Homebrew [Release] Easily load payloads in HB Launcher via Brahma 2 mod

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@d0k3

Well no joy for me (so far)

I copied all files to the 3ds folder (Brahama folder and my 2 rxTools created files)

HBL loads fine, displays in HBL nicely, i select rxTools and get a message on screen about the payload and then some garble on bottom screen and it freezes

Pic 1 shows the HBL working fine... http://s17.postimg.org/na50a5ctb/IMAG0147.jpg
Pic 2 shows the garble on the lower screen, this is where it freezes (there is a brief message about payload but changes to the garble too quickly) http://s14.postimg.org/tbmx1iipd/IMAG0146.jpg

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well it doesn't boot rxTools :/
got a messed up bottom screen and it hangs :/

Exactly the same as you, posted pics above

Last edited by peteruk,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well it doesn't boot rxTools :/
got a messed up bottom screen and it hangs :/
@d0k3

Well no joy for me (so far)

I copied all files to the 3ds folder (Brahama folder and my 2 rxTools created files)

HBL loads fine, displays in HBL nicely, i select rxTools and get a message on screen about the payload and then some garble on bottom screen and it freezes

Pic 1 shows the HBL working fine... http://s17.postimg.org/na50a5ctb/IMAG0147.jpg
Pic 2 shows the garble on the lower screen, this is where it freezes (there is a brief message about payload but changes to the garble too quickly)

Exactly the same as you, posted pics above
Both of you, did you redownload the package I posted today? Other than that, Brahma 2 fails sometimes, so trying again makes sense. I didn't try it with rxTools, but I tried with ReiNAND & Decrypt9 - no problems so far.

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes can boot rxTools from CTR Boot Manager no problem, only freezes on HBL load

EDIT : yes also using version 2

Last edited by peteruk,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Dammit... okay, give me a minute. I'll see about the reason. You'll only have to update your Brahma 2 later, everything else should be fine. Also, @m45t3r might have an idea about what goes wrong here.

Reactions: peteruk

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If this helps, the 2 lines of text that appears before it garbles is....

payload rxtools /sys/code.bin@12000
maximum size 0

FONZD

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Have tried Brahma2_XML_enabled_fix2.zip

I can launch rxTools and the bottom screen is clean but now i have a problem with top screen (nothing: black screen)

Reactions: d0k3

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If this helps, the 2 lines of text that appears before it garbles is....

payload rxtools /sys/code.bin@12000
maximum size 0
Yeah, looking fine.

You could try something, in the XML file, though. Change the <arg> to "/sys/code.bin 0x12000 0x10000" (without the "). Tell me if it works.

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, looking fine.

You could try something, in the XML file, though. Change the <arg> to "/sys/code.bin 0x12000 0x10000" (without the "). Tell me if it works.

Tested this, same bug sorry, but this time the error is maximum size 10000 and then the garble on lower screen

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Wel, Cakes works, so should rxTools with the same settings, so it's another problem i think

rxTools version (Not working)
http://www.multiupfile.com/f/f0b1aa8d

CakesCFW version (working)
http://www.multiupfile.com/f/888e0ba3

(Sorry for the muliupload site, was the first one i came along in google search, don't have anything quicker yet)

m45t3r

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Dammit... okay, give me a minute. I'll see about the reason. You'll only have to update your Brahma 2 later, everything else should be fine. Also, @m45t3r might have an idea about what goes wrong here.

Try to decrease boot delay from 150 to 100. This seems to work better for some cases.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Try to decrease boot delay from 150 to 100. This seems to work better for some cases.
I think it is due to me not exiting the HB services before rebooting (BootCTR does that). Also, I'm using console output and rxTools doesn't seem to like that.

m45t3r

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I think it is due to me not exiting the HB services before rebooting (BootCTR does that). Also, I'm using console output and rxTools doesn't seem to like that.
This is true, however when existing services DO NOT call gfxExit() (brahma seems to depend of GFX to do the exploit correctly).

rxTools should work even with some output in console, however this may glitch the top/bottom screen. However, if everything is correctly it should still boot.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is true, however when existing services DO NOT call gfxExit() (brahma seems to depend of GFX to do the exploit correctly).

rxTools should work even with some output in console, however this may glitch the top/bottom screen. However, if everything is correctly it should still boot.
Do you think initializing these services is required at all? Delebile, for example, does not initialize anything but GFX, and he still uses HID and aptmainloop().

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: