VERSION 2.0 RELEASED!
Button Test v2.0 has been released!
Some screenshots:

scr_9_TOP_LEFT.png

scr_9_BOTTOM.png

scr_6_TOP_RIGHT.png

scr_7_BOTTOM.png
v2.0:
  • Temporarily removed support for N3DS buttons.
  • Added GUI
  • smdh information works properly
Credits:
@blujay for code
@HuseyinDerMachtige for D-Pad image
@xerpi for sf2d and sfil

Now, before you start telling me this is worthless because it doesn't do a whole lot of functions, I just want to make sure everybody knows that this is my first piece of homebrew I have created. shocker. Well, I guess I have made others but this is my only public release so far.

It is very, very simple. Based off of the devkitPro application template, this really is nothing special.

Anyways, here is what it does:

MSk8ZCd.png

You press a button and it tells you the button you pressed and if it works or not.

Source (Github): https://github.com/blu-jay/button-test

credits:

me - Source
devKitPro - Application template

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

OP
Now, before you start telling me this is worthless because it doesn't do a whole lot of functions, I just want to make sure everybody knows that this is my first piece of homebrew I have created. shocker. Well, I guess I have made others but this is my only public release so far.

It is very, very simple. Based off of the devkitPro application template, this really is nothing special.

Anyways, here is what it does:

MSk8ZCd.png

You press a button and it tells you the button you pressed and if it works or not.

Source (Github): https://github.com/blu-jay/button-test

credits:

me - Source
devKitPro - Application template

I know it isn't much, but good job on it anyways. Ya gotta crawl before you can learn to walk. Or something.

Reactions: renhei and scionae

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Actually this tool is really good to try out after doing a repair. Hey blujay, thinking about building a complete "hardware testing" tool? Because I think the community lacks one.

The 3DSident code might be of help if you wish to do such a project.

D

Deleted User

OP
Actually this tool is really good to try out after doing a repair. Hey blujay, thinking about building a complete "hardware testing" tool? Because I think the community lacks one.

The 3DSident code might be of help if you wish to do such a project.
Like add:
  • 3D Testing
  • Touch Screen testing
  • Sound testing
  • Mic testing
  • Card slot testing
  • etc.
I'd be willing to do that

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm still working on it, but there's always this if you need help https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-un-official-3ds-homebrew-development-guide.430034/
Thanks!

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Like add:
  • 3D Testing
  • Touch Screen testing
  • Sound testing
  • Mic testing
  • Card slot testing
  • etc.
I'd be willing to do that
Exactly! That would be great for hardware repairers (and DIYers) and hell, just "hmm not sure if this and that is working" and users can ask them to use that tool. If even possible, it would be great to do a test on the sdcards so they aren't corrupt :)

D

Deleted User

OP
Exactly! That would be great for hardware repairers (and DIYers) and hell, just "hmm not sure if this and that is working" and users can ask them to use that tool. If even possible, it would be great to do a test on the sdcards so they aren't corrupt :)
I could look into that. I want to get the GUI setup first.

Reactions: linuxares
D

Deleted User

OP
Of course, I was more throwing the idea out there. Since you already seem to doing something like this already, I just got curious.
Glad to see an idea like yours crop up from what I thought would be completely ignored

Thanks for taking a look at the app and I will make sure to start incorporating that

Reactions: linuxares

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Le youtube face.