Hacking [Release] 4.x SecureInfo dumper/injector (+movable.sed)

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Hi, here is something I made more than two months ago, for my region changing thread.
It is based off of the ctr multidecryptor, so thanks to them for the 'base' :)
Then I added some sd and nand filesystem functions that someone sent me privately (thanks enler - same guy as the 4.5 ticket dumper)

THE FILESYSTEM FUNCTIONS ARE UNSTABLE! -- sometimes this tool will work on the 1st try, sometimes it will work on the 10th try... :) but nevertheless, it is easier than dumping your nand and getting the xorpads, extracting the one file you want, and writing that back to sys/emunand!
You will know if this tool has done it's job, it will tell you when it is complete, and it will do it fast, so it is just does nothing, then just turn off and try again.

It only works with the 4.x exploit, something like this could be made for 9.x etc, but I am not able to do that now :) (maybe rxTools will have something like it soon!)

There are 4 options in the tool:
Dump SYS SecureInfo_A
Write EMU SecureInfo_A
Write SYS SecureInfo_A
Dump SYS+EMU movable.sed
Dumping a file will save it to the sd card.
Writing the SecureInfo_A file will read the SecureInfo_A file that is on your sd card root, and write it to sys/emunand.
If you write a NON-legitimate SecureInfo_A file to sysnand, you will BRICK! :) (can be fixed with nand hard mod)

This worked for me when I did it, but just incase I made a mistake when I fixed it up a bit today, run at your own responsibility. Make sure you have a nand mod, just in case something goes wrong. I don't want to be the reason people bricked their 3ds just because they wanted to download some weird demo from the jp shop.

If you have an iQue system, naturally, use the iQue version I built :)

Attachments

• 4.5 - SecureInfo + movable-sed tool.zip
    62 KB · Views: 1,836

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Will this ever be open source?

well, there really is not much too it, i don't really have permission to share the filesystem code
the functions of this tool could be easily added to karl, oska, rxtools etc :) which would be great, and it what i hope for

Reactions: VinsCool

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, there really is not much too it, i don't really have permission to share the filesystem code
the functions of this tool could be easily added to karl, oska, rxtools etc :) which would be great, and it what i hope for
You should let govanify "test" it for you :^)

Reactions: ComeTurismO

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Will this have the ability to migrate movable.sed to a new console? (unlike most of the other files, you can't simply copy and paste this file into a nand dump of another console. It will brick it. It will even brick emunand)

Note that encryption for dbs folder will need to be updated. (I think you only need to migrate the ticket/title files in the dbs folder). The data folder should be able to be copied over to the new console once the movable.sed and ticket/title files are in place.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i haven't actually region changed any 3ds's yet and haven't been following super closely.
i think i read from multiple people that you can't just swap them and expect eshop to work because it's still locked to it's original region.
but if i buy two brand new 3ds's i can swap them and have everything work correctly right including eshop and system updates?

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
also, does writing to emunand take a while? I am still waiting for it

from the red text near the beginning of the OP... :)
THE FILESYSTEM FUNCTIONS ARE UNSTABLE! -- sometimes this tool will work on the 1st try, sometimes it will work on the 10th try... :) but nevertheless, it is easier than dumping your nand and getting the xorpads, extracting the one file you want, and writing that back to sys/emunand!
You will know if this tool has done it's job, it will tell you when it is complete, and it will do it fast, so it is just does nothing, then just turn off and try again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1