1. night_hawk

night_hawk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Italy
    I downloaded the release directly from github some days ago. I don't know if the zip file has the last release, i don't know how to build by myself. Can you post it?

2. Shadowtrance

Shadowtrance GBAtemp Addict

Yeah github is being a pain in the butt atm and I'm having issues getting a release on there....don't know why but it's being a pain.

But anyway, here's the latest build.

I did xenoblade xorpads (all of them) in about 30 mintues earlier. :)

Attached Files:

3. full-hopeness

full-hopeness Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Armenia
    complete any 3ds roms to the CIA conversion, amazing! but hope it can support new 3ds or higher o3ds system, more guys can enjoy:lol:

4. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

5. smasbros

OP smasbros GBAtemp Regular

Melon__Bread likes this.
  6. DarkMatterCore

DarkMatterCore I like turtles.
    Developer

Venezuela
    There's no need to modify Decrypt9, as far as I could tell. "Batch processing" is entirely handled by the ncchinfo.bin file generated when running the convert.py script. Instead of containing info related to all the partitions from a single game, it only points to the exHeaders from each and every game stored in the "roms" folder.

7. Riku

Riku GBAtemp Regular

United States
    No, they won't be faster, as long as you rely on makerom it be much much slower and consume a lot of ram. Not to mention extracting partitions with rom_tool takes time and space as well. That's also the reason why whole thing isn't x86-friendly.

8. DJPlayer

DJPlayer Banned
    Banned

Netherlands
    This package contains the slot0x25keyX.bin. Sharing this file is illegal in this forum, or not?

9. Melon__Bread

Melon__Bread ~It's A Magik~

United States
    So I got this working on Linux (and I assume it will work on Windows as well) via Decrypt9 on my N3DS.

1. Place these tools in the tools folder (if you are doing this on Windows, you can skip this step)
    2. Generate your xorpads like normal via Decrypt9 through ninjhax
    3. Take the exheader xorpad from the root of your SD card and place it in the xorpad folder
    4. rename the xorpad by removing ".Main' and making all of the letters to lower case in the titleid (i.e. 000400000015B200.Main.exheader.xorpad -> 000400000015b200.exheader.xorpad
    5. run 'convert.py' (make sure the .3DS of the game you are making into a .CIA is in the rom folder)
    6. press Enter
    7. Wait for the script to do its thing until you get a message about the .CIA being completed
    Now this is not perfect nor the most desirable way to go about it, but for now it seems to be a okay band-aid solution

EDIT: I edited the 'ncchinfo_gen.py' that comes with Decrypt9 sot that it just gives you the exheader xorpad and nothing else. Plus I made it spit out the file name so that it does not need to be renamed after being put in the xorpad folder.
    You can view the changed source here or download

2Hack, kactusss and d0k3 like this.
  10. d0k3

d0k3 3DS Homebrew Legend

Germany
    Nice! Smasbros, you should update the package to accomodate for Ninjhax users. Also, please remove the slot0x25keyX.bin, otherwise the admins will remove the download. People have to get the slot0x25keyX.bin from somewhere else.

The question that is still unanswered is, what about about regionfree and FW spoofing (in that case, being able to run the CIA on a system below the 'required' FW)?

11. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

the region free and FW spoofing requires you to decrypt the exefs too, but i guess that should be doable, as really its only the romfs partition that takes up the bulk of the time.

d0k3 likes this.
  12. smasbros

OP smasbros GBAtemp Regular

Removed slot0x25keyX.bin in attached zip file and notify others to download it from other place, thanks for your kind notice~

13. d0k3

d0k3 3DS Homebrew Legend

Germany
    One more thing... if you don't want to adapt your package for Ninjhax (I understand, you're a O3DS user, correct?), I'd suggest you add a link from post #1 to this post, so Ninjhax users can just get the additionally needed stuff from there. I'lll try to stop nagging now :D.

Edit: Already broke my promise, but do you think that would be a possibility to add, too?

14. d0k3

d0k3 3DS Homebrew Legend

Germany
    Maybe you could point me to some instructions how to do it? I know, sounds like a "to lazy to read" question, but it's difficult to find what you're searching for here, and a Google search didn't help.

15. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

covers how the region code is set in the icon.bin from the exefs
    http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Home_Menu#Region_Lockout
    (or more specifically this http://3dbrew.org/wiki/SMDH#Region_Lockout)
    and im not really sure about min FW spoofing never really looked into it...i will have a look around

16. liomajor

liomajor GBAtemp Maniac

United States

EDIT: Took melon's .py and file was properly generated.

17. Melon__Bread

Melon__Bread ~It's A Magik~

United States
    you need to remove '.Main' from the file name and change all of the letter characters in the titleid to lower case (i.e. 000400000015B200.Main.exheader.xorpad -> 000400000015b200.exheader.xorpad)

18. liomajor

liomajor GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Oh lol, .cia was generated but no status, it simply closed the window and vanished.

ciakonpack needs some status messages.

19. bannana2

bannana2 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    nice job. very practical.

20. d0k3

d0k3 3DS Homebrew Legend

Germany
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - CIAKonPack, [Release], converter