[Release] Dragon Quest Monsters - Joker 3 NTR Plugin

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by ManCloud, Jan 5, 2018.

1. XiNaru

XiNaru Member

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2017
    Germany
    at me the luma 3ds crasched while use battle codes und exp codes evry time

2. JonArbuckle28

JonArbuckle28 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2019
    United States
    Same problem as FlashThunder, crash on startup when plugins are enabled

3. Stroup

Stroup Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2019
    United States
    I'm having the exact same problem as the lovely people above. When I boot the game, it crashes with Process ID 38 and the specs already expressed. I'm on luma3ds 9.1 Plugin Edition, and have the file located in the correct file and everything. Has a solution been discovered?

4. JonArbuckle28

JonArbuckle28 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2019
    United States
    I ended up getting Sharkive. They've got cheats for the english fan translation of DQMJ3, and you can use it with the cheats option in Rosalina menu. Only problem I've had is with the "all skills available when fusing" cheat, that crashes mine so be careful

5. Stroup

Stroup Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2019
    United States
    How do I go about getting these codes from Sharkive? And is there one for infinite Network Coins of all kinds so I can just keep buying any monster?

6. JonArbuckle28

JonArbuckle28 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2019
    United States
    You start the program on your 3ds and choose DQMJ3 from the list of games you have installed
    There's no network coin code, but you can make fused monsters not disappear

7. Stroup

Stroup Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2019
    United States
    So is there still no solution to the problem? I really would like to start getting my favorite monsters.

8. ManCloud
    OP

ManCloud Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2016
    Germany
    Brunswiek
    The codes from sharkive (they are not originally from there) are already implemented into this plugin.
    At least every code that does not generate "illegal" monsters.

The network coin code was removed due to its instability. It was usable once and afterwards (at least for me) just zeroed every single coin.

Gesendet von meinem MI 8 mit Tapatalk

9. Tokenx

Tokenx Member

Newcomer
    May 4, 2007
    United States
    I also wasn't able to get past the splash screen without a crash (but I suspect it's because I'm using pre-patched stuff), but the network coins hack was the only thing I really wanted.

I did eventually manage to safely hack my coins to 999 and save it at that value without resetting the library using a very convoluted method involving loading my save in Citra and debugging with Cheat Engine, so I'll share what I learned here, maybe someone will find it useful.

From my testing, I've found that there's a check when you open the X menu (including indirectly through the touch screen buttons) that verifies if your # of network coins (and # of Sirloin Steaks, and possibly other good items). If any of those numbers are incorrect, also accounting for spent/gained coins, the game resets your library to 0% and all of those items back to 0.

If anyone's interested in how they can edit their coins to 999 safely as well, I wrote down how I did it, but be warned, it's VERY convoluted.
    How to safely hack DQMJ3 network coins to 999
    So, that's the extremely convoluted method I found, but it works for me at least. I spent a good number of hours looking into where the game flags the wrong # of coins, but unfortunately I couldn't find a single place where it happens, or a way to turn it into an Action Replay code, so this was the next thing I tried and it surprisingly worked.

If anyone's desperate for network coins that don't reset to 0 or cause your library to go to 0%, this is the way I did it.

Last edited by Tokenx, Aug 3, 2019