Homebrew [release] basicSNESinjector - inject SNES roms into the official VC emulator

cots

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there anyway at all to have a full screen 16:9 snes game,without having to go into a emulator first aka a shortcut cia for the game

Unless some hack is found this is not possible.

I'm not sure for SNES, but it's pretty easy for NES, GB and GBC.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hopefully when @Asdolo releases his Ultimate SNES VC Injector for 3DS it may fix this issue. Or probably when this tool will be updated soon.

Sound support is hard coded into the emulator - it's beyond the scope of what an injector can do.

Reactions: CatmanFan

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Uh, Brutal Mario World and Windows Mario World when injected freeze on a black screen (before the "Preparing to start game" message or VC Menu) right after the 3DS loading screen when I try to load them.

Also @cots can you add multilanguage VC banner support and possibly some bugfixes in the future?

Last edited by CatmanFan,

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
OK, sorry for double-posting, but I learned that the sound bug wasn't a problem with the injector, it was a problem with the CIA. I was using an injected CIA by the time, and now I'm using Earthbound (EUR) which fixes any sound issues so far. Also the black screen freeze bug was a problem with the CIA as well, and Earthbound (EUR) fixes that as well. :)

cots

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh, Brutal Mario World and Windows Mario World when injected freeze on a black screen (before the "Preparing to start game" message or VC Menu) right after the 3DS loading screen when I try to load them.

Also @cots can you add multilanguage VC banner support and possibly some bugfixes in the future?

The Super NES banner supports multi-language while the other two are Region Free. Is that what you meant? Also, what bugs need fixing?

OK, sorry for double-posting, but I learned that the sound bug wasn't a problem with the injector, it was a problem with the CIA. I was using an injected CIA by the time, and now I'm using Earthbound (EUR) which fixes any sound issues so far. Also the black screen freeze bug was a problem with the CIA as well, and Earthbound (EUR) fixes that as well. :)

Good to know! This is exactly why I have you provide a "source" ROM instead of bundling the emulator code into the injector.

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
The Super NES banner supports multi-language while the other two are Region Free. Is that what you meant? Also, what bugs need fixing?

Good to know! This is exactly why I have you provide a "source" ROM instead of bundling the emulator code into the injector.
Never mind about the bugs, because I used another CIA (Earthbound EUR) to fix these bugs.

Also, what I meant is a multilingual release date text (e.g. "Released:" for English, "Publié en" for French, etc.)

vebririon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi there

sorry, i'mp pretty noob with injection, what am i suposed to write on the "imput the name of your decrypted SNES VC CIA to uyse as a base" ?

i actually have some snes games installed as cia on my N3DSXL, they are all working correctly, but i've never build one by myself, maybe someone could help me with that first step please ?

ps : sorry if my english is poor, i'm french, did my best to let you understand me enought i hope ^^

Cralex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem. In order to create a SNES cia, basicSNESinjector needs to extract files from another SNES cia that already exists, either an official one from Nintendo or an injected one. When you first run basicSNESinjector, it will ask for a SNES cia, so just give it one of the cias that you used to install SNES games on your 3ds already. After that, you can inject SNES games as much as you want without it asking for a cia.

vebririon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
okay great, massive thanks for help !

i tried it, and sucessfully injected BS-Zelda MottZilla patch + a french patch added to the initial rom.smc, i can see the first screen with greetings to the french community who have translate it, but then it keep getting stuck on a black screen. My 3ds dont freeze, i can still go back to menu or try to use savestate, but i cant pass that first screen.

i tried the patch .smc file on an emulator and it works correctly, is this possible that rom aint able to be played or converted ? :(

here is the uploaded file with the patch applied if you wanna try maybe.

https://www.mediafire.com/?2p51kntcbjul7w4

again, thanks a lot for help !

cots

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay great, massive thanks for help !

i tried it, and sucessfully injected BS-Zelda MottZilla patch + a french patch added to the initial rom.smc, i can see the first screen with greetings to the french community who have translate it, but then it keep getting stuck on a black screen. My 3ds dont freeze, i can still go back to menu or try to use savestate, but i cant pass that first screen.

i tried the patch .smc file on an emulator and it works correctly, is this possible that rom aint able to be played or converted ? :(

here is the uploaded file with the patch applied if you wanna try maybe.

