Hacking Release - cearp's MEGA Dump - ALL JPN GAME UPDATES (as of 2014-11-15)

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
YOU WILL NOT FIND THE LINKS HERE!
you might be able to find them on some '3ds iso' site - in the CIA downloads area. - just a guess.

--------------------------
Ok, here is my dump of all the Japanese eshop game updates, as of 2014-11-15.
There are 127 updates in total.
These are all of the game updates. Only games - this does NOT include application updates, such as flipnote(うごくメモ帳) etc.

These are not region patched - they will work on any region 3ds using GW, but not using the leaked 4.5 cfw.
(The cia can be patched but... the cfw should be patched for region free. If many people need region patched ones maybe I can get these patched, but I do not think it is very important now)
If you are on GW, you are ok, do not worry.

None of these have been tested. These were built with my custom script to build the cia automatically, from giving the sd card of the 3ds with the xorpads.
It took a few hours to get all the updates, 30 minutes to generate the xorpads, and only 2 minutes to build all 127 cias
Please let me know if anything works or doesn't work.

I have to thank riku and friendsxix on gbatemp for their help and information about 3ds stuff, and also: neimod for ctrtool, Alex Marshall for 3dstmd, and some guys at ##c freenode irc. Without their tools/source to butcher and implement in my script, it would have taken FAR FAR longer than 2 minutes to build all 127 cia files.

----------
The updates are named from the product id of the game. For example, Mario Kart 7's code is AMKJ. The cia to install is CTR-U-AMKJ.cia
You can find the code of your game using 3ds.essh.co, under the 'serial'.
Not all games have been dumped, so some games and codes you will not be able to find using 3ds.essh.co
Or, you can also look at your game cart, it is printed on it!

Also, if it is a retail game you can type the code in here to see what game it is - http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/abcd/
If it is an eshop game, use this link - http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/eshop/abcd/
Make sure you use small letters for those links, not CAPITALS [IMG] - Maybe the links do not work for all games... not too sure.

If I find a quick easy way to give the cia file the real name of the game, I will rename them and reupload.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Share the scripts? This way maybe someone can perform a mass dump of EUR and US updates.

someone has already done the EUR updates. the usa can't have that many updates either, EUR only has like 20, less than 40 max.
these can be done manually, it wouldn't be so bad - but for 127 in the jp shop i didn't want to become super bored.
i made a bash script, that calls custom programs i compiled for osx. as it is the script only works for updates, it's very specific to my needs really, sorry. if you still want it then sure i can share.

It displayed correctly in my Firefox.

it fixed it now, i think the problem was from where i copied it, the text was set as black, so i guess if you are on a dark theme you would not see the text

KennyMckormick

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
someone has already done the EUR updates. the usa can't have that many updates either, EUR only has like 20, less than 40 max.
these can be done manually, it wouldn't be so bad - but for 127 in the jp shop i didn't want to become super bored.
i made a bash script, that calls custom programs i compiled for osx. as it is the script only works for updates, it's very specific to my needs really, sorry. if you still want it then sure i can share

Just saw the EUR updates thread. We're just missing a US thread. If GW works like it does right now on the N3ds, I'll be importing a AU N3ds and that means I would need some US updates. Would be great if you could share the script.

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it fixed it now, i think the problem was from where i copied it, the text was set as black, so i guess if you are on a dark theme you would not see the text
I meant that it already displayed correctly for me before you edited your post.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Just saw the EUR updates thread. We're just missing a US thread. If GW works like it does right now on the N3ds, I'll be importing a AU N3ds and that means I would need some US updates. Would be great if you could share the script.

pretty sure you won't be able to install any cias on the n3ds when gw release their new update, at least for a while. i'm pretty sure it's roms only.
if anyone wants me to build the usa updates, they can send me the files and their xorpads, it woudl be a lot easier than trying to use my bash script on their system :) unless they are on a mac and have my custom programs
I meant that it already displayed correctly for me before you edited your post.
maybe your theme isn't dark?

anyway, enough about text color, tell me if any of these don't work, tell me if they do work, etc :) you can pm me if you need help

Reactions: Margen67

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I second this. It must have taking quite a while to download 127 updates. Thumbs up!

Just asking, are you planning to do application updates in the future?

well application updates are trickier, you can't (at least i couldn't) just make them all appear in the shop to download one by one.
with flipnote i had to find a qr code that nintendo made, that directed me to the update listing so that i can download it. i don't know if there is any other way to get that update.

but, if it is possible to get, i can get it. just let me know what application updates you want :) there aren't many app updates etc, it should be ok.

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well application updates are trickier, you can't (at least i couldn't) just make them all appear in the shop to download one by one.
with flipnote i had to find a qr code that nintendo made, that directed me to the update listing so that i can download it. i don't know if there is any other way to get that update.

but, if it is possible to get, i can get it. just let me know what application updates you want :) there aren't many app updates etc, it should be ok.
Thank you, but I don't really need any app updates in particular :D

I was more wondering if you were planning to do them for the sake of completeness and preservation. But I see how that might be a bit complicated, what with the updates being hidden and all :P

Oh well. No biggie. Not like I'm planning to use any Japanese apps in the foreseeable future.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Thank you, but I don't really need any app updates in particular :D

I was more wondering if you were planning to do them for the sake of completeness and preservation. But I see how that might be a bit complicated, what with the updates being hidden and all :P

Oh well. No biggie. Not like I'm planning to use any Japanese apps in the foreseeable future.

i'll get them :)

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Great job Cearp.

Must have taken a long time to do all this. Its all seriously appreciated.

the hours spent are like this:
time spent making tools to automate everything > time spent downloading updates > time spent generating xorpads > time generating cia files :)

making it automated took me about two days of playing around to do, i have never really used bash before, i was not in a rush. i would rather spend a long time to do that and make something cool as a learning experience, then do something mindless like doing all 127 updates 'by hand' :)

Jockel

This is where you're wrong, kiddo
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I got super excited thinking all of the Japanese eShop games had been dumped. My reading comprehension sucks.
Alas, the wait for Outrun 3D and Fantasy Zone 3D continues...

Reactions: Margen67 and cearp

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I got super excited thinking all of the Japanese eShop games had been dumped. My reading comprehension sucks.
Alas, the wait for Outrun 3D and Fantasy Zone 3D continues...

are they jp exclusive? or just want the jpn version or something? if you are SUPER desperate, and would pay for them but can't because you don't have a jp 3ds, we can arrange something if you want... :)

Jockel

This is where you're wrong, kiddo
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
are they jp exclusive? or just want the jpn version or something? if you are SUPER desperate, and would pay for them but can't because you don't have a jp 3ds, we can arrange something if you want... :)

I'm not desperate to pirate them, I literally want to buy them and can't. Shoot me your paypal through PM and how much you need, fine Sir.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1