Release date for ‘Crysis Remastered Trilogy’ announced

crysis trilogy.JPG

Announced back in June, Crysis Remastered Trilogy now has an official release date. Crytek revealed today that the collection featuring remasters of the single-player campaigns from Crysis, Crysis 2, and Crysis 3 will launch on October 15 on PC and consoles. Crysis 2 Remastered and Crysis 3 Remastered will also be available to purchase individually on the same date.

To have an idea about the improvements in the remastered version, the developer released two comparison videos last month showcasing the differences between the remasters on Xbox Series X and PS5 compared to the original games on Xbox 360 and PS3. A PC comparison is said to be coming soon.

Crysis Remastered Trilogy is optimized and enhanced for next-generation consoles, letting each game play smoother than ever before. The original games played at an average of 720p resolution and up to 30 FPS. On Xbox Series X and PlayStation®5, the Crysis remasters play between 1080p and 4K at up to 60 FPS, achieved with dynamic resolution for excellent performance on today's hardware. In addition to substantial performance gains, Crysis Remastered Trilogy features improved lighting and visually enhanced characters, weapons, and environments, plus high-definition textures for crystal clear images.

Crysis Remastered Trilogy will launch for PC, Xbox Series X|S, PS5, Xbox One, and PS4 on October 15 as a digital release via the Epic Games Store, Microsoft Store, and PlayStation Store for USD 49.99 | EUR 49.99. A physical release for Xbox and PlayStation platforms will also be available on launch date. The Nintendo Switch versions will feature separate retail releases for the remasters of each individual title in the trilogy, offering players an exclusive bonus art card. In addition, twenty art cards randomly inserted into day one orders for each format will be numbered and autographed by members of the development team.

Crysis 2 Remastered and Crysis 3 Remastered, which feature remasters of the single-player campaigns from the original games released in 2011 and 2013 respectively, will launch on the Epic Games Store, Microsoft Store, PlayStation Store, and Nintendo Switch eShop on October 15 for USD 29.99|EUR 29.99 each.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Most people loved to copy people about the quote: The Switch or PC can't run Cysis. I don't understand.

Anyway, I can't wait for this game. Had PS3 for each but if it is a lot of improvement then I am getting it for Nintendo Switch because it won't be working on non jailbroken PS4/PS5 yet. :)
The original Crysis on PC is notoriously hard to run. A GTX 750Ti will get like 10 FPS on 1080p max settings. Keep in mind this is a game from 2007, and that's a GPU from 2014.

owoLinksu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get the point in remastering games that were 'HD' on release, or games that don't /need/ them, like windwaker HD.

Like why not remaster old games that look like poo, like remaster medal of honor or something [bad example but just off the top of my head] like something that actually needs a remaster.

herpderp we remastered a game that looks fine pls give us some dollars now.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The original Crysis on PC is notoriously hard to run. A GTX 750Ti will get like 10 FPS on 1080p max settings. Keep in mind this is a game from 2007, and that's a GPU from 2014.

Maybe they fixed it this time. And I didn't know about that. I played it and it was fine on PS3, thought. No wonder it had a difficult on PC. Thanks for making me an attention for PC version.

D

Deleted User

At least 720p with STABLE 30 fps.
huh, didn' the game recieve an update that increased the docked res a little bit?
Update 1.6:
"· Increased the maximum dynamic resolution from 720p to 900p in Docked Mode."

Rj.MoG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On low maybe.
Are you joking or did you never actually play the game? Even a 9800gt runs it pretty comfortably on high. The game is extremely CPU bound as it’s single threaded. They expected frequency to continue increasing. No one really expected processors to start increasing core counts and as a result they didn’t program the game to be multi threaded

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0