Homebrew [Release] Easily load payloads in HB Launcher via Brahma 2 mod

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah the bottom screen mode is messed up in D9UI as well (like that issue we had with brahma a while ago).
Kinda funny though, screeshots taken with D9UI come out perfectly fine. haha :)
I just fixed the bottom screen issue, new package attached to the first post!

For the users of this... I'd be interested, is this more reliable than the loaders you've been using before?

Reactions: peteruk

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
So i have 2 CFW's on my SD, it should look something like: (after creating corresponding .smdh files with your tool)

/3ds/Brahma2/
/3ds/Cakes.smdh
/3ds/Cakes.xml
/3ds/rxTools.smdh
/3ds/rxTools.xml

Then the xml files:
Cakes.xml:
<shortcut>
<executable>/3ds/brahma2/brahma2.3dsx</executable>
<icon>/3ds/Cakes.smdh</icon>
<arg>/Cakes.dat 0x12000 0x0</arg>
</shortcut>

rxTools.xml:
<shortcut>
<icon>/3ds/rxTools.smdh</icon>
<arg>/rxTools/sys/code.bin 0x12000 0x0</arg>
</shortcut>

then i just boot into Hombrew Launcher (I suppose any modified HBL will also work)

Haven't tested this yet cause i'm not at home and don't have a 3ds with me
Anybody have some nice icons for Cakes and rxTools to make the smdh :D ?

Last edited by DjoeN,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
would some kind person be prepared to upload an rxTools version for the new fixed release please

thanks
You could have done this yourself ;).
So i have 2 CFW's on my SD, it should look something like: (after creating corresponding .smdh files with your tool)

/3ds/Brahma2/
/3ds/Cakes.smdh
/3ds/Cakes.xml
/3ds/rxTools.smdh
/3ds/rxTools.xml

Then the xml files:
Cakes.xml:
<shortcut>
<icon>/3ds/Cakes.smdh</icon>
<arg>/Cakes.dat 0x12000 0x0</arg>
</shortcut>

rxTools.xml:
<shortcut>
</shortcut>

then i just boot into Hombrew Launcher (I suppose any modified HBL will also work)

Haven't tested this yet cause i'm not at home and don't have a 3ds with me
Anybody have some nice icons for Cakes and rxTools to make the smdh :D ?
Looking good! And if you (or someone else) makes nice looking shortcuts, don't hesitate to post them here.

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am sorry @d0k3 I have read this thread, then re-read it and read it a 3rd time, i am still confused (sorry)

Is this loader is replacing the ctr boot manager ? OR is it replacing the original HBL loader .3dsx file ?

When i setup the ctr boot manager i renamed the original to something like boot_hbl.3dsx i think

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am sorry @d0k3 I have read this thread, then re-read it and read it a 3rd time, i am still confused (sorry)

Is this loader is replacing the ctr boot manager ? OR is it replacing the original HBL loader .3dsx file ?

When i setup the ctr boot manager i renamed the original to something like boot_hbl.3dsx i think
None of the two. It is for adding additional shortcuts to HB Launcher (works with smealums original and mashers version).

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
None of the two. It is for adding additional shortcuts to HB Launcher (works with smealums original and mashers version).

So to simplify this, for my own basic understanding, with this (once i have created an rxtools.xml) i can add these to the 3DS folder and then when all the guide is complete i can then boot rxTools from the HBL menu (with brahma 2 running in the background), do i have this part correct ?

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So to simplify this, for my own basic understanding, with this (once i have created an rxtools.xml) i can add these to the 3DS folder and then when all the guide is complete i can then boot rxTools from the HBL menu (with brahma 2 running in the background), do i have this part correct ?
Almost. Brahma2 must be installed but is not running in the background. The shortcut actually starts Brahma2 with the start parameters specified.

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Almost. Brahma2 must be installed but is not running in the background. The shortcut actually starts Brahma2 with the start parameters specified.

@d0k3 So, I already have a stable build of rxTools running on my N3DS and i want to try your new release, do i need to add any of the other FW files you refer to in the original post ? I mean what steps would i need to take if i already have rxTools installed to add your release please

I really want to use this but i am stuck guys, i only want to use it with rxTools

My setup is menuhax autoboot to ctr manager (3 secs delay) and then straight into rxTools emuNAND

So i am not sure how to implement it as i dont fully understand the guide

Help please :cry:

Last edited by peteruk,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@d0k3 So, I already have a stable build of rxTools running on my N3DS and i want to try your new release, do i need to add any of the other FW files you refer to in the original post ? I mean what steps would i need to take if i already have rxTools installed to add your release please

I really want to use this but i am stuck guys, i only want to use it with rxTools

My setup is menuhax autoboot to ctr manager (3 secs delay) and then straight into rxTools emuNAND

So i am not sure how to implement it as i dont fully understand the guide

Help please :cry:
No, you don't have to add anything at all. You already have rxTools installed, and what this does in essence is provide a shortcut to rxTools in the HB Launcher menu. Just try it! @DjoeN already showed you how to do it.

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@d0k3

Firstly thanks for your patience, sorry i am trying my best, but it must be hard for you dealing with me, i can only apologise

So i have created a file called rxTools.xml (which goes into the 3ds folder) and in this file it looks exactly like this...

<shortcut>
</shortcut>

So i copy the Brahma2 folder (containing the 2 Brahma files) into the 3ds folder

I am just stock now on how to create the rxTools.smdh (to put with the rxTools.xml inside the 3ds folder)

I am stuck on the creation of the smdh file, i have an icon.png which is 48x48 but when i run create_smdh i loads of errors, i have uploaded my rxTools icon, would you mind converting it to smdh for me please ?

http://s29.postimg.org/aveibkk1v/icon.png

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@d0k3

Firstly thanks for your patience, sorry i am trying my best, but it must be hard for you dealing with me, i can only apologise

So i have created a file called rxTools.xml (which goes into the 3ds folder) and in this file it looks exactly like this...

<shortcut>
</shortcut>

So i copy the Brahma2 folder (containing the 2 Brahma files) into the 3ds folder

I am just stock now on how to create the rxTools.smdh (to put with the rxTools.xml inside the 3ds folder)

I am stuck on the creation of the smdh file, i have an icon.png which is 48x48 but when i run create_smdh i loads of errors, i have uploaded my rxTools icon, would you mind converting it to smdh for me please ?

http://s29.postimg.org/aveibkk1v/icon.png
I'm helping you to help yourself (and possibly future users, too), okay? Show me the content of your create_smdh.bat file. If possible also a screenshot of the error messages you get.

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is the contents of my create_smdh file

@Echo off
set NAME="rxTools CFW"
set LONG_DESC="rxTools CFW via Brahma2"
set AUTHOR="Roxas75"
set ICON="icon.png"
set OUTPUT="rxTools.smdh"
smdhtool --create %NAME% %LONG_DESC% %AUTHOR% %ICON% %OUTPUT%

Below is a screenshot of the error i get...

http://s16.postimg.org/q3fh188l1/error.png

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@d0k3

Maybe it should be handy to include libwinpthread-1.dll in your "zzz_create_smdh" folder, it's needed by smdhtool.exe
(found it myself already and now trying to make a descent icon :D)

that is the error i am getting :( where can i find this file please ?

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Last edited by DjoeN,
Reactions: d0k3 and peteruk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.