Homebrew [Release] Cthulhu - app for managing play time, step history and cached icon data

Ryuzaki_MrL

Green Thunder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Cthulhu is an open-source alternative to some of Nintendo's 3DS Development Unit Software, alongside with extra features.

Current version: v1.3.3 (Januray 06, 2018)

Current Features:
- Clear play time history: clears your play time history (it can be seen at Activity Log under "Daily Records"). This can't be undone without a backup of your PTM savefile.
- Clear step history: clears your step history (it can be seen at Activity Log under "Daily Records"). This can't be undone without a backup of your PTM savefile.
- Clear software library: clears your software library (it can be seen at Activity Log under "Software Library").
- Edit software library: allows editing of individual entries on your software library.

- Clear shared icon cache: clear all shared cached icon data, used by Activity Log, Friends List and Notifications (this will also clear your Activity Log title list).
- Update shared icon cache: iterates through all entries and replaces outdated ones.
- Restore shared icon cache: restores the previous shared icon cache in case something goes wrong while updating it.
- Clear HOME Menu icon cache: clears the icon cache used by HOME Menu, then reboots the console so HOME Menu can create it again.
- Update HOME Menu icon cache: iterates through all entries and replaces outdated ones.
- Restore HOME Menu icon cache: restores the previous HOME Menu icon cache in case something goes wrong while updating it.
- Software gift unwrapper: unwraps all software on HOME Menu. Suggestion of @Clydefrosch
- Demo Play Count Reset: resets play count of all installed demos. Suggestion of @DavidRO99
- Folder Count Reset: resets HOME Menu's folder count so that the next folder created is "1". (Only works if you run Cthulhu from Test Menu).
- Replace/remove custom eShop music: self explanatory.
- Clear Game Notes: deletes all your game notes at once.
- Change accepted EULA version: useful for allowing out-of-region online play (when set to FF.FF).
- Toggle HOME/Test menu: changes which menu the 3DS will boot on startup (Test Menu needs UNITINFO patch AND having test menu installed for it to work).

Future Features:
- Misc. features seen on dev unit software.
(Suggestions are also welcomed)

Download:
- Github (3DSX and CIA)
- TitleDB (CIA only. Download from FBI or Homebr3w)

Source:
- Github

Obs.: Because HOME Menu doesn't allow accessing its icon cache while it's running, Cthulhu runs on extended memory mode.

Last edited by Ryuzaki_MrL,

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before I do something potentially dumb, is everything that this modifies stored in nand or on sd? I can test n3ds rn btw.

Ryuzaki_MrL

Green Thunder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Before I do something potentially dumb, is everything that this modifies stored in nand or on sd? I can test n3ds rn btw.

HOME Menu cache is stored on SD card.
Everything else is stored on NAND.
The worst that can happen, and happened to me on early testings, is PTM savefile corruption (play time data, pedometer data, user and system time data).
The PTM module will then just create another savefile, as stated on 3dbrew.

It shouldn't happen anymore since I'm not using PTMSYSM_FormatSavedata anymore.

Yeah but it never reboots your device, hence home menu is still running in the background. Just thought I'd let you know.

Hm. Can anyone with a N3DS test HOME Menu icon cache clearing/updating from the CIA version?

EDIT: Nevermind
I can test n3ds rn btw.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
sooo... i have a feeling this should get the ability to make a backup and restore that PTM thing

and since its already dealing with home menu things... you think theres a way to make this unpack like all games on homescreen?

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The worst that can happen, and happened to me on early testings, is PTM savefile corruption (play time data, pedometer data, user and system time data).

Hm. Can anyone with a N3DS test HOME Menu icon cache clearing/updating from the CIA version?
I cleared it, and my theme reset, it regenerated home menu stuff, then icons took a while to render.
edit: not sure how to test if updating works correctly. It went through it successfully though I think.

Last edited by ih8ih8sn0w,

Ryuzaki_MrL

Green Thunder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
sooo... i have a feeling this should get the ability to make a backup and restore that PTM thing

Cthulhu doesn't directly accesses the PTM savefile, instead it calls the ptm:sysm service to do the job: https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/PTM_Services#SysMenu_PTM_Service_.22ptm:sysm.22
That's how Activity Log gets the Daily Records data, but via the ptm : play service instead.

and since its already dealing with home menu things... you think theres a way to make this unpack like all games on homescreen?

Sorry, I didn't get it.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Cthulhu doesn't directly accesses the PTM savefile, instead it calls the ptm:sysm service to do the job: https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/PTM_Services#SysMenu_PTM_Service_.22ptm:sysm.22
That's how Activity Log gets the Daily Records data, but via the ptm : play service instead.

Sorry, I didn't get it.
at some times, you end up with a million gift wrapped icons on homescreen. like when you remove the 0000000098 folder during a9hl installation. it would be cool if there was something to unpack all of that instantly

Ryuzaki_MrL

Green Thunder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
at some times, you end up with a million gift wrapped icons on homescreen. like when you remove the 0000000098 folder during a9hl installation. it would be cool if there was something to unpack all of that instantly

Ah, understood.
It would be a nice addition. Added to OP.

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me ask this then, I believe I understand but Inwant to ask directly.

Say you had a Homebrew installed as a cia, and that Homebrew had a name change, but it still shows up as the old name in play history. Does this allow you to fix that?

Ryuzaki_MrL

Green Thunder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Let me ask this then, I believe I understand but Inwant to ask directly.

Say you had a Homebrew installed as a cia, and that Homebrew had a name change, but it still shows up as the old name in play history. Does this allow you to fix that?

Exactly! The icon is also updated.

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States

It shouldn't happen anymore since I'm not using PTMSYSM_FormatSavedata anymore.

EDIT: Nevermind
n3DS also has a mode that reboots the console. Maybe there should be seperate downloads for o3DS and n3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: im going off now...I'll turn off my brain