ROM Hack [Release] compareTitlesCSV - tells you what is safe to delete after region change

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
here is a python tool i made that will compare fw title csvs like from this site - http://yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/reports.php
it will tell you what system titles are ok to delete, you specify your source fw CSV, your target fw CSV, and then -region1 sourceregion, -region2 targetregion
not really for noobs anyway, but to make it even easier, here is an example - 'python compareTitlesCSV.py 6.2.0-12.csv 9.0.0-20.csv -region1 KOR -region2 EUR'

you would use this if you want to clean up the previous region you were on, to get rid of things like duped camera apps, duped settings apps etc etc
it's not required at all i am sure, but it just makes it look a lot neater :)

Attachments

• compareTitlesCSV.py.zip
    968 bytes · Views: 1,350

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
as always awesome release!

lol this and most of my things are just little python tools to speed things up a bit, nothing really 'new', but doing it without this would just take a long time :D
but it's not cool stuff like real 3ds developer hackers haha

Wowfunhappy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much for this!

(The only thing left that I need to complete a region change is a way to generate N3DS xorpads...)

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Something I keep forgetting to ask about: How exactly does one delete the other region's titles from the NAND?

all this does is tell you what system titles are safe to delete (yourself, manually, decrypt your nand and tidy it up)
it simply compares what you came from, what you changed to, and what stuff is not required in the new region.
from 'all my testing' (not that much), it doesn't matter if you don't do this, it just makes it look nicer

Reactions: Margen67

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
cearp

I download all those CIA (4.5.0-10J) :
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-3ds-nand-secureinfo-tool-for-region-change.383792/
I should be now in 4.5.0-10E (Before change region), but settings are always showing 4.5.0-9E.
I changed my EmuNand to .
But after I have some Title Duplicated.

I want to use your compare tool, but i don't really now how to use the commande.

So :
you specify your source fw CSV, your target fw CSV, and then -region1 sourceregion, -region2 targetregion

Your source Firmware CSV : It's what ? because i can't find a CSV for my 4.5.0-9E
Target Firmware CSV : 4.5.0-10.csv ? (Even if i see always 4.5.0-9 ?)
-region1 : EUR ?
-region2 : JPN ?

So, i think it's (something like that) :
python compareTitlesCSV.py 4.5.0-9.csv 4.5.0-10.csv -region1 EUR -region2 JPN

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Asia81 - python compareTitlesCSV.py 4.5.0-10.csv 4.5.0-10.csv -region1 EUR -region2 JPN
if -9 does not exist, just use -10, it will contain everything -9 has :)

after you deleted them, use rxtools and update to 9.6 :)

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried to delete the duplicate title by deleting the associated folders inside the title folder. I don't have the banners anymore the the icons are still here. What did I do wrong? :(

Edit : Managed to do it with BRM. Didn't realize until now that when I tried to uninstall a title, it actually uninstalled the title just above the one I selected. I hope this bug will be fixed. :/

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I tried to delete the duplicate title by deleting the associated folders inside the title folder. I don't have the banners anymore the the icons are still here. What did I do wrong? :(

Edit : Managed to do it with BRM. Didn't realize until now that when I tried to uninstall a title, it actually uninstalled the title just above the one I selected. I hope this bug will be fixed. :/

that's a nasty bug...!
the icons are still there? hmm... i'm not sure...
when i deleted the folders everything just went, it was fine... sorry

Wowfunhappy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's a nasty bug...!
the icons are still there? hmm... i'm not sure...
when i deleted the folders everything just went, it was fine... sorry

This has happened to me before. You need to delete the folders at the same time you perform the SecureInfo swap, not afterwards.

Note that either way, deleting the folders by itself doesn't seem to fully remove titles, and causes problems with New3DS region swaps. Consider using BigRedMenu instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hello everyone