XP
Country
United States
Alright, so is there a way to patch...

- Super Mario Advance 4 save corrupted
- Pokemon Emerald clock-based events
- Super Mario Advance 1 corrupted
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon save failed
- any other save errors for Mario/Sonic/Pokemon games I haven't found out already?

Last edited by CeeDee,

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Alright, so is there a way to patch...

- Super Mario Advance 4 save corrupted
- Pokemon Emerald clock-based events
- Super Mario Advance 1 corrupted
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon save failed
- any other save errors for Mario/Sonic/Pokemon games I haven't found out already?
1- GBATA for SMA1, SMA4 & pkmnMD. Load your gba rom, go to the SRAM Patcher tab and click patch then convert you roms to cia.

2- For all standard gba pokemon games (R,S,E,FR,LG) you need to patch your gba rom like this : https://gbatemp.net/threads/fixes-for-all-gba-pokemons-save-issue-with-agb_firm.390508/

Then create a correct footer with RTC checked and convert it to cia.

Footer generation exemple for pokemon emerald :

439854Capture.png

Here there are all my pokemon footers if someone needs it : https://mega.co.nz/#!pUJEiBgQ!g_UE6ZFMkd8_wil9Haxm5TG0CkPH4SaCR3LN9zkVlYo
White screen on Fire Red, help?
Same thing for your, follow 2-

Last edited by pakrett,
Reactions: danzou22 and CeeDee

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBATA for SMA1, SMA4 & pkmnMD. Load your gba rom, go to the SRAM Patcher tab and click patch then convert you roms to cia.

For all standard gba pokemon games (R,S,E,FR,LG) you need to patch your gba rom like this : https://gbatemp.net/threads/fixes-for-all-gba-pokemons-save-issue-with-agb_firm.390508/

Footer exemple for pokemon emerald :

439854Capture.png

Here there are all my pokemon footers if someone needs it : https://mega.co.nz/#!pUJEiBgQ!g_UE6ZFMkd8_wil9Haxm5TG0CkPH4SaCR3LN9zkVlYo
You can use the SRAM patcher fine? Could've sworn it said not to. Was that only for gen 3 Pokemon games?

Will try when I get home. Thanks!

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can use the SRAM patcher fine? Could've sworn it said not to. Was that only for gen 3 Pokemon games?

Will try when I get home. Thanks!

You can use SRAM patcher/gbata for a few games that need it but not with gen3 Pokemon games, these games and only these games need to be patched with the second way.

Home_Rowed

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1- GBATA for SMA1, SMA4 & pkmnMD. Load your gba rom, go to the SRAM Patcher tab and click patch then convert you roms to cia.

2- For all standard gba pokemon games (R,S,E,FR,LG) you need to patch your gba rom like this : https://gbatemp.net/threads/fixes-for-all-gba-pokemons-save-issue-with-agb_firm.390508/

Footer generation exemple for pokemon emerald :

439854Capture.png

Same thing for your, follow 2-

When generating the footer after SRAM patching formerly EEPROM based games like SMA1, or Flash1M based game like SMA4; what Save Chip Manufacturer and Save Type should I use?

Also a much more complex question. Could it be possible to patch AGB_Firm or the CIA, if it's stored there, to the button mapping Y=Select X=Start? Maybe with more reverse engineering if need be.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use SRAM patcher/gbata for a few games that need it but not with gen3 Pokemon games, these games and only these games need to be patched with the second way.
Tested.
PMD - Save failed.
SMA1 - No luck here. Same error as before.
SMA4 - Tested with Wii U eShop patch, formats save data then presents you with glitched saves in save selection. Same issue as before.

It seems nothing has really changed, as the end result is the same as before.
Thank you for your help, though!

I used the "Load from ROM" option in the footer generator, but I have no idea if that's right. It'd be amazing if someone could find a fix for...

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team (USA)
Super Mario Advance (USA)
Super Mario Advance 4 all e-Reader levels (USA)

...either if their footer files need to be tweaked, or their ROMs, or both, it'd be a great help!

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the "Load from ROM" option in the footer generator, but I have no idea if that's right.
I'M AN IDIOT

Apparently, you gotta change the footer's save type / save chip manufacturer to the first option, SRAM / 0xC0. Testing now.

Reactions: jaksy

Nayd03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've heard that it won't work if my Nands are unlinked. How can I link my Nands? (I unlinked them when I created the Emunand)

Home_Rowed

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'M AN IDIOT

Apparently, you gotta change the footer's save type / save chip manufacturer to the first option, SRAM / 0xC0. Testing now.

That's what I thought, I just want confirmation on which to use. For the footer of SMA 1 I used Save Type: SRAM, and Save Chip Manufacturer: 0x90. It works and saves properly, as far as I tested. I don't know if that's what should be used for every formerly EEPROM based game, and what about Flash 1M like SMA4.

Stack3r

Shizuo Heiwajima
Trophies
XP
So does having multiple gba vcs installed actually slow down emunand boot? Just curious someone on reddit said they noticed slower times after having them installed

ShinLarc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on RX 10.5 and Using RX tools since I unlinked and updated my EMUNAND I am UNABLE to play any classic CIA files even after using this AGB_firm CIA and patching and installing! someone please help me out here. AM I doing something wrong?

AkitoUF

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I've got another question that may or not be related to this thread, in case I want to delete titles from sysNAND, how will I know which title corresponds to a GBA game?
There's a database but for 3ds games only and the ambassador titles.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got another question that may or not be related to this thread, in case I want to delete titles from sysNAND, how will I know which title corresponds to a GBA game?
Delete them in System Settings-> Data Management

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That's not what I asked for but whatever, thanks anyway.
Load the rom used to generate the cia in gbata, and it should tell you the serial "AGB-AYDE-USA" for example.

I believe the AYDE should correspond to the game installed in FBI under CTR-N-AYDE.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Use sig patched sysNAND to delete them the same way
Wouldn't opening data management in sysnand corrupt your emunand install?

Last edited by jaksy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end