1. DavidinCT

DavidinCT Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    My Switch strangely lost all my save games... so I went back to my last SD card and the saves were there. So I used Checkpoint and backed them up, and moved them to check point folder on the newer SD to try to restore them. When I boot up with the newer SD it does not show the restores.

How to I move these saves to my NEWER (larger) SD card from the smaller one ?

Please give me some ideas here, I have over 25 hours in games and really don't want to start over...

2. rubinorosso93

rubinorosso93 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    guys updating fw and atmosphere the hours time played for game in checkpoint info is disappeared, only for me?

[

Last edited by rubinorosso93, Jul 17, 2020
  3. nosekefik

nosekefik Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    Is on your roadmap add google drive or another cloud support?
    Will be fantastic

4. Shoruk3n

Shoruk3n GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm having this issue as well, none of the inputs work other than touchscreen. I cannot backup my saves :(

Last edited by Shoruk3n, Jul 18, 2020
  5. MomZo

MomZo Advanced Member
    Newcomer

France
    You can now use Tinfoil to backup/restore your game saves.
    It is working well on SX OS 3.0.3 and FW 10.0.4

6. sudeki300

sudeki300 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

having trouble restoring mario odyssey save, it says restored but nothing is there when launching the game, atmosphere 0.13.0 / OFW 10.4. is it lost or can i restore some other way. thanks

7. Advanced User

Advanced User Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Any word when we'll see the next release? It's been 9 months, and there have been some cool changes in the meantime, like sorting games by most recently played, a feature I'd love to use.

Thanks!

8. richardyiu

richardyiu Newbie
    Newcomer

Hong Kong
    I am using ams 14 / ofw 10.0. I have the same problem with you guys that touching the backup button doesn't work so I go to deepsea toolbox and reboot. Now all my games seem to be disappear and i have to reinstall games again. Anyone has the same issue?

9. Elliander

Elliander GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    It would be a good idea to point out that the developers of Checkpoint don't like SXOS and, to that end, made design choices that had the effect of making it unusuable on SXOS.

As of Checkpoint 3.2.0 it no longer would work properly on SXOS, only allowing the first 20 games to be backed up. As of 3.2.4 controller input was unresponsive entirely. As of 3.5.0 it caused system crashes. Using older versions of Checkpoint worked until around 9.x after which point Checkpoint ceases to be a viable option. Anyone who was relying on Checkpoint will have already encountered problems and risk loss of everything if they continue to use Checkpoint.

This is concerning because, rather than forcing everyone to use Atmosphere like they appear to want, it just fractured the save backup scene. Now SXOS has it's own "SX Save Manager" which will go it's direction while Checkpoint will go in a different direction entirely. That means we'll soon see incompatibility in save editors and an impossibility in migrating from one OS to the other - so even if someone wanted to switch to Atmosphere they probably won't be able to anymore. Unless, of course, either Checkpoint or SX decides to support the saves of the other group.

Regardless of how anyone feels about one OS or another, that's not a good development. Combine with the fact that Checkpoint appears to have stopped development entirely and it's going to be even worse.

As a side note, I'm curious: To those of you who are capable of using both SX Save Manager and Checkpoint, are the saves interchangeable at this point at least?

Yes, unfortunately, that will never be fixed. I reported that issue as an SXOS user and they blamed SXOS rather than considering that it may have been a problem with their software. It doesn't surprise me that atmosphere users are affected.

For SXOS users with this issue: If you have a backup of an emuNAND older than 9x and can find a version of Checkpoint older than 3.2.0 you should be able to restore your saves that way and then could use SX Save Manager to create new backups that will work on the latest firmware.

Unfortunately, since you can't restore games via Checkpoint that didn't already create a save you won't be able to use this trick on any game that doesn't work on Switch FW 8.x

I like to create a backup of my emuNAND every time I update and I save those backups so I can roll back if I ever need to.

If you are on SXOS, don't bother. It no longer works. When it did work, however, you would have gone to Homebrew Launcher and selected the NSP and then open it. No install required.

and that was the beginning of the end for Checkpoint...

Last edited by Elliander, Sep 4, 2020
    ber71 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Checkpoint, [Release], manager