ROM Hack [Release] 3DS FBI CIA Manager NAND Inject Generator (JPN/USA/EUR/CHN/KOR/TWN)

manpaint

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i have the error when recreating nand: nand is not valid
Anyone can help me i need fbi for installing rom hack!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey man, I just want to say thank you for this amazing guide. FBI wouldn't install while I was following the RxTools guide, so I had to resort to this. Took a few extra steps, but it worked on my 9.9 emuNAND :yaysp:
Hey man, I just want to say thank you for this amazing guide. FBI wouldn't install while I was following the RxTools guide, so I had to resort to this. Took a few extra steps, but it worked on my 9.9 emuNAND :yaysp:
Do you know how to fix the invalid nand error?

PandaMayFire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have the error when recreating nand: nand is not valid
Anyone can help me i need fbi for installing rom hack!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do you know how to fix the invalid nand error?
No, I'm not sure why that error is popping up, this never happened with me

riverscn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Failed on a N3DS. Have a same problem below.

Unable to get extract_nand.bat to work.
Command window just opens and closes instantly.

Used Decrypt 9 - N3ds

NAND.bin = 1,300,234,240 bytes
nand.fat16.xorpad = 1,105,199,104 bytes

Edit: So if I launch the batch file with command prompt I get "Input FAT16 XORpad file is not valid"
:\

And I used an other tools to covert a FAT16 image. Opened it with winimage, but I couldn't find title\000400010\00022300\content\ on my EUR N3DS

Gregora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I inject fbi into H&S on a 9.2 n3ds without CN/GW's red card? I can't exactly get my xorpads because rxtools doesn't support n3ds last I checked and even if it did, it uses CN which I don't have. I kind of lost my red card and with it, access to a .cia installer. I switched to ReiNAND to access my emuNAND but I really want to install .cia files since ReiNAND has a function that my GW emuNAND doesn't.

xdemi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Any way to get it to work with emuNAND 9.9 on O3DS? If that's even the cause of the problem at all?

Getting a "Input FAT16 XORpad file is not valid" with my xorpad and nand.

Used rxtools to generate the xorpad.

PandaMayFire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any way to get it to work with emuNAND 9.9 on O3DS? If that's even the cause of the problem at all?

Getting a "Input FAT16 XORpad file is not valid" with my xorpad and nand.

Used rxtools to generate the xorpad.
I have an Old3DS and also running emuNAND 9.9, I never ran into this problem. Maybe RxTools didn't properly rip the Xorpad, you might have to try getting your Xorpad again

Ratier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
After seeing how people having problems with FBI injection, I decided to take a look into process to see what can possibly go wrong. Basically, there's two main issues with previous injection methods: the first problem I see is that H&S is an optional app and only gets updated through internet and not card game updates (so even if you running FW9.x there's still possibility your 3DS have old H&S app version). As of now there's 14 different revisions of H&S app and to make things done right you should only use properly encrypted FBI app injected into exactly the same version your 3DS currently using. Second issue that seems to confuse people is TMD file name, it's never constant.

Now, my program designed to resolve both issues. Just drag&drop your original *.tmd file on exe and it generate files specifically for your system.
All regions are supported (JPN/USA/EUR/CHN/KOR/TWN) within 1.0-9.8 firmware range.

Basic instructions on how to inject FBI CIA Manager into Health & Safety SysApp:
1) Make NAND FAT16 XORpad file using rxTools (Decryption Options --> Generate fat16 Xorpad) or Decrypt9
2) Put NAND or emuNAND dump named 'NAND.BIN' and FAT 16 XORpad named 'nand.fat16.xorpad' into folder's root, right next to *.bat files.
3) Launch extract_nand.bat and wait for it to create 'nand_fat16dec.img' file.
4) Download WinImage 9.0, install&launch it, open 'nand_fat16dec.img' and navigate into H&S folder. The path is differs depending on your region:
JPN: title\000400010\00020300\content\
USA: title\000400010\00021300\content\
EUR: title\000400010\00022300\content\
CHN: title\000400010\00026300\content\
KOR: title:000400010\00027300\content\
TWN: title:000400010\00028300\content\

