Homebrew [Release] CIAngel - download GOOD cias right on your 3ds :)

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I searched "Super Mario E3" and got 6 random "Super Mario' titles (though a video named "Super Mario E3 Video" exists on the servers) I tried to enter "next" in hopes it'd show me 7-12, but it.. started downloading the Steel Diver Sub Wars update...? Okay then...

Also, perhaps a search-by-title-ID function could be implemented? If we input a title ID, it could search for the key associated with a title ID and go from there.

Double Jumper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Also, perhaps a search-by-title-ID function could be implemented? If we input a title ID, it could search for the key associated with a title ID and go from there.
Could be good if it could match in a reverse order, but that could be a pain to implement. I mean you only needing to type the last digits of the titleid, since the beginning is usually a bunch of 0s with a random 4 or something.

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to enter "next" in hopes it'd show me 7-12, but it.. started downloading the Steel Diver Sub Wars update...? Okay then...
Yeah, typing in text gives some pretty weird responses. Whenever I don't see the game I want, I type 'no' and it does one of many things: download the Steel Wars update, a Tomodachi Life update, unmarked DLC for Etrian Mystery Dungeon (had to look it up on 3DSDB to figure it out), system modules, and sometimes even nothing at all. It kind of amuses me, to be honest.

I also found a glitch with the input keyboard, will have to make a video about it.

And 7-12 exists in the program's memory. I know this because typing '7' did what a #7 in the search queue would do when I tried it... Maybe in the next version, we'll have a 'next' button. Who knows?

Sabaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I was fiddling around with the newest version. At some point I had it download enctitlekeys, then I hit the button to generate tickets. And, well it seems to be generating hundreds of tickets, I assumed it would let me pick which one... So, my question is, what does that mean, does it mean the next time i connect ot he eshop it will try to download a million games?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I was fiddling around with the newest version. At some point I had it download enctitlekeys, then I hit the button to generate tickets. And, well it seems to be generating hundreds of tickets, I assumed it would let me pick which one... So, my question is, what does that mean, does it mean the next time i connect ot he eshop it will try to download a million games?
No all the tickets are in a single folder and you can choose which ticket to install by using FBIv2

Leo2nardo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait. I had a friends 3ds on 10.7: newest version. He wants homebrew and downgrade but he has no oot 3d or CN. So I have a hacked 3ds with oot 3d installed and wanted to transfer it but I can't since it was not legitly installed from eshop. With this program can I get the tickets and stuff to be able to transfer like if I actually bought it?

Double Jumper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wait. I had a friends 3ds on 10.7: newest version. He wants homebrew and downgrade but he has no oot 3d or CN. So I have a hacked 3ds with oot 3d installed and wanted to transfer it but I can't since it was not legitly installed from eshop. With this program can I get the tickets and stuff to be able to transfer like if I actually bought it?
You need the physical copy of OoT3D to use OoT3Dhax on another console.

Sabaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No all the tickets are in a single folder and you can choose which ticket to install by using FBIv2
Ahh thats a relief, thanks :)

I'm not having very good luck with the search function, Hit "L" Typed "Puzzle" for the name, that should match any number of titles in wings.json, It then asks me to pick the number to download, but there does not appear to be any listing of titles. If I type "1" and enter it seems to crash the software.

tiduscrying

that butt...
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
It would be convenient to have an option to not select any of the listed options after a search. For example, if I search for something and want to try re-searching or cancel my search, it would be handy to be able to type "0" or "restart" or something like that. I got a weird list searching for something and then typed 0, only for it to start downloading some odd DLC for something (I have no idea what).

Overall, this is an incredibly interesting concept and release. I'm eager to see where this goes in the future. Just downloaded something as a test and am installing it now. Time to see how well that bit works!

Double Jumper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think a good next step (maybe after refining the search algorithm a bit) could be cleaning up the menu. Clearing the screen after an option is selected to have it in a "new screen"; a cursor instead of specific keys and keyboard codes; pressing B to go back and redraw the menu. These are things a lot of apps have implemented, so it shouldn't be too difficult, and would improve the navigation by a lot.

Last edited by Double Jumper,

Sabaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, really like the concept. no need to take the sd card out and plug it into your computer etc. Certainly would make it nicer for travelling.

Blundermann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh thats a relief, thanks :)

I'm not having very good luck with the search function, Hit "L" Typed "Puzzle" for the name, that should match any number of titles in wings.json, It then asks me to pick the number to download, but there does not appear to be any listing of titles. If I type "1" and enter it seems to crash the software.
You need to put the wings.json file in the /CIAngel/ folder.

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Silly question, I tried using the manual entry method for lets say, Minish cap, and I used the title key db as reference, Title ID first, followed by the encrypted. While it downloads and says successful, it doesn't really show anything on the screen.

Sorry if it's silly but this has flown way over my head, using the search function for zelda doesn't show anything related to zelda at all lol

PS : i already have the wings and db downloaded.

Last edited by Misledz,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?