ROM Hack [Release] Checkpoint, a fast and simple save manager for 3DS and Switch

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I may miss it but how do you install checkpoint? Is there a video on how to install it? I do have the hbl on my switch

Yeah this is what I'm trying to figure out lol, I have absolutely no clue what to do

You put the nro in a folder called checkpoint in SD:/switch

Just like Wii homebrew, there's no installation as such.

Last edited by Nollog,

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Just a quick question, what's the best route to transfer saves from switch to PC? I tried FTPD and for some reason the saves error when being transferred, FireEmblemWarriors save file is 94KB but when transferring it errors at 64kb and assumes that's the file size and constantly wants to overwrite, any solution that involves not having me to turn off the Switch and remove the SD card?

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Just a quick question, what's the best route to transfer saves from switch to PC? I tried FTPD and for some reason the saves error when being transferred, FireEmblemWarriors save file is 94KB but when transferring it errors at 64kb and assumes that's the file size and constantly wants to overwrite, any solution that involves not having me to turn off the Switch and remove the SD card?

Use 'memloader' payload which allows you to access your SD card within the Switch itself. I cannot stress it enough, removing and reinserting the fragile SD card will eventually break it (learnt my lesson with my 64 GB).
Get the payload and necessary files to put on the SD. Go in RCM, inject the payload, select SD access (third option down) press power and voilà!
Look it up for more details.

Reactions: Misledz

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Use 'memloader' payload which allows you to access your SD card within the Switch itself. I cannot stress it enough, removing and reinserting the fragile SD card will eventually break it (learnt my lesson with my 64 GB).
Get the payload and necessary files to put on the SD. Go in RCM, inject the payload, select SD access (third option down) press power and voilà!
Look it up for more details.
You're a star, literally. Was hoping there was a homebrew app for it just so I wouldnt have to go through the trouble of using a foil to get it into RCM every single time. Oh well. Perks of being on 5.1.0

Reactions: Endlessclouds

EventAssistant

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
3.3.0 released! https://github.com/BernardoGiordano/Checkpoint/releases/tag/v3.3.0

kBqpVbg.jpg

thequickbrownfox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have a problem, Chechpoint doesn't show any saves.
It lists all titles correctly (even those uninstalled), but table supposed to show save list for selected title is empty and only shows "New" for every title.
Am I doing something wrong? :/

Checkpoint 3.3.0
NS 5.1.0
Hekate CTCaer 2.3

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Did you save anything beforehand?
Checkpoint fetches your saves from the internal memory but you'll have to do it manually.
When you open it, it just creates folder of all save games you have without the saves in them.

I have a problem, Chechpoint doesn't show any saves.
It lists all titles correctly (even those uninstalled), but table supposed to show save list for selected title is empty and only shows "New" for every title.
Am I doing something wrong? :/

Checkpoint 3.3.0
NS 5.1.0
Hekate CTCaer 2.3

Reactions: thequickbrownfox

StickIt2Ya77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 save disappears after reinjecting.

Going to title menu of XC2 just shows the option for New Game, not Continue - as it should.

Switch is on 5.1.0

XC2 is on 1.50

Checkpoint is on 3.3 (also tried 3.2)

I've tried injecting both unedited saves and edited saves.

Any ideas? I lost close to 50 hours, and another with about 5 hours. I'm starting to go crazy!

EventAssistant

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Going to title menu of XC2 just shows the option for New Game, not Continue - as it should.

Switch is on 5.1.0

XC2 is on 1.50

Any ideas? I lost close to 50 hours, and another with about 5 hours. I'm starting to go crazy!
Reinjecting what?

StickIt2Ya77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, where did you get that save? Backed up thoruhg Checkpoint? Edited? Downloaded from the internet?

Backed up through checkpoint. Tried my original save ~50hrs in. Tried a new save about 2hrs in.
I edited the saves, restored them - no save data in XC2.
Tried restoring my backups that I made copies of on my desktop and additional slot in Checkpoint - no save data in XC2.

Saves both edited and unedited worked fine for BotW, so Checkpoint looks like it is setup properly.

kamo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy

Switch is on 5.1.0

XC2 is on 1.50

I got exactly the same problem but with Mario & Rabbids ;(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse