Homebrew [release] basicSNESinjector - inject SNES roms into the official VC emulator

KapuDaKoopa

That One Splatoon Dataminer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you

THANK YOU

Time to test this out!

EDIT: Does anyone have the official SNES VC jingle with the coin sfx? I would like to use that for a more official look and feel.

Last edited by KapuDaKoopa,

KapuDaKoopa

That One Splatoon Dataminer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so after injecting a ROM I have two issues

1. The default banner.wav should be the official

2. The banner you make should be injected into the image of the TV screen like on official SNES VC.

Other than that, the tool works fine!

cots

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so after injecting a ROM I have two issues

1. The default banner.wav should be the official

2. The banner you make should be injected into the image of the TV screen like on official SNES VC.

Other than that, the tool works fine!

Okay, I'll look into this.

dubyadud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by dubyadud,

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know this will sound sac religious in here since everyone loves having perfect pixels and stuff, but would it be possible to make these full screen? As in stretched to fit the screen.

cots

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this will sound sac religious in here since everyone loves having perfect pixels and stuff, but would it be possible to make these full screen? As in stretched to fit the screen.

Not that I know of. If a method comes out I'll implement it.

Reactions: 4gionz

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for putting this together. I've used it to make cias of quite a few romhacks and translations and it works excellently.

Personally I prefer the straight 2D banner to the official 3D VC ones so if it's at all possible to toggle between the two in a future update that would be great. In my case it would be a shame to lose all that banner real estate for the sake of having legit-looking installs.

I have found one specific issue though: Super Aleste has poor to terrible sound - particularly in the way the bass drum is synthesised. It's enough to make it unplayable and none of the Super Aleste / Space Megaforce roms (US, JPN and patched BS versions) used suffer this on various emulators, and switching the base SNES VC cia up makes no difference to the end result either.

After testing all the variables I can, I have to conclude that Super Aleste just isn't as compatible with the official emulator as everything else I've tested and got running - which makes me smile in a way because I've always maintained that a shooter of that calibre shouldn't really be compatible with the Snes in the first place :)

Last edited by SG6000,
Reactions: cots

cots

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great work, im assuming not everything works and you need a bigger base rom the same type as injectee?

A while back I made a Wii U SNES injection guide and did some testing on how it worked, here is my results:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sDcj4nhB7u9y7ZbFNjbXfrqa3BSj09zMVueHApMH6lc/edit?usp=sharing

Im sure you could make something very similar/use the same sheet and do further testing. Since you wrote to program though, maybe its useless to you.

Not every ROM is supported. Take for example games that use special chips like the SuperFX chip. The ROM size doesn't matter, but large ROMS ( >= 32Mbit) don't seem to be compatible with a few exceptions.

cots

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've uploaded a new version of the injector that supports 3D banners. Edit the files in \banner2\ and then press "B" from the menu to toggle normal or 3d banner injection! Enjoy!

@KapuDaKoopa - I published your requests. The 3D banner and sound are now there!

Reactions: angelhp

cots

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New Version Released in OP

What's New?

v0.3b - Added the Ability to Edit the Game Name & Description