Homebrew [Release] CIAngel - download GOOD cias right on your 3ds :)

VaiCorinthians

Trophies
XP
Country
Papua New Guinea
I find it strange that Nintendo have the GBA Ambassdor games on the server and they still haven't made them purchasable but yet again Nintendo doesn't like money
Ambassador program was made by Nintendo in recognition of players whom bought the 3DS for $249.99 before the price dropped to $169.99 on August 12, 2011. Exclusive games for those players.

Glassed Silver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
FunKeyCIA for the last question.
That doesn't let me download content from multiple regions though, right?

My O3DS I try to keep offline-only and far away from the eShop, so preferably the backups I want to install as CIAs I'd love to get from the actual source and then install them, possibly through BBM.

Reading about FunKeyCIA it doesn't seem to let me do that and merely download what I already have on that 3DS, which, especially in the case of JPN-only games is pretty much nothing save for the backups I get from others through conventional means.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
That doesn't let me download content from multiple regions though, right?

My O3DS I try to keep offline-only and far away from the eShop, so preferably the backups I want to install as CIAs I'd love to get from the actual source and then install them, possibly through BBM.

Reading about FunKeyCIA it doesn't seem to let me do that and merely download what I already have on that 3DS, which, especially in the case of JPN-only games is pretty much nothing save for the backups I get from others through conventional means.
FunKeyCIA is on the computer, you can download anything you want
FunkyCIA is ideally for your own stuff from eshop from your console

Glassed Silver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
FunKeyCIA is on the computer, you can download anything you want
FunkyCIA is ideally for your own stuff from eshop from your console
Whooops, got it mixed up, especially as I was looking at CDN-FX, which is a GUI for FunKeyCIA.

Any GUI for FunKeyCIA available?
Also, am I reading this right? I don't have to know anything but the ID of the content I need with FunKeyCIA, the signing happens on the console itself?
Sorry, guess on top of everything I'm really out of the loop here.

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey so after using this a while I'm starting to see why everyone hates the search algorithm:D

Would it be possible to add a "browse" function that when clicked shows a,b,c etc..and then when you click which letter you want all the games starting with that letter would show. If that would be harder than altering the search tho then just fix the search but a browse function would be sweet

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Hey so after using this a while I'm starting to see why everyone hates the search algorithm:D

Would it be possible to add a "browse" function that when clicked shows a,b,c etc..and then when you click which letter you want all the games starting with that letter would show. If that would be harder than altering the search tho then just fix the search but a browse function would be sweet
yeah that would be nice in the future, most recent would be nice too

Reactions: 4gionz

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Whooops, got it mixed up, especially as I was looking at CDN-FX, which is a GUI for FunKeyCIA.

Any GUI for FunKeyCIA available?
Also, am I reading this right? I don't have to know anything but the ID of the content I need with FunKeyCIA, the signing happens on the console itself?
Sorry, guess on top of everything I'm really out of the loop here.
The games won't be signed. You'll need CFW to install them.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

And maybe to get around the fuzzy search problem, you could search exact strings. For example the accented E is a problem for Pokemon, but if you searched for 'pok' and 'mon' there wouldn't be too many games other than Pokemon with those exact strings in them. Same for 'Zelda'. The only games with the word Zelda in them should be actual Zelda games.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good news, everyone! Thanks to some awesome work by superbudvar (I'm not sure of his GBATemp name, but he's on Github here: https://github.com/superbudvar), and me being too sick to go in to work, we have a slightly better search result list :D

There should be a build out in the next day or two, but I just love giving sneak peeks at what we've got on the go :D This is now the search results for "Pokemon": http://i.imgur.com/EqZ9LKS.jpg

D

Deleted User

Good news, everyone! Thanks to some awesome work by superbudvar (I'm not sure of his GBATemp name, but he's on Github here: https://github.com/superbudvar), and me being too sick to go in to work, we have a slightly better search result list :D

There should be a build out in the next day or two, but I just love giving sneak peeks at what we've got on the go :D This is now the search results for "Pokemon": http://i.imgur.com/EqZ9LKS.jpg
Can you or cearp upload a new release when you're able to?

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can you or cearp upload a new release when you're able to?
There should be a build out in the next day or two

Give it time, things need tested, the code for the new search filtering isn't even in trunk yet, I just finished writing it about 10 minutes ago.

Also a big shout out to @TheCruel for pointing me at the fuzzy search library he was using!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
An idea for improvement: on boot, search for the wings.json file, and if not found, replace the search option with a message along the lines of: 'wings.json not found, Search Title not available'. So people don't keep wondering why there is a Search function but they aren't getting any results.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
An idea for improvement: on boot, search for the wings.json file, and if not found, replace the search option with a message along the lines of: 'wings.json not found, Search Title not available'. So people don't keep wondering why there is a Search function but they aren't getting any results.
did you try the latest release? i think that is basically exactly what happens, it tells you that and then you can press A and download the file withing CIAngel itself!

Reactions: Quantumcat

flow349

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nice work!
But i have to report a problem.
I installed the new version (don't deinstalled the old before), downloaded the newest .json file.
When i set the Filter to eur und type in the search "Star fox" rhe program Crashs an has to reboot the system.
Any idee

By the way if i type "zelda" i get the right results :)

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7105 mit Tapatalk

Last edited by flow349,
Reactions: cearp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse