[Release] Checkpoint, a fast and simple save manager for 3DS and Switch

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by EventAssistant, May 14, 2018.

1. Famicon

Famicon GBAtemp Fan

Sep 24, 2013
    United States
    Never mind I figured it out.

2. Tommy92

Tommy92 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2016
    United States
    I am getting a 2002-0001 when trying to restore edited save for Smash Ultimate xci from checkpoint.

Okay, I already had the edited save working with no errors. I deleted it because I wanted another save file that didn't have any completion (new game) in Super Smash Ultimate xci. I am using SX OS 2.5.2 emuNAND 6.2.0 with exFat support. I am working on a mac. When I finally had both the new save game and the edited save folders in checkpoint and restored the edited save I consistently get a 2002-0001 when I am loading Smash Ultimate. I have tried many combinations: deleting both files and starting from scratch, deleting the new save game file, deleting the saves through data management. Deleted the .nsp v1.2 update for Smash Ultimate. Deleted the Checkpoint.nro and folder it belonged in. Installed the xci using sx os installer. re-installing the v.1.2 .nsp update. I cannot get the edited file to load anymore. The only thing I did not try was to delete the smash ultimate.xci file completely from the sd card and copy it back to the root of the sd. I don't know if that will do it but unsure why it is not loading the edited save file. Any info will help. Thank you!

3. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Seems like Checkpoint isn't compatible to converted games It just causes the Switch to crash. I confirmed this b/c I deleted the save file from one of my nsp to xci games and it didn't crash hovering on other non converted titles. Only the XCI converted games causes an error code 2168-0002. Forgive me if this is captain obvious statements I didn't read the previous 6 pages.
    Update: only solution I found was to use JKSV as it works with converted games.

Last edited by MasterJ360, Jan 18, 2019 - Reason: update
  4. zui

zui Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2019
    Switzerland
    Thanks, it works just flawlessly. Currently on 6.2.0 with reinx.

5. Indigo Marz

Indigo Marz Indigo Marz - No HooX

Aug 4, 2011
    United States
    Funcoland
    Copied my saves over to a new sd card, saves arent loading up in checkpoint tho

6. Akira

Akira I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!

Apr 28, 2013
    United States
    Does this work on firmware 7.x?

7. thuggothic

thuggothic Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2018
    United States
    7 and 8

8. Rotex

Rotex Newbie

Newcomer
    May 7, 2019
    United States
    Thanks so much this, it works great!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Yes, this is included in the Atmosphere launcher, it works well~

9. henryzusa

henryzusa Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2019
    Mexico
    I have a question.
    I'm planning to inject a dumped BOTW save into my vanilla Switch via Checkpoint.
    After that I'm planning to stop using CFW.
    Can I simply go back to OFW and connect online as if nothing had happened? Or should I do something special to avoid ban hammer?

10. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    You will get ban.

11. henryzusa

henryzusa Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2019
    Mexico
    Really?
    Damn. How could I overcome that?
    I thought emulation and piracy were the ones causing ban.

12. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    For using CFW to transfer the save, you will get ban once you go online.

13. PedroKeitawa

PedroKeitawa GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 15, 2015
    Italy
    I don't know how many pepole have got this problem, probably only me, but i ask. There is a reason why Checkpoint on the 3DS make the save file for Rusty Real Deal Baseball and Darumeshi Supōtsu-ten (the last one is basicly the japanese version of Rusty) "curropted"? What i mean by this is i make a save file backup, then try to restore the file. All go right untill i start the game, the game inform me that the save file is curropted and force me to restart from zero. But nothing in the backup/restoring process go wrong.

14. RedHunter

RedHunter GBAtemp Fan

Dec 12, 2014
    Italy
    Is this the only one app to backup saves on Switch?
    Unfortunately it didn't backup properly some of my games so I've lost my progress :-/

15. Elliander

Elliander GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 16, 2011
    United States
    Illinois
    I encountered a problem with one game : "Minecraft - Nintendo Switch Edition" (not Bedrock edition for Switch, haven't tried that with checkpoint yet)

I backed up my save on an SXOS emuNAND using checkpoint, created a new emuNAND, and then restored the save using checkpoint.

The problem : While the worlds did restore with all block positions, all items in all chests in the world were empty - whether created by me or part of a dungeon. All villagers were gone (which is the first thing I noticed because I had a people zoo). All worn equipment was gone, but items in inventory that wasn't worn was still present.

I have the original emuNAND backed up so I could try using checkpoint on it again later if this problem is fixed.

EDIT: This problem is not present in the bedrock edition for Nintendo Switch, but it would suck to have to use that version. I went back into the old emuNAND, opened the Bedrock edition, selected to sync old world (to import from the Nintendo Switch edition) and then used checkpoint to backup the bedrock edition. Then I went back to the new emuNAND, restored from checkpoint, and all the items appear to be present in all chests. Of note, however, is that after restoring the save file is around 10 MB less, so some data must be lost somewhere, just don't know what's different yet.

Last edited by Elliander, Jun 22, 2019
  16. Tere Valentin

Tere Valentin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Is there a way to transfer saves from one account to another?
    Because of account linking problem from some games, I had to use Kefir, but now my backup saves are in this "nameless" account that Kefir created.

17. Andersun

Andersun Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2018
    United States
    I tried installing on my 3DS and after i install it via FBI nothing happens, there's no new icon on the menu or any sort of error code, what exactly am i doing wrong? I have enough free space and i'm able to install other CIAs.
    EDIT: Nevermind, fixed it.

Last edited by Andersun, Jun 25, 2019
  18. soaresden

soaresden GBAtemp Regular

Dec 16, 2013
    France
    I love checkpoint but, everyone must admit that the combo "titleid - Titlename" is a real pain when comes the time to find it on explorer.

Could it be possible to let user choose at least "titlename - title id" to find it quicker ?

19. Leonxandergun

Leonxandergun Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2019
    Italy
    Ok noob question here: how to install it? Do I have to put the file from "C:\Users\XXXX\Desktop\Checkpoint-master\switch" to the switch folder in atmosphere or does it come already installed in the new version for firmware 8.1? Sorry for this stupid question but I don't want to make mistakes when it comes to cfw and custom apps.
    EDIT: ok i maneged to find out the problem: I'm dumb and I downloaded the wrong folder, ops

Last edited by Leonxandergun, Jul 6, 2019
  20. shantaelover69420

shantaelover69420 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2018
    United States
    Blue Mementos
    Is there a way to edit Switch save data backups from a micro sd on PC? I got wifi banned on my switch so I was wondering if my friends who have the game on a non banned system can trade with me without getting banned themselves.