ROM Hack (Release) Coloured carts with the GBC banner.

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So this was something I worked on for a while mainly just because I just wanted coloured carts with my coloured Gen 1 and 2 Pokemon injects, however, this does work with the official GBC VC as well. So what's so special about this banner you ask yourself well normally the GBC banner doesn't allow for coloured carts because for some unknown reason Nintendo decided to make the cart grayscale while the GB one is RGB.

Alright, so I recommend you use Kuriimu to replace the images Ohana 3DS doesn't replace all three cart images also because all you are doing is editing the banner.bin I recommend you use ba-GUI-nnertool to extract the banner.bin included in the download and to repack the banner.bin as well. I expect you to know how to extract and rebuilt a CIA file no point explaining how to do that there's plenty of tutorials explaining how to do so.

If all went well you'll have something like this.

xeP3LEC.gif

Enjoy!

Attachments

• ColouredGBC.7z
    137.2 KB · Views: 312
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: MaiconErick

MaiconErick

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Reactions: TurdPooCharger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, it converts the image to grayscale. :<
@Asdolo, in case editing the Virtual Console banner or footer should be in color mode and not grayscale.

@MaiconErick, I was not able to figure out a way to make that banner colorized with homebrew only editing tools. The textures of the virtual console banners are controlled by the various banner#.bcmdl, one for each region. They're linked to the banner.cgfx model.

Those *.bcmdl have their color palettes set to 'L8A8 (grayscale)'. Not sure if this can be change without CTR SDK.

Reactions: MaiconErick

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls