Homebrew [Release] ds rom forwarders for hiyacfw

edo9300

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Here it is my second entry in the dsi scene (or third if you consider this as 2 separated things). With this program, you'll be able to create dsiware forwarders for your games to be used with hiyacfw.

Forwarder creation tools
REQUIRED TEMPLATE FILE:
Download the latest template file from here https://github.com/edo9300/Rungame-template/releases (it's needed by the following tools to actually create forwarders), extract it:
  • In the same folder as the exe if you're using the windows tool to create the forwarders
  • In the MakeForwarder folder in the root of your sd card if you're using the ds app
and rename it "template.nds" (overwrite the one present in the archives (if any)).
changelog:
  • v2.1
    • Fixed the selection of the path for the savefile.
  • v2.0
    • Added support for bootstrap version 0.17.0
    • Added the possibility to change the save path (if the user wants to store the saves from a location different than the rom's folder)
    • Added a small settings menu.

Windows version
Its usage is pretty simple, on your pc you only need 2 files, the exe, and the "template.nds" file (it's provided in the release archive).
You'll just have to drag your nds rom over the exe (or provide it as aurgment when launching it from command line), after that, in the same foder as the nds file a "title" folder will be created, you only have to place this newly created folder in the root of your sd card.
When you first start the app, you'll have to set up the paths to the game and the bootstrap.

Downloads:
Binaries: https://github.com/edo9300/Make-forwarder/releases
Source: https://github.com/edo9300/Make-forwarder

changelog:
  • v1.1
    • Fixed an issue that made the program not work properly if teh target nds wasn't in the same folder as the exe

DSiWare version
Extract the rar in the root of your sdnand, then launch the app from hiya's system menu.

Downloads:
Attached to this post.

When configuring the forwarders, if you are already using TWiLight Menu++, then the bootstrap will be in the "_nds" folder, otherwise download it from ahezard's repo and place the template config file in the same directory as the bootstrap's. This setup is required only at the first launch, if you want to redo the setup, you can do it by keeping a pressed during the boot of the app.

Atm it's not possible to change the game settings for the bootstrap from the app itself, the only way is edit them from a pc, you can find the game settings in the data folder of the dsiware (title/00030004/gameid/data), saved as "bootstrap.ini".

Attachments

• MakeForwarder.rar
    350.8 KB · Views: 1,477
Last edited by edo9300,

edo9300

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
oh, that makes sense, how much do the fowarders weight? i dont want to brick my emunand.
They are 9 blocks each, sho you should be able to have plenty of them. as for the title, apparently i cannot change it.... so i'm afraid that i'll have to keep this misleading title... (i'll take this as a lesson) XD

edo9300

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As far as I can tell, this one uses nds-bootstrap and is for games, while the other does what's referred to as "direct boot" and boots homebrew? Sorry, I'm not really an expert with this stuff.
i checked, basically those 2 tools are a different thing, his tool, patches the header to make it be recognized as a dsiware, and teh nds is copied in the title folder, mine instead, is a frontend to the bootstrap, you're not installing the game in the menu. In few words, what those 2 apps are complementary, mine works with retail games roms, his with all the remaining stuff (i was also planning to do a dsi interface for it too).

Reactions: Tarmfot

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
As far as I can tell, this one uses nds-bootstrap and is for games, while the other does what's referred to as "direct boot" and boots homebrew? Sorry, I'm not really an expert with this stuff.
tried to get that working and it just wouldnt work, this works without a hitch and its fast.

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
i checked, basically those 2 tools are a different thing, his tool, patches the header to make it be recognized as a dsiware, and teh nds is copied in the title folder, mine instead, is a frontend to the bootstrap, you're not installing the game in the menu. In few words, what those 2 apps are complementary, mine works with retail games roms, his with all the remaining stuff (i was also planning to do a dsi interface for it too).
Ohh, okay.

tried to get that working and it just wouldnt work, this works without a hitch and its fast.

As far as I know, it only works with newly created DSi homebrew, nothing else.

MaxiBash

Your Local Random Internet Geek
Trophies
Website
trashbandatcootofficial.cardd.co
XP
Country
Netherlands
Released a DSiWare version of the tool, downloads in the first post. Tanks to @Trash_Bandatcoot for the icon.
Haha, yeah, I was starting to wonder when it would get actually released.
All I got was a pre-release that worked perfectly.

Edit: By the way, not much, but you write it as "Thanks".
Now you've sent an army with tanks over to my house.

Last edited by MaxiBash,
Reactions: banjo2

edo9300

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Does this produce unique IDs for homebrews yet?
As I already stated this is not meant to be used with homebrews, even if you could launch them with some workarounds, so atm there's no support for them, I could add support for custom ids for the case of hack ROMs of the same game that share the same id

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
As I already stated this is not meant to be used with homebrews, even if you could launch them with some workarounds, so atm there's no support for them, I could add support for custom ids for the case of hack ROMs of the same game that share the same id
Ohh ok

It wouldn't work just to change the folder name, would it?

edo9300

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ohh ok

It wouldn't work just to change the folder name, would it?
You would have to change other than that, the game id in the .app file, to match the one in the folder, same for the path stored in the app, then make a new tmd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?