- snip -

again, thanks a lot for help !

Please don't post links to snes vc as this is against site rules. Other then that the emulator doesn't run every game so yours might just be incompatible.

Cralex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm no expert, but I'm guessing it's just not compatible with that game. The fact that it ran well enough to display a splash screen probably means that the injector was configured properly, but it couldn't run the game's actual content. You could try it without the French patch or with a version other than the MottZilla one, but I don't know if it would work.

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been able to inject Super NES games but neither the banner nor the screenshot will appear. I just get a blank "Custom Virtual Console" banner and a white screen. What specifically do I need to do to make this work? I've got a nifty banner for Gunman's Proof, set in the 3dbanner folder, but it won't take it, and it's driving me nuts!

Also, and this may already have been clear to others, trying to overclock the 3DS in the Luma3DS options screen actually makes Super NES games a lot slower. So don't do that.

EDIT: Any help? Please? I'd appreciate it!

Last edited by ArugulaZ,

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
I've been able to inject Super NES games but neither the banner nor the screenshot will appear. I just get a blank "Custom Virtual Console" banner and a white screen. What specifically do I need to do to make this work? I've got a nifty banner for Gunman's Proof, set in the 3dbanner folder, but it won't take it, and it's driving me nuts!

Also, and this may already have been clear to others, trying to overclock the 3DS in the Luma3DS options screen actually makes Super NES games a lot slower. So don't do that.

EDIT: Any help? Please? I'd appreciate it!
Are the files named as needed? The screenshot should be named "COMMON1", the icon should be named "icon", and the VC banner should be named "USA_EN2". Also, it's not "3dbanner", it's "banner3d".

If you have met all the requirements already, just try again from the injector. This is what I always do in case something goes wrong even if I do everything the right way :P

Also, I have Clock+L2 on my Luma3DS and Super NES games still run at full speed for me.

cots

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are the files named as needed? The screenshot should be named "COMMON1", the icon should be named "icon", and the VC banner should be named "USA_EN2". Also, it's not "3dbanner", it's "banner3d".

If you have met all the requirements already, just try again from the injector. This is what I always do in case something goes wrong even if I do everything the right way :P

Also, I have Clock+L2 on my Luma3DS and Super NES games still run at full speed for me.

Yes, you must have the correct graphical assets in the proper place. I also run Luma3DS with Clock+L2 and SNES works just fine.

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just had Clock turned on. Heard L2 can cause issues with some games, so I didn't turn that on. I went back to the default speed after I started having problems.

In any case, I'll try again. If I get the same errors, I'll post them here. Wish me luck.

EDIT: Changing the color depth to 8-bit seemed to do the trick. Thanks!

Last edited by ArugulaZ,

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
I just had Clock turned on. Heard L2 can cause issues with some games, so I didn't turn that on. I went back to the default speed after I started having problems.

In any case, I'll try again. If I get the same errors, I'll post them here. Wish me luck.

EDIT: Changing the color depth to 8-bit seemed to do the trick. Thanks!
I don't use 8-bit with my pictures, I use "Auto detect" in Paint.NET for the icon and screenshot and I just leave the settings by default on GIMP for the VC banner.

Also, good luck ;)

Laxoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please post a video tutorial for this or something? :( My injects always come out wrong, there's always banner/icon info missing or the titles aren't right...
also I don't know an easy way to make the text for my banner icons like am I expected to open photoshop and put the text in there? Is there an easier way? I don't get it :unsure:

photon_sky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this program hangs on "extracting data from raw contents ... contents .0000.6cc53b0c"

It's been like this for 20 minutes. I've retried to the same result.

Any fixes? Or does it take like an hour?

cots

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this program hangs on "extracting data from raw contents ... contents .0000.6cc53b0c"

It's been like this for 20 minutes. I've retried to the same result.

Any fixes? Or does it take like an hour?

It should take less then a minute. Possibly try another source CIA?

Reactions: photon_sky

photon_sky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should take less then a minute. Possibly try another source CIA?
Tried it with at least 4 other cias. I installed them prior to decrypting to make sure they were legit.
It just hangs there.
Like it'll go through four different strings of characters and stop.

Thanks for your swift response btw!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte