WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if i recall correctly multidisc was not supported in my original release.
it truly has been some time. I wish i had some person that was really good at photoshop to design a new UI for this that might get me interested in revisiting this. I was just never truly happy with the UI for this thing.
glad to hear that i made some people happy with this. sounds silly but the world has not been very nice as of last couple of months. glad its helped some people out.

Keepcrom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For what it's worth I like the UI. I for one hope you're able to get back to this at some point because it has really been great.

Hopefully things get better and once again thanks.

Deleted member 502272

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant create a new UI, but I could redo the UI images. Like I did with the Atari FB units. Just let me know, I would need the original images to redraw and swap for sizes and filetype, etc.

And for the record your cfw ROCKS! I hated waiting forever for the shit to load, and all the games in one folder sucks. TBH I mostly play Castlevania on TGFX CD once I got a pair of the retrobit sega 6 button pads on deals. but that alone was worth it.

Last edited by Deleted member 502272,

WarMasterXX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a new question:
I wanna polish my setup on your CFW. I wanna get rid of all the crap I created for games I don't have on the system anymore (example: save files and custom controls), plus I wanna copy memory card saves that have everything unlocked for several of my PS1 games into the system.

Since my computer can't read the SD card the way your CFW has it formatted, how would I go about doing this?

SwordofDanu

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having a issue with the firmware where the two Gaster Blaster logos come up then nothing, where have I gone wrong?

bobajob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought one in the UK yesterday and having the same problems as other european users where the mame zip files won't load. You can see the custom thumbnail but when you press A to start the game it just flashes once and returns to the menu. I've also downloaded the custom firmware and with that SD card inserted I get the custom flash screen graphics and the different system emulator icons are showing but when ever I try and start one of them (or the retroarch icon itself from last screen) I just get a blank screen and it stays there until you press B button which returns you to the menu. I think I will be taking it back to the shop today

JayEhL766

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Got a UK version too. Followed the supplied instructions (may thanks for the CFW!). Image on SD card. Games on usb stick in their respective folders.

Added some GBC and PCE games. Seemed to play fine.

Added a couple of NES and GBA games. They load up, but you cannot press Start.

I then try again later and now ALL the games have the same problem. You cannot press Start on any, including the ones that played fine before. I have removed the new games, swapped USB sticks, removed all games and the games folder, started from scratch. No joy. Cannot press Start. = Can't play.

I am perplexed. They played fine to begin with. Now I'm stuck. Any ideas (would be much appreciated)?

Gower666

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a valid ISO for CFW anywhere that I can download, as the only working download site on this thread, is corrupt. Thanks :0)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@WD_GASTER2 Is there a valid ISO for your awesome CFW firmware, that I could download please (as my SD card has died and need the ISO for the new SD CARD)? The only working download site on this thread, is corrupt. Many thanks in advance :0)

Jinsta

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a valid ISO for CFW anywhere that I can download, as the only working download site on this thread, is corrupt. Thanks :0)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@WD_GASTER2 Is there a valid ISO for your awesome CFW firmware, that I could download please (as my SD card has died and need the ISO for the new SD CARD)? The only working download site on this thread, is corrupt. Many thanks in advance :0)

The first libnk is still valid and working bud

WarMasterXX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thought I'd let everyone know this because I just discovered it and no one else has said anything about it:

Because the CFW's "Master System" emulator is PicoDrive, it can play not only SMS ROMs, but also Genesis ROMs in addition to 32X ROMs (without requiring the BIOS files) with .sms extensions!

Jackass77

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Is there anyway to put the roms on the micro sd card at back so you can play 2 players game instead of occupied one of the USB ports in front?

Blehstor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hey guys. Is this also applicable to Retro-Bit Generations? The console looks exactly the same so I assume the hw is compatible?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi:
    Good morning!
  • ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi:
    pineapple belong on pizza? The answer is yes until proven otherwise
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    hi, i need help with unbanning my 3ds, can somebody show me a link to a seed that still works and isnt yet banned, mine got banned yesterday
  • A @ anotherthing:
    The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @StatusN, welcome
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey qwerty look at that you ain't the youngest here anymore
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Had a question on 3ds
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    will one still be able to transfer pokemon from the ds 3ds games to Switch
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Supposedly Bank isn't going down.
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    i know they are @anotherthing but i modded m y 3ds last month and i installed pretendo but as my 3ds got banned i need a friend seed to unblock my 3ds
  • A @ anotherthing:
    You got banned from Pretendo?
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    online ban
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @anotherthing I think Nintendo should have just re released all pokemon games on the switch
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    let you transfer it all
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    bank got shutdown in april last year
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, yea the only game they rereleased are the game boy and games boy color ones (remakes don't count)
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    does anyone have a friend seed link to a seed that isnt already banned and is new, if anyone does then thanks
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty I refuse to get Nintendo Switch online
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    until they add pokemon mainline games
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could very easily do so
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i meant that they got rereleased in virtual console in 3ds
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty why cant they do so for the switch :sad:
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    S @ salazarcosplay: I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a...