1. Darukeru

OP Darukeru GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    Hey, thanks!
    Spread the word about the project haha
    It's comforting to see that more and more people are interested in the project; I'll try to continue posting updates regularly, just wouldn't like to spam the thread... probably a FB page or a Twitter account could be a better option to do this.

Regius likes this.
  2. Regius

Regius Newbie
    Newcomer

Japan
    Thank you for this! I've been wanting to play this game but I can't speak a lick of Japanese. Super looking forward to it and shared with friends!

If you need help with graphics editing I'd be willing to help too!

Last edited by Regius, Feb 11, 2021
    Darukeru likes this.
  3. Darukeru

Mexico
    Hey thank you, really appreciate it!

Nice, do you have experience editing graphics? At the moment I've some graphics that need some detailed editing as they contain some small fonts that require manual resizing; also some pixel art signboards and places names, as I mentioned in this post.

Last edited by Darukeru, Feb 12, 2021
    Regius likes this.
  4. Regius

Regius Newbie
    Newcomer

Japan
    I definitely can but idk if it is just my insomnia but I couldn't tell what the words are supposed to be translated to for editing?

5. Darukeru

Mexico
    That specific image text is translated as Southern Pasture

6. Regius

Regius Newbie
    Newcomer

Japan
    This is just me playing around but from what I can tell, that image specifically doesn't seem to be pixel art. Here's a crude attempt to emulate the AA effect it has while I was testing some fonts out (attached 6.zip which contains the PSD). Do you have an archive of all the Map Text so I can have a bigger pool on the general style of the font? Alternatively, I can try converting it on my copy of my rom so I don't have to bother you with images. I can export .nspcr and .NARC files but making them PNG is my only issue.

EDIT:
    Upon further investigation, it seems my hunch is correct. The colors are around 53 which shouldn't be that much if it's pixel art for a piece like this. So it means the map signboards should be a lot easier if we found a font that is stylistically similar with minor adjustments.
    2021-02-12_10-52-57.png

Attached Files:

• 6.zip
      File size:
      32.4 KB
      Views:
    Last edited by Regius, Feb 12, 2021
    Darukeru likes this.
  7. Darukeru

Mexico
    Ok, I can send you the other archives containing the rest of Texts, but I can't PM you, send me a message yourself; or if you prefer I can give you the list of .nspcr (compressed .narc files after removing the SOLCOMP header) files so you can extract them by yourself, I use Tinke to export and import them to/from PNG.

Regius likes this.
  8. Regius

Regius Newbie
    Newcomer

Japan
    Since my account is new I can't PM :(
    The latter might be the better solution?

9. Darukeru

Mexico
    Oh okay no problem
    Look for all the sai_o_placeXXX.nspcr files under the data/scn/saishu directory, there are 17 of them. And there's other file, isa_o_place000.nspcr, under the data/scn/t_map directory.

10. Regius

Regius Newbie
    Newcomer

Japan
    I'm sorry, I looked all over the place and for some reason I can't find them.

11. Darukeru

Mexico
    Let's discuss it via PM.

12. LuminousCat

LuminousCat Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    Wow, this game looks supercute. I didn't know there were such DS gems still left untranslated.
    Good luck with the translation!

13. zfreeman

zfreeman GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Past Translation Attempts
    1. 2011: 45%
    2. 2015: 20%

Darukeru likes this.
  14. Darukeru

Mexico
    Hey thanks! I know haha but what can we expect when even some very popular franchises had decided not to localize some of their games. Your own project is an example of that haha
    Good luck to you too!

Last edited by Darukeru, Mar 7, 2021
    LuminousCat likes this.
  15. meta_stocke

meta_stocke Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Followed some of the old translation attempts of this game, and super happy to see someone taking this on again!

If you're looking for another translator, especially for event scripts, would love to get in touch! Currently taking a course in Japanese translation. ^_^

//Though I just registered here, so can't PM yet...

16. Darukeru

Mexico
    Great! This might be the definitive one

Sure! Don't worry, I'll contact you via PM

Last edited by Darukeru, Mar 12, 2021
  17. SDA

SDA Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    I really hope you'll finish this translation. There are some grammar mistakes, and there is a lot of Japanese left (as expected in an alpha).
    Is someone helping you with this game at the moment? I personally cannot give a hand due to my inexperience in DS hacking and no Japanese knowledge. Even after completing my Monster Tale translation into Italian, I still feel a noob.

Last edited by SDA, Mar 13, 2021
  18. Darukeru

Mexico
    Thanks! And yes someone other than me is in charge of the translation, also made me notice those grammar errors, most of them should have been corrected by now in the latest un-released build of the rom, and many many more assets have been translated as of now, but not all of them.
    I'm also a noob haha but I feel that this project is doable, and we're on a stage were most of the scripts can be inserted right away the moment they're translated, it's just a matter of, well, translating everything.

Btw, MT was also a game that intended to translate (to Spanish, my mother tongue), even extracted and prepared an environment and everything to do the translation using the same tools I'm using for this game, even translated the first events, but didn't focused to much on it, then a few weeks (or was it months?) ago the game devs announced the remastered version that is coming to switch, localized to several languages haha
    There it goes that translation project

Last edited by Darukeru, Mar 16, 2021
  19. SDA

SDA Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Unfortunately this game was intended to be released in Europe, too - there is a hidden language menu in the game's files.
    We have to translate this into European French, Castillian Spanish, German and Dutch, so I'll be encouraging everyone to make this forgotten gem more accessible to non-English speaking gamers.

Last edited by SDA, Mar 16, 2021
  20. Darukeru

Mexico
    I know, such and underrated game. But now it's coming to the Switch and other modern platforms, very likely localized. I think that'll be the best version for anyone who haven't tried the game yet. For now I'll focuse my solo spanish fan-translation project to Aliens Infestation, another game that was only localized to English, German and French.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Release][Alpha], Translation, Project