactions: chronoss

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damn, i forgot how to re-encrypt my nand. i did it for the first and last 2 months ago. lol

also, this step "Run tickCRYPT_2.0.bat, type or paste (right click to paste) your console ID, and follow the prompts." is in the readme, but not the "how to use it". is this a needed step?

Last edited by slaphappygamer,

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Using the DSi hacking guide. dsiguide.me

After the downgrade worked in NO$GBA, I flashed my nand back to the DSi, and then got to work on injecting Sudokuhax. I ripped my legit-purchased sudoku app from my 3DS, patched it using Lunar IPS, trimmed the ticket, and put them into the nand, tested in NO$GBA again, and tested out Sudokuhax. Launching Sudoku opened the game, i clicked to simulate a tap, and it crashed the emulator like it should. So after confirming that it worked, I flashed the new nand copy to the DSi once more, and now I can launch SRLoader from Sudoku. Eagerly awaiting HiyaCFW and RocketLauncher now (if they ever come out... OP made the RocketLauncher announcement thread in July.)
What guide are u using to inject Sudoku ?

dpad_5678

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damn, i forgot how to re-encrypt my nand. i did it for the first and last 2 months ago. lol

also, this step "Run tickCRYPT_2.0.bat, type or paste (right click to paste) your console ID, and follow the prompts." is in the readme, but not the "how to use it". is this a needed step?
No, sorry. Just follow the steps in the thread. This tool is actually a heavily modified version of tickCrypt. Guess I forgot to fix the README.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Great, it work now, i can now tested SRLoader !
48fa66cad5914bafec179960c717ac54.png

Last edited by chronoss,
Reactions: dpad_5678

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.