Homebrew [Release] CIAngel - download GOOD cias right on your 3ds :)

Traiver

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I created a .CIA file of CIAngel 0.3, if everyone is fine with that. Maybe @cearp can pin it to his main post x)

It's my first work, don't judge me. Serial: CTR-P-ANGL

top_0001-vert.jpg

Edit: Banner update

Attachments

• CIAngel 0.3.zip
    795.1 KB · Views: 94
Last edited by Traiver,

anthony001

Trophies
XP
Country
what is the meaning of GOOD cia? will i get banned online if i used this? also can this be used on aureinand running the latest firmware? is there an instruction on how to run and install this? whats the difference between this and funkyCIA?

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what is the meaning of GOOD cia? will i get banned online if i used this? also can this be used on aureinand running the latest firmware? is there an instruction on how to run and install this? whats the difference between this and funkyCIA?
"Good" just means the CIA uses the encrypted titlekey, so you can redownload/update via the eShop. Far as I know, CIAs won't result in a ban. Aureinand has signature patching, so CIAs generated with this tool will work with it. Instructions are in the first post. And this is a 3ds homebrew app vs a desktop app.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Isn't this significantly riskier than using that ISO site? Has Nintendo taken any action against people using this method?
we have been able to redownload stuff since jan 2015.
but maybe now that it is getting more popular maybe nintendo will do something. probably not.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
we have been able to redownload stuff since jan 2015.
but maybe now that it is getting more popular maybe nintendo will do something. probably not.
I mean more in the way of legal action. I'm certain they haven't sued anyone, but has anybody had their ISP contacted for piracy or anything like that?

vexhash

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
So this program can download any game or only eshop-only stuff? Or there is every single game stored on nintendo servers?

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I mean more in the way of legal action. I'm certain they haven't sued anyone, but has anybody had their ISP contacted for piracy or anything like that?
we haven't heard anything yet... maybe they went to guantanamo and that's why they can't let us know :)
So this program can download any game or only eshop-only stuff? Or there is every single game stored on nintendo servers?
this depends on nintendo's eshop servers, yes, only eshop stuff.

Chocobubba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So using the latest release of this I downloaded the title key.bin and extracted the tickets, then installed them all using the latest release of FBI (although one failed)

I have the redownload option as expected but everything I've attempted to download fails at 99% and throws an error. (Usually 005-8034)

rockbmi

Trophies
XP
So using the latest release of this I downloaded the title key.bin and extracted the tickets, then installed them all using the latest release of FBI (although one failed)

I have the redownload option as expected but everything I've attempted to download fails at 99% and throws an error. (Usually 005-8034)
did you install all 1000+ title keys?

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu

hmm strange... i can check the ticket generation again, but the tickets i tested were exact copies of the output of FunKeyCIA
let's hear if anyone else had a problem too

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AliceCE @ AliceCE: all colors kick off, and everything is rendered in black and white