ROM Hack [RELEASE][Conquest Story Overhaul] Fire Emblem Fates: Good Guy Garon Edition

garlea1

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
sorry for asking but can undub version use this? because i have replace on the romfs folder but it still not change ingame

Deleted member 414661

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Okay so I replaced the files accordingly using Karameru and Citra pops up saying "Your ROM Type is not supported"

Edit: I just now replaced the files in a slightly different way and the game file loads in Citra but the emulator freezes, idk what is going on.

Edit2: So I thought the extradata might have been an issue since I tested the vanilla game with Citra before copying and modding it for Good Guy Garon, I deleted the FE Fates extradata from Citra and then tried to load the modded copy of FE Fates for GGG. Still freezes in Citra displaying "0%/100% speed, Frame: nan ms or ever-increasing numbers of seconds" and refuses to go anywhere. Idk what I'm doing wrong, but I need help.

Last edited by Deleted member 414661,

PhanPhan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice!! Any plan to work on Birthright route? I'm trying to play in the recommended game order from Birthright, Conquest, to Revelation, but poorly written plot is making it hard for me to finish Birthright...

SomeDudeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Beat this, and I gotta say I had a lot of fun with this! You made a pretty piss poor story into something genuinely good, this version of Conquest might just be my favorite Fire Emblem game overall, as Conquest already had my favorite gameplay, just the story was well... Ugh.

ZoraArcher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so I’m trying to do a story overhaul like you. I’m curious how you got access to the RomFS folder. Did you decrypt the .cia file? And if so, how? I’ve searched all over but I’ve found nothing. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Fates-Blade-900

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so I’m trying to do a story overhaul like you. I’m curious how you got access to the RomFS folder. Did you decrypt the .cia file? And if so, how? I’ve searched all over but I’ve found nothing. Am I looking in the wrong place?
To get access to the Romfs folder you can decrypt your FEFates .cia, there are other file types you can use instead,
but for now I'll deal with the .cia, to decrypt it you'll want asia 81's hacking toolkit, here is a tutorial with a link to the toolkit and instructions on how to decrypt your .cia with it, https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-decrypt-extract-rebuild-3ds-cia-cxi-files.383055/

Last edited by Fates-Blade-900,

Akio-Lord7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello, I have translated the patch into Spanish but only for M!Corrin, I plan to place it in a Spanish forum about Fire Emblem, mentioning you as the creator of the original patch in English, I hope you have no problem with that.

Very good patch, great job.

This message was written with the help of the google translator.

AgahnimD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for your interest and support! I've gone through a lot of big life changes, all positive, but it has significantly reduced the time I've been able to spend on creative projects. The rewrites for the other paths are always on my mind though, so it will happen eventually.

Speaking of rewrites, there's a few small changes I want to make to the GGG patch. The interactions with Garon in Chapters 7 and 9 feel a little too on-the-nose in a few places, so I'm looking into smoothing it out (Thanks Rotted_Fish !). Chapter 18 also felt a little rushed since I was hitting character limits, but I've learned more about hacking Fates and may be able to extends the scenes.

I'm not really satisfied with where the Revelation rewrite is right now. Outside of Corrin, most of the new moments focus on the Nohrian siblings which is a disservice to the Hoshidans. It also feels wrong to be working on the finale when half the supporting material is untouched. I want the rewrite to be enjoyable by fans of both families and to build off of both routes! To solve this issue and help make myself more invested into the Hoshidans, I've decided to play through Birthright again and focus on changing that path instead of Revelation. The modifications likely won't be anywhere near the level of GGG since it's a pretty standard plot, but it will exist in the universe as GGG so it'll have a little more world building to it. Since there's less plot that needs to change for BR, there'll be less work involved and time needed to do it.

That's basically it. I'll keep posting here with updates, but please feel free to message me with any areas of BR you feel could use a revision.

Last edited by AgahnimD,

StarlingOnCrack

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for your interest and support! I've gone through a lot of big life changes, all positive, but it has significantly reduced the time I've been able to spend on creative projects. The rewrites for the other paths are always on my mind though, so it will happen eventually.

