Homebrew [Release] CIAngel - download GOOD cias right on your 3ds :)

GeorgeAnton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a heads up, you might want to update the readme on github now that @Drakia has updated the UI as it still says to press L to change 'modes'.

Really appreciate the work you guys have put into this, i've been following it from the start and it's awesome how far it's come :)

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just a heads up, you might want to update the readme on github now that @Drakia has updated the UI as it still says to press L to change 'modes'.

Really appreciate the work you guys have put into this, i've been following it from the start and it's awesome how far it's come :)
Yeah, I'm terrible at updating documentation :) We may also be changing install mode switching back to L or R in a future version as well (I've found using a menu item for it is annoying when you're always doing installs)

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, this is a great release. I first tried it running the HBL version of this from sysnand and it worked great. I installed the downloaded cia on emunand and game worked great. Then I installed the .cia version to EmuNAND (as I prefer to fiddle with stuff on emunand rather than sysnand, even if I have A9LH) and it worked great as well.

If I understood correctly this app basically searches the title id and uses the encrypted code to access the data stored in the servers to download it and after it is downloaded it builds a .cia file from it, right?.

If so, this is a different method than installing .tik files using FBI, right? Or is it a similar method?

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Wow, this is a great release. I first tried it running the HBL version of this from sysnand and it worked great. I installed the downloaded cia on emunand and game worked great. Then I installed the .cia version to EmuNAND (as I prefer to fiddle with stuff on emunand rather than sysnand, even if I have A9LH) and it worked great as well.

If I understood correctly this app basically searches the title id and uses the encrypted code to access the data stored in the servers to download it and after it is downloaded it builds a .cia file from it, right?.

If so, this is a different method than installing .tik files using FBI, right? Or is it a similar method?
Like tickets but faster and with no risk unlike the tickets method.

Last edited by Billy Acuña,

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
Like tickets in what sense? I feel it is way safer than the other method.

BTW, I installed a cia file I downloaded and it asked me to update game, I did so pressing Y and downloading update directly (not through eshop) and it updated game correctly! That's awesome!

Like tickets but faster and with no risk like the tickets method.

Enviado desde mi BLU LIFE XL mediante Tapatalk

coreycubed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a bug, wen you writte a long name like "the legend of zelda majoras mask" the program crash.

I figured out a way around this. Open the wings.json in notepad and look for the titleid and enckey. You can manually input those into CIAngel. Defeats the purpose of the search feature, but it works for me.

Also, if you download the CIA by accident instead of installing it, you can run CIAngel again in install mode instead of download mode, and it'll find the CIA already on your SD card.

Both of these might be totally obvious, but I had to figure it out myself, so I'm posting it just in case :)

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

BTW, I installed a cia file I downloaded and it asked me to update game, I did so pressing Y and downloading update directly (not through eshop) and it updated game correctly! That's awesome!
I mean, CIAngel is safer than tickets method, I edited my comment changing "like" by "unlike", my bad...

Reactions: VaiCorinthians

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
Haha, ok. Then this method doesn't write any extra info in the NAND or anywhere I should be aware of?

I'm asking because I disliked the idea of installing tickets in NAND. I prefer to stay away from eshop if possible as well.

EDIT: Oh, and I delete the tmp folder it creates when downloading a title. It keeps creating it every time, though. What is there? Should I keep it or can I delete it?

I mean, CIAngel is safer than tickets method, I edited my comment changing "like" by "unlike", my bad...

Last edited by Bullseye,

VIERcntHOLZ

yep, theres missing an "u".
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, id like to try CIAangel - installed the .cia
put the input.txt, in the CIAngel folder, started it, hit import by import.txt
got TitleID and encrypted Key from AN INTERNET SITE but it says "Could not download TMD. Internet/Title ID is ok?"

anything i forgot?

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
got TitleID and encrypted Key from AN INTERNET SITE but it says "Could not download TMD. Internet/Title ID is ok?"

anything i forgot?
try getting the wings.json file... it should be on one of the iso sites...

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Haha, ok. Then this method doesn't write any extra info in the NAND or anywhere I should be aware of?

I'm asking because I disliked the idea of installing tickets in NAND. I prefer to stay away from eshop if possible as well.

Downloading a cia won't, but installing one necessarily adds a ticket for it, if there already wasn't onw!

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I found a bug, wen you writte a long name like "the legend of zelda majoras mask" the program crash.
Yeah, I actually ran into that the other night. The search code definitely has some issues we'll be working out :)

Just curious...
Is possible to cryptofix installed CIAs with Decrypt9?

As far as I know it's only possible to cryptofix CIA files, as its doing a deep decryption.

The files are downloaded from the eshop CDN, and the contents are combined with the titlekey to create a CIA. In download mode it will create a CIA you can install using FBI, and with install mode it downloads the CIA directly as an installed title (without creating a temporary CIA file)

Yup, due to using proper encrypted title keys, games created/installed with CIAngel can be updated and downloaded directly from the eshop without issue :)

EDIT: Oh, and I delete the tmp folder it creates when downloading a title. It keeps creating it every time, though. What is there? Should I keep it or can I delete it?
Tickets are still installed to your currently active NAND (either sys or emu/red, whichever you are booted into). The tmp folder is used for storing a few temporary files used during both create and install modes (tmd/cetk files). The CIA is also initially created there when in create mode.

when I load an installed cia, it locks on the 3ds boot screen....
Some titles require cryptofixing, which CIAngel does not do. You may need to use D9 to cryptofixing the CIA before installation.

anything i forgot?
Make sure the order of the title ID and key are correct in the input.txt file, and that your 3ds is connected to the internet.

question: can I download a pre-purchase pre-load game and play it without wait to release date? :unsure:
If you can manage to get a proper titlekey for a prerelease game, sure. But u doubt you'll be able to ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8