5) Extract *.tmd file using right click command, drag extracted file on '3ds_fbi_injectgen.exe' and you'll get FBI Inject files generated specifically for your system:
GKIbJcc.png
6) Inject newly created files using WinImage's Image --> Inject command and overwrite exciting files (no need to delete anything, just overwrite exciting files):
5rNyyxv.png
7) Launch 'rebuild_nand.bat' and wait for it to create 'NAND_rebuild.BIN' file.

This is your NAND image with FBI injected. Use your favorite tool to insert emuNAND back into SD card or you can write it into sysNAND (It's a nice thing to have in sysNAND, actually. You can't remove or corrupt it by mistake or after system format, it even launches without SD card inserted and hides when SigPatch disabled. Don't do it unless you're experienced user and know what you're doing, though).

Download links:
http://rghost.net/6pMsvnhFz
https://mega.co.nz/#!01YSiAqb!ApMgqXLkecvNesouuMEGTUWy5VvZsOn_wzxthTG1XiE

Followed this incredible tutorial and it worked fine...but only in the first time that I loaded the emunand. I could install only 2 cias then it stoped working again (since the simple FBI injection via rxtools menu did not work for me the 5 times I formated emunand and installed it). I installed bigBlueMenu.cia and the game Frogger 3D and both works perfectly but when I tried to install again other cia's with FBI the same problem occurred. It only occurred after I removed the microSD (Sandisk with original adapter, 16GB, FAT32) to put more cias (logically I turned of the 3DS Xl Blue Emunand 9.9 SysNand 4.3U first and then I removed the SD). Since I could instal Title Mananger cia, I tried with big blue menu and it says that all my cias are invalid. Some I converted from .3ds to .cia but some I just downloaded. Could it also be the cia file? I have another emunand in another microSD card (Sandisk 32GB, FAT32, with non original adapter) that never gave me errors when trying to install cias... When FBI/BigBlueMenu decides to stop giving me an error, it waits untill installation is completed to give me an different error. I wait a long for it reach 100% and when it finnaly gets there, the installation fails. How to fix it, do anyone knows?

Attachments

• upload_2015-9-3_9-11-38.png
    upload_2015-9-3_9-11-38.png
    43.9 KB · Views: 504

AlphaSapphire

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After seeing how people having problems with FBI injection, I decided to take a look into process to see what can possibly go wrong. Basically, there's two main issues with previous injection methods: the first problem I see is that H&S is an optional app and only gets updated through internet and not card game updates (so even if you running FW9.x there's still possibility your 3DS have old H&S app version). As of now there's 14 different revisions of H&S app and to make things done right you should only use properly encrypted FBI app injected into exactly the same version your 3DS currently using. Second issue that seems to confuse people is TMD file name, it's never constant.

Now, my program designed to resolve both issues. Just drag&drop your original *.tmd file on exe and it generate files specifically for your system.
All regions are supported (JPN/USA/EUR/CHN/KOR/TWN) within 1.0-9.8 firmware range.

Basic instructions on how to inject FBI CIA Manager into Health & Safety SysApp:
1) Make NAND FAT16 XORpad file using rxTools (Decryption Options --> Generate fat16 Xorpad) or Decrypt9
2) Put NAND or emuNAND dump named 'NAND.BIN' and FAT 16 XORpad named 'nand.fat16.xorpad' into folder's root, right next to *.bat files.
4) Download WinImage 9.0, install&launch it, open 'nand_fat16dec.img' and navigate into H&S folder. The path is differs depending on your region:

5) Extract *.tmd file using right click command, drag extracted file on '3ds_fbi_injectgen.exe' and you'll get FBI Inject files generated specifically for your system:
GKIbJcc.png
6) Inject newly created files using WinImage's Image --> Inject command and overwrite exciting files (no need to delete anything, just overwrite exciting files):
5rNyyxv.png

This is your NAND image with FBI injected. Use your favorite tool to insert emuNAND back into SD card or you can write it into sysNAND (It's a nice thing to have in sysNAND, actually. You can't remove or corrupt it by mistake or after system format, it even launches without SD card inserted and hides when SigPatch disabled. Don't do it unless you're experienced user and know what you're doing, though).