Speaking of rewrites, there's a few small changes I want to make to the GGG patch. The interactions with Garon in Chapters 7 and 9 feel a little too on-the-nose in a few places, so I'm looking into smoothing it out (Thanks Rotted_Fish !). Chapter 18 also felt a little rushed since I was hitting character limits, but I've learned more about hacking Fates and may be able to extends the scenes.

I'm not really satisfied with where the Revelation rewrite is right now. Outside of Corrin, most of the new moments focus on the Nohrian siblings which is a disservice to the Hoshidans. It also feels wrong to be working on the finale when half the supporting material is untouched. I want the rewrite to be enjoyable by fans of both families and to build off of both routes! To solve this issue and help make myself more invested into the Hoshidans, I've decided to play through Birthright again and focus on changing that path instead of Revelation. The modifications likely won't be anywhere near the level of GGG since it's a pretty standard plot, but it will exist in the universe as GGG so it'll have a little more world building to it. Since there's less plot that needs to change for BR, there'll be less work involved and time needed to do it.

That's basically it. I'll keep posting here with updates, but please feel free to message me with any areas of BR you feel could use a revision.
Hey, man! We're all happy that your life is improving. If at any time this project is disrupting it in any major way, don't be afraid to take a break.

fieryhellz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hiya, I've been trying to install this for my Europe copy (UK) but no matter what I do It just isn't working, i'm guessing this is for USA only?

Fishmalk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hiya, I've been trying to install this for my Europe copy (UK) but no matter what I do It just isn't working, i'm guessing this is for USA only?
Should work with the eu version. The only difference i think would be the name of the folder you create in "titles" on your sd card. you need to use the appropriate title id for your version:
000400000017A800: Fates Special Edition EUR
0004000000179500: Birthright EUR
0004000000179700: Conquest EUR

i suspect it wont work with a br cart and cq as dlc

fieryhellz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Should work with the eu version. The only difference i think would be the name of the folder you create in "titles" on your sd card. you need to use the appropriate title id for your version:
000400000017A800: Fates Special Edition EUR
0004000000179500: Birthright EUR
0004000000179700: Conquest EUR

i suspect it wont work with a br cart and cq as dlc

Special Edition definitely isn't working for Europe (but it does on the USA version) but I've just bought a copy of conquest physically so hopefully this time it works.

TomboyGamerXL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! Is this project still active? I really enjoyed the Conquest storyline and world-building (was really nice to have Garon/Nohr be more than generic chaotic evils) and wanted to know if the BR or RV path are still in the works before I replayed Fates.

whateverg1012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazing work on this... Don't know if the original Japanese script was trash or if the localizers were just rubbish, but you made this story far superior.

Momo333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I'm still waiting for an update on Revolutions. I can only hope this project is still alive..... FE Fates story has so much potential someone just need to fix it.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I still consider Xander to be OoC in all three routes, since despite claiming to care about "fairness" and "justice" and all that he still allows a childish, psychopathic mass-murderer to be his retainer - a girl who killed god knows how many servants because she was "bored" or "upset", and has no compunctions against random slaughters of innocents even as an adult.

Yeah, screw dat. She should've been some kind of thug the player could optionally recruit if they want her around, or something - anything more in line with her character, that doesn't automatically make Xander a goddamn hypocrite.

Freaking NYX would've been a better retainer, since despite being a mass-murderer, that was an accident and she's at least trying to repent - she's a much more interesting character, a far more worthy woman for the retainer role, than godforsaken Peri would ever be. Xander...you can be so OoC...

Last edited by AkiraKurusu,

Red_BY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Great mod! A shame that it hasn't been updated for a while since other routes would be much more enjoyable with your rewritten script.
Also I noticed that mod is probably incompatable with EUR Special Edition. While trying to merge it with some other mods I think I found the reason. In this mod file directory looks like this "romfs\m\@E" , which is how it probably looks in USA release. However when I extracted RomFS from my EUR copy I noticed that @E subfolder doesn't exist. In EUR there are @F,@G,@I,@S and @U. Each subfolder for every supported language with @U being English, not @E ( UK I guess?). So for all EUR users try renaming @E in "romfs\m" and "romfs\m\B" to @U and it should make the mod compatable .

Last edited by Red_BY,

Mansad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, can someone help me with this mod? I'm pretty sure I installed it correctly, the GGG even shows up on the title screen, yet for some reason the actual story text is left unchanged. Thanks in advance!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: