Homebrew [Release] CIAngel - download GOOD cias right on your 3ds :)

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I searched the thread and didn't find my answer, so sorry if this has been asked already.

Is it possible to use this to get dlc as well? I searched for dlc in CIAngel as well, but nothing came up. Thanks. :)
Don't search for the string "DLC", the DLC isn't flagged like that. Just search for the game name, and look at the bottom screen when going through the results to look for ones with type "DLC".

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only way to tell is by looking at the product code or title id
This just gave me a great idea. Something that either you @cearp or @Drakia could include on the bottom screen.

Just a little info panel if you would:

U - Update/Patch
N/P - Games
M - DLC
T - Demos

Would help with with some confusion maybe?

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
This just gave me a great idea. Something that either you @cearp or @Drakia could include on the bottom screen.

Just a little info panel if you would:

U - Update/Patch
N/P - Games
M - DLC
T - Demos

Would help with with some confusion maybe?
i think Drakia added this already...? :) at least, displaying what type the content is, not the information guide that you say.

absinthee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use decrypt9 :)
also look at my updated post above, i added a little to it. good luck

Sounds good. Pretty sure I have some dlc not listed on that titlekey site.

Thanks again. :grog:

Don't search for the string "DLC", the DLC isn't flagged like that. Just search for the game name, and look at the bottom screen when going through the results to look for ones with type "DLC".

Ha! Cool. Didn't see that before. I was wondering why there seemed to be a lot of dupes listed. Thanks! :D

Last edited by absinthee,

GamerUnity

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hey guys, is it possible to cancel a download since it looks like CIAngel freezed in 55.35% downloading Animal Crossing.

Can I cancel it and start again? Or if I power off, there's a chance it would break/brick/etc.

Edit: So, I hold the power button on my new3ds and nothing seems off. But what happened to the incomplete download? (I dont have latest version)

Last edited by GamerUnity,

starly396

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speaking of DLC, have others had an issue where visiting the in-game store will randomly invalidate tickets for DLC? I've seen this with Mario Golf: World Tour so far.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Gotcha! Any guesses why? (Just curious :huh:)
i think because nintendo checks their server to see what we have, and i guess if we don't have it, it overwrites our local ticket on our device, and removes the dlc we have installed.
because some people say they don't have themes disappearing for them, i think this is because they didn't even go to the theme shop, so they never got the blank ticket that you are given upon entering theme shop (or any in game dlc shop) - so if you don't get that original ticket, the dlc won't get removed.
even if we use something like fbi to delete the ticket locally, it is still stored on nintendo's server that we have it, so it doesn't make a difference :(

Double Jumper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, is that GUI still being worked on? Cause with freeshop this seems like a weird place for CIAngel to be... Just wanna understand what's next, or do things still need to settle down to be sure?

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, is that GUI still being worked on? Cause with freeshop this seems like a weird place for CIAngel to be... Just wanna understand what's next, or do things still need to settle down to be sure?
Honestly besides the Gui(which is really amazing in free shop) ciangel is still superior for now. Until freeshop can download dlc, figure out what's wrong with games missing and all that jazz it's still better to use ciangel. Plus auto downloading the .json file makes it 10000x easier for noobs

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Any ideas why I am getting the "error installing SEEDDB entry: 0xd900182f" whilst trying to download and install Hyrule Warriors EU??

Seems to download and install ok but gets stuck on 3DS loading screen :huh:

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, is it possible to cancel a download since it looks like CIAngel freezed in 55.35% downloading Animal Crossing.

Can I cancel it and start again? Or if I power off, there's a chance it would break/brick/etc.

Edit: So, I hold the power button on my new3ds and nothing seems off. But what happened to the incomplete download? (I dont have latest version)
The space ends up being marked at free, and no issues should occur. No idea what causes the freeze, it's probably the same n3ds issue as FBI, and I don't own a n3ds.

... Really? Yes the GUI is still being worked on by superbudvar. And no, we don't NEED a GUI for this app to be useful.

Any ideas why I am getting the "error installing SEEDDB entry: 0xd900182f" whilst trying to download and install Hyrule Warriors EU??

Seems to download and install ok but gets stuck on 3DS loading screen :huh:
If the language of your console isn't set to English, could you try changing it to English and see if that fixes it? There's a bug with certain languages being selected on the 3ds right now

Reactions: Serphirot

Double Jumper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
... Really? Yes the GUI is still being worked on by superbudvar. And no, we don't NEED a GUI for this app to be useful.

Oh please don't get me wrong, for me it's perfect as it is, I'm just talking popularity here, and that theoretically freeshop would end up with similar features. Just a bit worried that people forget about CIAngel. People with that attitude that you assumed I had.

Last edited by Double Jumper,

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh please don't get me wrong, for me it's perfect as it is, I'm just talking popularity here, and that theoretically freeshop would end up with similar features. Just a bit worried that people forget about CIAngel. People with that attitude that you assumed I had.
Eh, people will flip flop between homebrew, it's kinda what this forum does. I'm not too concerned about it as long as the tool is useful *shrug* We'll get a fancy UI eventually, and some will come back, then FreeShop will do something and some will go away, then we'll do something and people will come back.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, console language is set to English.. And its a euro N3DSXL :mellow:

Granted, freeshop might look prettier but Angel is my prefferred method :D
I'll have to look into it tonight, not sure why you'd be getting that. I'm assuming you're running the CIA version of CIAngel, correct?

Either way, it'll be another 8 hours or so until I can actually dig into what's happening. For now you could try using FBI to install the seed?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)