ROM Hack [Release] CDN-FX - The ultimate eShop Content Downloader!

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
Freeshop was taken down because it used the "Nintendo" logo when launching the application. This was a single change on the rsf file. This was shortly after also changed for FBI (although it then got the animation as we have now) and some other applications.

That is to say, Freeshop wasn't taken down for piracy but for using copyrighted Nintendo splash screen.
The splash screen was just part of it. It was taken down because its indended use is piracy. The lack of title keys being included is a flimsy argument at best.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
@Madridi At least I convinced him to undo the activation lock. The program should work again.
Thanks for this. While the program does work again, a proper removal of the activation is still needed. We would appreciate if he would release a final version that does not have any activation crap coded in.

Ptrk25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
CDN-FX will be not maintained anymore. I decided to cancel this project. There will no CDN-FX 3.0.
I apologize that I temporary removed the downloadlinks and all my repositories (and deactivated CDN-FX).
I was in panic because of the DCMA of freeShop.

You can still use CDN-FX, but don't expect any new version from me anymore.

However thanks to @Execyute I decided to remove the activation lock and brought back the download links.

Thanks to everyone who helpt me to realize this project:
Thank you for testing and finding all the bugs and giving me awsome ideas!
And for providing the community database.

Ptrk25

Last edited by Ptrk25,

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
CDN-FX will be not maintained anymory. I decided to cancel this project. There will no CDN-FX 3.0.
Many thanks for all your work creating and maintaining this app up until now. Also many thanks for making it open source.

Assuming the repositories are up to date (I haven't checked), hopefully another coder can take over. So although CDN-FX 3 won't be released by you, maybe it will by someone else.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Update released!

Version pre-2.02

Changelog:
  • Revert functions to CDN-FX version pre-2.02
  • Needs icon.key again
  • Removed activation lock
In order to update just open CDN-FX.jar and follow the update instructions in CDN-FX.

(Downloadlinks back)

Ptrk25
CDN-FX will be not maintained anymore. I decided to cancel this project. There will no CDN-FX 3.0.
I apologize that I temporary removed the downloadlinks and all my repositories (and deactivated CDN-FX).
I was in panic because of the DCMA of freeShop.

You can still use CDN-FX, but don't expect any new version from me anymore.

However thanks to @Execyute I decided to remove the activation lock and brought back the download links.

Thanks to everyone who helpt me to realize this project:
Thank you for testing and finding all the bugs and giving me awsome ideas!
And for providing the community database.

Ptrk25
Thanks for getting back to us. In my opinion, you are blowing this way out of proportion, and really went overboard with everything.
Regardless of everything, I really think you should've at least showed some respect to the testers who were always available when you needed them.

In any case, I'm not here to tell you how you feel, and you can do whatever you want. I'll only be speaking about CDN-FX

First of all, I'll not forget that you were the coder behind this program, and that without you, we wouldn't have had a good product. I'm not ungrateful. So I wanted my thanks to you to be on the top of the list.

Second, thanks for posting an update that removes the activation lock, but sorry, it's a half-asses job.. Instead of removing the activation lock, you reverted back to a version that never had it.. Why? 2.1 is the best. How hard is it to just remove the activation instead of reverting and telling the server to which version to point to?

In light of this, I feel it's better to share this version:
https://mega.nz/#!SUtGEC4Z!kyfo3psNjk1YNWDB9ooR6cla5XQwaLjZOedsbwK4oW8
This is:
- v2.1
- Without the activation lock
- Without an update nag to revert every time you run the program.

To be clear, the code for the last 2 are still present, but messed up so that those functions are bypassed. We do hope that there is at least a proper update completely removing the 2 (yes, even the update function since the project is canceled, same goes for community.xml and anything else it might be downloading) so we can put this project to rest. Credits go to @Rohul1997 for toying with this.

Finally, my thanks to @Execyute for sharing the sources. At least we have something now as a back up, and who knows, maybe (and hopefully) someone would take over someday. If not, I'm personally am satisfied with the product we currently have.

Reactions: Rohul1997

Ptrk25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for getting back to us. In my opinion, you are blowing this way out of proportion, and really went overboard with everything.
Regardless of everything, I really think you should've at least showed some respect to the testers who were always available when you needed them.

