[Release] 4.65.1 REBUG CFW w/ COBRA 7.02

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by fgghjjkll, Nov 3, 2014.

1. fgghjjkll
    OP

fgghjjkll GBATemp MegaMan

GBAtemp Patron
    fgghjjkll is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 7, 2008
    [​IMG]
    Didn't see this here yet, so better late then never?
    The REBUG team released their 4.65 CFW. This release was not initially intended for public consumption, however, Moderators at ps3hax.net had already circulated the files, and so existing bugs will be ironed out in 4.65.2.
    New Features include:
    Long-time PS3 developers Joonie and HABIB have also joined the team.

Downloads, info, and source.[/quote]
    EDIT: Team REBUG has addressed the PS2 controller sync issue and the fix will be released with REBUG 4.65.2

Margen67 likes this.
  2. codezer0

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    So, with a BC console (and working BD-ROM drive), this can play disc backups, correct?

Does the pad sync bug still exist in 4.65?

3. jurai

jurai GBAtemp Fan

Dec 23, 2005
    pad sync bug for ps2 still exists on bc consoles, I dont really see any reasons to update

4. codezer0

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    I must admit, I'd been real happy with 4.46 Rebug w/ COBRA, but I kept hearing people griping about how it doesn't play PSP games? I hadn't tried doing anything like that before, being I have an actual PSP to run them on... Just what is the deal about that?

5. fgghjjkll
    OP

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 7, 2008
    The PS2 Pad bug will exist on all software-based emulation for firmwares 4.5x and above. This is a fault of Sony's update. Until Sony can figure out a fix for it, CFW developers can't really do anything.

If you have a full or partial hardware-based emulator, you are able to play discs and the ps2 pad bug shouldn't be an issue.

6. codezer0

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    Well, I get that it exists on soft-BC and neutered PS3 systems; however, in my case I have a CECHA AND CECHB system here, which are full-BC units. Does this bug still exist there?

7. fgghjjkll
    OP

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 7, 2008
    I don't believe so, no. Habib's temporary solution was to use the 4.46 SEMI/BC module, but I don't think he ported that to the Rebug firmware.

If you end up installing this firmware, here's what you can try:
    1. Launch any PS2 game
    2. Plug in the ps3 controller via USB and press the home button
    3. Unplug the usb cable

If it's still synced, looks like the developers got the old 4.46 module. If not, you could always reinstall 4.46 (make sure QA is enabled) :)

8. codezer0

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    So in my case, with the full-BC unit(s) the FW installer should be using the modules that are free of that bug; am I right?

9. fgghjjkll
    OP

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 7, 2008
    Again, I'm not very sure. I have the CECHH00 which is software based :/

10. codezer0

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    I'd rather not take the risk in downgrading if I don't have to, considering both the rarity of these systems, and further the lack of any nand backup/restore solution because nobody wants to make one except for neutered ps3 systems. :nayps3:

As such, I just have to wait until hopefully someone with a BC system can shed some light on this.

11. jurai

jurai GBAtemp Fan

Dec 23, 2005
    I'm fairly certain the pad sync bug is present on full-bc systems

12. h4x0rm1k3

h4x0rm1k3 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2014
    I hope this answers your question codeZer0, it's taken directly from them and states that BC consoles will use their respective emulators meaning HW emulation and not SW so you should be good to go with full compatibility and no pad sync issues!

PlayStation 2 on BC Consoles
    Hardware (HW) Emulation:
    PS3 Models:
    CECHC, CECHE, CECHA, and CECHB Backwards Compatible (BC) Consoles will still use their respective emulators(ps2_emu, ps2_gxemu), which have much better compatibility and also support optical discs, original or backup

13. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    my controller has been bugging out on this firmware, pretty random too.

just starts like hammering all buttons, unloading CFW calls, going back to XMB, its like its randomly pressing all kinds of buttons over and over. I wish I could pinpoint the issue, but its hard to reproduce.

sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. I also have to sync my controller almost every time i start up the PS3.

anyone else having issues like this?

14. fgghjjkll
    OP

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 7, 2008
    I've been getting controller sync issues as well. I think your WebMAN settings may have something to do with unloading CFW calls. Go check those.
    Hopefully 4.65.2 will fix the controller issues.

EDIT: As for random key presses, that might be the controller hardware issue itself. You could try taking it apart and cleaning the contacts with isopropyl alcohol or something?