Download links:
what is this suppose to do

PandaMayFire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what is this suppose to do
When some people are using RxTools to inject FBI to the Health & Safety app, it doesn't work no matter what for some reason. This pretty muchly injects FBI into an existing NAND dump into the Health & Safety app, and it was the only way I was able to get FBI to install on my emuNAND :D

AlphaSapphire

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When some people are using RxTools to inject FBI to the Health & Safety app, it doesn't work no matter what for some reason. This pretty muchly injects FBI into an existing NAND dump into the Health & Safety app, and it was the only way I was able to get FBI to install on my emuNAND :D
so it doesnt work on sysnand

run1492

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

NOTE: What I want is to be able to run fbi without having to be connected to internet. If there is another way having firmware 6.2 for my 3ds, let me know. That said,

I've got my NAND_rebuild.BIN created, and all I want is to write to SYSnand in order to be able to use fbi without having to connect to internet to launch rxtools. I already have fbi on emuland, but in order to access emuland I need to launch rxtools trough internet connection. As long as I have firmware 6.2, I cannot install the ds profile exploit as it needs 4.x version for the firmware. I also cannot downgrade 6.x to 4.x to be able to do that exploit because it gives me an error because I've never updated my console over OTA, I found here the only way to do it:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/downgrading-3ds-fatal-error-0001001-solved.382297/page-2

HOW CAN I INSTALL THE NAND_REBUILD.BIN TO SYSNAND ??? I thought about renaming it to NAND.BIN and copy it back to sd, and force the gateway mode to downgrade via the gateway.dg file. This way, the Gateway menu will force me to restore my nand backup, that I've changed for the injected version in the SD. But I don't know what would happen if it fails because I'm fearing the brick stuff.

Note: I don't have the gateway cards, I'm only using the sd...

Thanks in advance !

GKIbJcc.png
5rNyyxv.png

Download links:

Last edited by run1492,

tomx86

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've fallowed the tutorial and got "The software title could not be launched. Please download it again from Nintendo eShop." message, on my sysNAND 9.2.0-20E. What to do?

khayser

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi, im colombian. i have a question: is posible to do until the step 5, and Inject files generated specifically for my 3ds with the rxtools menu, without inject all the modified nand?

sorry for my english :(

Last edited by khayser,

sykezlol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I run "Extract_nand.bat" and it gives me "Input NAND dump is not valid" Do any of you know why this error comes up?

edit: tried again, the extract_nand now says xorpad isnt valid. What do :(

Last edited by sykezlol,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My new 3ds is already 9,6 after purchase! Where I can download 9.0?

You can't do anything with it anyway. You're screwed.

Hello,

NOTE: What I want is to be able to run fbi without having to be connected to internet.
After you get FBI working, you'll need to downgrade your MSET so you can launch a CFW that way.

i am noob, does this tool install cia without cfw? can i install cia files with ironhax using this tool?
No, and no.

I've fallowed the tutorial and got "The software title could not be launched. Please download it again from Nintendo eShop." message, on my sysNAND 9.2.0-20E. What to do?
You need signature checks patched out to run it. Launch a CFW first, such as rxtools ...

@Riku, Your mega link is broken. The top one still works though. Also, is FBI actually packed in to your .exe? Would it be too much trouble to make it use an external file so we can always update it and/or could you release the source code for this? There are some really important features in FBI 1.4.14 (namely more and updated rop chains it can install).

Last edited by urherenow,
Reactions: lemanuel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night