In any case, I'm not here to tell you how you feel, and you can do whatever you want. I'll only be speaking about CDN-FX

First of all, I'll not forget that you were the coder behind this program, and that without you, we wouldn't have had a good product. I'm not ungrateful. So I wanted my thanks to you to be on the top of the list.

Second, thanks for posting an update that removes the activation lock, but sorry, it's a half-asses job.. Instead of removing the activation lock, you reverted back to a version that never had it.. Why? 2.1 is the best. How hard is it to just remove the activation instead of reverting and telling the server to which version to point to?

In light of this, I feel it's better to share this version:
https://mega.nz/#!SUtGEC4Z!kyfo3psNjk1YNWDB9ooR6cla5XQwaLjZOedsbwK4oW8
This is:
- v2.1
- Without the activation lock
- Without an update nag to revert every time you run the program.

To be clear, the code for the last 2 are still present, but messed up so that those functions are bypassed. We do hope that there is at least a proper update completely removing the 2 (yes, even the update function since the project is canceled, same goes for community.xml and anything else it might be downloading) so we can put this project to rest. Credits go to @Rohul1997 for toying with this.

Finally, my thanks to @Execyute for sharing the sources. At least we have something now as a back up, and who knows, maybe (and hopefully) someone would take over someday. If not, I'm personally am satisfied with the product we currently have.

Okay first of all I want to apologise, that everything happened what happened to the last two days. I think I cannot longer maintain this project and I shouldn't have implement the activation code.

To my testers:

I also apologise that I close the Discord Channel without any warning. You did a great job and I behaved wrong.

The reason why I only reverted it to pre-2.02 is that I unfortunately I didn't had the source for 2.1 anymore. I could decompile the jar, but I'll make that tomorrow to deliver a proper update (dev-2.2 with will contain last positive surprise for you).

(Btw it would be nice if you could me an invitation link via pm for discord @Madridi , I left the server)

Ptrk25

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Okay first of all I want to apologise, that everything happened what happened to the last two days. I think I cannot longer maintain this project and I shouldn't have implement the activation code.

To my testers:

I also apologise that I close the Discord Channel without any warning. You did a great job and I behaved wrong.

The reason why I only reverted it to pre-2.02 is that I unfortunately I didn't had the source for 2.1 anymore. I could decompile the jar, but I'll make that tomorrow to deliver a proper update (dev-2.2 with will contain last positive surprise for you).

(Btw it would be nice if you could me an invitation link via pm for discord @Madridi , I left the server)

Ptrk25
Not being able to maintain the project is one thing. Locking it is a totally different thing. But you're admitting that it was a mistake to implement that to begin with so I'll leave it at that.

I personally hold no remorse. All I really wanted was a sincere apology and probably to understand what had happened, and I got both of those. Good luck with future projects.

Yeah, I assume you could just decompile the jar, and a proper and final update is needed to be honest. If this project is going to be canceled, then a lot of loose ends need to be tied up (such as the removal of anything that gets updated, with exception to 3dsdb.xml).. Any additional features are welcome but don't feel obligated if you are over this program. The main point is to get this to a proper state

Not sure an invitation to what? Chaos channel? You'll find the invitation link on chaos website front page. If you're talking about an invitation to the cdn-fx channel, well, as you know, it doesn't exist so..

Ptrk25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Last update ever released!

Version dev-2.2

Changelog:

• [Bugfix] Titledownloader [Manual] now ask for an output path
  • [make_cdn_cia] x32 and x64 version added
  • [XMLHandler] 3DSDB support added
  • Updater removed
  • Activation lock removed
Please notice since the updater is removed, there is no possible way to receive updates via CDN-FX. If there is any new version of CDN-FX from another developer, you will have to download it manually.

This update can be downloaded via the downloadlink in the first post or via the updater in CDN-FX.

Ptrk25

Last edited by Ptrk25,

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
So I understand version 3 is written in C# rather than Java. Anyone know how complete or "release ready" v3 is?
The layout and all that is pretty much complete. The most important function is missing: The ability to actually download something

chaos blast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
could you make a Mac version? i can open the jar just fine but i can't select the bin or any folder (when i press the open button nothing happen, and select button in the setting too)

Belickade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What version of Java 8 is required to run this? I tried with 2 different versions and both of them refuse to run it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.