Translation [Release][Final] Nora and the Time Studio: The Witch of the Misty Forest - Translation Project

KGBEER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really, haven't worked on it lately
Nice it seems you have done an excellent job so far.
May I ask you about the translation progress?
I suppose if there's any unfinished translation, may be very little and the time necessary to finish it will be shorter than adding a new translator as it will be necessary to catch up with everything it has been done.
In any case if you need, I offer me to help you translating what still remains unfinished.
Maybe I won't be a great help but if I can at least speed up the beta/final release in anyway it will be worthy.

Please feel free to pm me, if you think I can help you somehow.

Last edited by KGBEER,

Darukeru

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Nice it seems you have done an excellent job so far.
May I ask you about the translation progress?
I suppose if there's any unfinished translation, may be very little and the time necessary to finish it will be shorter than adding a new translator as it will be necessary to keep up with everything it has been done.
In any case if you need, I offer me to help you translating what still remains unfinished.
Maybe I won't be a great help but if I can at least speed up the beta/final release in anyway it will be worthy.

Please feel free to pm me, if you think I can help you somehow.

As mentioned in this update https://gbatemp.net/index.php?posts/9492552
The only untranslated parts of the game are a few buttons and other graphical assets.
What I need is testing, as I don't have the time to do so.
There are several texts and character description that require to be shortened or split in lines, manually (not a lot, but a few dozens). If these texts overlap other elements, the game freezes. I need someone to play the game, and write down what they were doing when the game froze, so that I can replicate it and modify the translated scripts.
These require several hours of testing, given that every character unlocks different events and descriptions depending on their level.

I was programming a save editor, figured out how to edit items quantity and money, but I didn't continued the research. Could do in the future.

I have a 0.2b updated patch, is the one is sent to the beta testers some months back, but they never replied me back. If you're interested, I can send it to you

KGBEER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As mentioned in this update https://gbatemp.net/index.php?posts/9492552
The only untranslated parts of the game are a few buttons and other graphical assets.
What I need is testing, as I don't have the time to do so.
There are several texts and character description that require to be shortened or split in lines, manually (not a lot, but a few dozens). If these texts overlap other elements, the game freezes. I need someone to play the game, and write down what they were doing when the game froze, so that I can replicate it and modify the translated scripts.
These require several hours of testing, given that every character unlocks different events and descriptions depending on their level.

I was programming a save editor, figured out how to edit items quantity and money, but I didn't continued the research. Could do in the future.

I have a 0.2b updated patch, is the one is sent to the beta testers some months back, but they never replied me back. If you're interested, I can send it to you
Well tbh, I was more interested in translating so I could brush up my language skills a little bit. But I'll think about.
Are you using any method to perform a character count per line? and/or text block?
If not you should use at least a google sheet and paste the translated text there and have it counted and marked any above "x" limit.

Last edited by KGBEER,

Darukeru

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well tbh, I was more interested in translating so I could brush up my language skills a little bit. But I'll think about.
Are you using any method to perform a character count per line? and/or text block?
If not you should use at least a google sheet and paste the translated text there and have it counted and marked any above "x" limit.
Characters are counted correctly in the editor interface, no need to count the characters in any other tool.

Normal dialogs aren't a problem, these don't require much revisions in terms of words by line; yet there are some specific text blocks (long character and items descriptions) which are rendered on top of lines of irregular space, if they overlap just a little bit the other sprite, the game freezes. It's not just a matter of separating the words accordingly, sometimes some rewording is required to summarize the translation so that it fits in the reserved space (kanjis occupy much lees space).

v0.3a

Darukeru

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Project has reached version v0.3a. Latest build seems to be fully playable, at least on flashcarts and emulators (some persons had reported issues when using TwilightMenu++).

Several changes had been made mainly on the text scripts.
  • Character descriptions had been shortend to prevent game freezes.
  • A few typos and inconsistencies on the event script texts had been fixed.
  • Several item descriptions in item_book.dat had been corrected.
  • Several monster descriptions in monster_book.dat had been corrected and/or shortened.
Known issues:
  • The location descriptions shown at the bottom of the screen on the overworld map, aren't completely displayed. These requiere to be shortened, or some scroll over hack would be necessary.
  • The same thing described above, occurs when choosing an item during a battle.
  • I was able to remap the item indexes so that the alphabetical sorting worked correctly. Still so, I couldn't remove those ghost entries where the last kana rows were originally. Fixing this isn't necessary, but it's worth to be mentioned.
  • Probably something else, but I can't remember at the moment.
Will take these coming weeks to play the game myself and address any issues that may appear. If no critical problem arises, will release the next REV as an open beta (xdelta patch). If you can't or don't want to wait, clone my repo on gitlab and build the game yourself. Happy holidays and a wonderful 2022 for everyone. See ya'! 🎅

Edit: Check OP for some new screenshots.

Last edited by Darukeru,

Darukeru

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Cool. What's this game is all about? It looks like something akin to Atelier or Rhapsody
Yeah, it's very similar to some Atelier games. It's a small rpg were you kill monsters, complete requests, gather items, craft new items using magic, decorate your house, there are several pets, etc. It isn't that long, but has several ends.

Last edited by Darukeru,

BungeeCat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Project has reached version v0.3a. Latest build seems to be fully playable, at least on flashcarts and emulators (some persons had reported issues when using TwilightMenu++).

• Several monster descriptions in monster_book.dat had been corrected and/or shortened.
Known issues:
  • The location descriptions shown at the bottom of the screen on the overworld map, aren't completely displayed. These requiere to be shortened, or some scroll over hack would be necessary.
  • I was able to remap the item indexes so that the alphabetical sorting worked correctly. Still so, I couldn't remove those ghost entries where the last kana rows were originally. Fixing this isn't necessary, but it's worth to be mentioned.
Will take these coming weeks to play the game myself and address any issues that may appear. If no critical problem arises, will release the next REV as an open beta (xdelta patch). If you can't or don't want to wait, clone my repo on gitlab and build the game yourself. Happy holidays and a wonderful 2022 for everyone. See ya'! 🎅

Bro, thank you so much for all of your hardwork. This project means so much to me. 😊

Reactions: Darukeru

Kiichin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Known issues:

Nice!! Thanks man for all your hard work!

Happy holidays and a nice 2022 for you too!

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Project is at v0.3a, all of the changes are commited to the repo. I'll not release a new patch till version 0.3b, I prefer to do whatever necessary changes before releasing a new patch.

ooh this is amazing news <3 thank you so much for doing this - seriously T_T!!! i have been waiting for years since that one person tried to translate the game itself ;; O;;!!
seeing it being worked on makes my heart happy <3!!

also um i wanted to tell you this encase you didn't know about this; yandex has a feature in which you can translate images and pull the text out of the translated images text off of it - i just found out like late lol, so if you wanna upload any image that is in japanese, upload it then you will see an option on the right corner that appeared saying 'open as text' - click on it to go through the 'are you a robo' question to then get sent back to the yandex website and you will have the japanese text from the image itself, another thing i would also recommend using deepl - again this is encase you didn't know.

these two websites seriously helped me out understanding what the heck did the character state in my jap game that i've been playing xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.