Homebrew [Release] CIAngel - download GOOD cias right on your 3ds :)

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is there even any games that are only available as a physical copy?
Quite a few. Kingdom Hearts 3D, Tales of the Abyss, Samurai Warriors Chronicles, Tekken 3D Prime, DOA Dimensions, there are probably more, but those are the ones I have or had.
EDIT: RE Mercs 3D and Revelations seem to have been added to the eShop.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen,
Reactions: cearp

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
Why on earth are you creating an installable CIA if you're already on the device you want to install to?

Wouldn't using NIM to install as if it were legit eshop content save tons of space and time?
@cearp are there any plans to do this? It seems like it would be much quicker than creating a CIA and then installing it, just skip the creation step.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you trying to download things you had previously installed as a CIA? If you have bad tickets you need to delete them and then install the new ones.
How do you even delete bad tickets? I have a few backups of my eShop stuff from an older N3DS XL that I'd like to be able to get a good ticket for.

CLOUD9RED

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Hi, I just need a clarification on a few things.
1. So this tool downloads the .CIA, but then after you still need to install it, right? (This happens automatically, or FBI is needed for that?)
2. Does the .CIA file you download will remain on the SD card (so that I have to manually delete it) or does it 'dissolve' by itself after the installation?
Thank you.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
@cearp are there any plans to do this? It seems like it would be much quicker than creating a CIA and then installing it, just skip the creation step.
that's what it now, optionally does, thanks to @Drakia although as it is now, it only works when running the application from homemenu (= installed the cia). the 3dsx version (and FBI too) have some problems with svc which is needed for some permissions.
although the post you quoted is needlessly critical, 'why on earth'... lol
it's a beta, an alpha... etc, it was 0.1... have some patience :D
i think creating a cia is very useful, of course, good to have choice.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

1. So this tool downloads the .CIA, but then after you still need to install it, right? (This happens automatically, or FBI is needed for that?)
2. Does the .CIA file you download will remain on the SD card (so that I have to manually delete it) or does it 'dissolve' by itself after the installation?
Thank you.
the lastest code (not compiled for the public) can optionally install straight to the 3ds and not create a .cia on the sd card. no cia file will exist.
if you build a cia, it is not installed. use a different program to install. (at least at the moment)

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you.
1. I haven't used it yet but I think you need to install the cia manually.
2. cia files don't delete themselves automatically. If you use BigRedMenu you can install the cia and have it delete automatically after.

Reactions: CLOUD9RED

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can mostly just use the Data Management section at the native settings.
No you can't. Deleting it in system setting deletes the data but leaves the tickets. That's why you are able to re-download things from the eshop after you delete them.

EDIT: Changed "keys" to "tickets".

Last edited by Bu2d85,
Reactions: cearp

Double Jumper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No you can't. Deleting it in system setting deletes the data but leaves the keys. That's why you are able to re-download things from the eshop after you delete them.
you can't delete tickets via system settings data mangament
I see. But what if I install a good cia with the same titleid as a bad ticket leftover on the 3DS, does it become a bad cia or gets overwritten? Or just stays there doing nothing?

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. But what if I install a good cia with the same titleid as a bad ticket leftover on the 3DS, does it become a bad cia or gets overwritten? Or just stays there doing nothing?
The good ticket will not install until you delete the bad ticket. So the game will be there but the ticket will still be bad.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The good ticket will not install until you delete the bad ticket. So the game will be there but the ticket will still be bad.
Can I uninstall or overwrite all of my bad tickets and install good tickets without deleting the cias? I don't really want to redownload 30 GB of games if I can avoid it.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: