ROM Hack [Release] 3DS FBI CIA Manager NAND Inject Generator (JPN/USA/EUR/CHN/KOR/TWN)

bluke

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi does this one can use with N3DS I using decrypt9 extract nand.fat16.xorpad success but when i run 3DS_Nandmgr.exe i got this mgs "Input FAT16 XORpad file is not valid" any help ?

Riku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi does this one can use with N3DS I using decrypt9 extract nand.fat16.xorpad success but when i run 3DS_Nandmgr.exe i got this mgs "Input FAT16 XORpad file is not valid" any help ?
What's your nand dump and xorpad filesizes in bytes?

bluke

Trophies
XP
Country
nand dump : 1.84 GB (1,979,711,488 bytes)
Xorpad : 1.03 GB (1,106,247,680 bytes)

It's N3DSXL US and also the Health & Safety of N3DS begin with 2 not 0

AngelComics3099

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have sysnand 4.2 and emunand 9.8
I used two cards one with 4.2 emu and the other with 9.8 emunand
Injection was successful for both 4.2 and 9.8 emunand
My question is :
Do you think it is possible to update my sysnand with the rebuild_emunand 9.8 (with FBI injected in) without any risk ? what's the best way to do it ?

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unable to get extract_nand.bat to work.
Command window just opens and closes instantly.

Used Decrypt 9 - N3ds

NAND.bin = 1,300,234,240 bytes
nand.fat16.xorpad = 1,105,199,104 bytes

Edit: So if I launch the batch file with command prompt I get "Input FAT16 XORpad file is not valid"
:\

Last edited by usernametaken,

humgum

Trophies
XP
Country
After seeing how people having problems with FBI injection, I decided to take a look into process to see what can possibly go wrong. Basically, there's two main issues with previous injection methods: the first problem I see is that H&S is an optional app and only gets updated through internet and not card game updates (so even if you running FW9.x there's still possibility your 3DS have old H&S app version). As of now there's 14 different revisions of H&S app and to make things done right you should only use properly encrypted FBI app injected into exactly the same version your 3DS currently using. Second issue that seems to confuse people is TMD file name, it's never constant.

Now, my program designed to resolve both issues. Just drag&drop your original *.tmd file on exe and it generate files specifically for your system.
All regions are supported (JPN/USA/EUR/CHN/KOR/TWN) within 1.0-9.8 firmware range.

Basic instructions on how to inject FBI CIA Manager into Health & Safety SysApp:
1) Make NAND FAT16 XORpad file using rxTools (Decryption Options --> Generate fat16 Xorpad) or Decrypt9
2) Put NAND or emuNAND dump named 'NAND.BIN' and FAT 16 XORpad named 'nand.fat16.xorpad' into folder's root, right next to *.bat files.
3) Launch extract_nand.bat and wait for it to create 'nand_fat16dec.img' file.
4) Download WinImage 9.0, install&launch it, open 'nand_fat16dec.img' and navigate into H&S folder. The path is differs depending on your region:
JPN: title\000400010\00020300\content\
USA: title\000400010\00021300\content\
EUR: title\000400010\00022300\content\
CHN: title\000400010\00026300\content\
KOR: title:000400010\00027300\content\
TWN: title:000400010\00028300\content\

5) Extract *.tmd file using right click command, drag extracted file on '3ds_fbi_injectgen.exe' and you'll get FBI Inject files generated specifically for your system:
GKIbJcc.png
6) Inject newly created files using WinImage's Image --> Inject command and overwrite exciting files (no need to delete anything, just overwrite exciting files):
5rNyyxv.png
7) Launch 'rebuild_nand.bat' and wait for it to create 'NAND_rebuild.BIN' file.

This is your NAND image with FBI injected. Use your favorite tool to insert emuNAND back into SD card or you can write it into sysNAND (It's a nice thing to have in sysNAND, actually. You can't remove or corrupt it by mistake or after system format, it even launches without SD card inserted and hides when SigPatch disabled. Don't do it unless you're experienced user and know what you're doing, though).

Download links:
http://rghost.net/6pMsvnhFz
https://mega.co.nz/#!01YSiAqb!ApMgqXLkecvNesouuMEGTUWy5VvZsOn_wzxthTG1XiE
where can i get NAND or emuNAND dump to rename it NAND.BIN'??

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where can i get NAND or emuNAND dump to rename it NAND.BIN'??

Launch the gateway menu with either Mset - CN - OOT exploits, Backup System Nand (You should have done this the second you got a hackable system) when done turn off and connect your internal SD to the computer, Nand.bin should be int he root of the SD card.

humgum

Trophies
XP
Country
Launch the gateway menu with either Mset - CN - OOT exploits, Backup System Nand (You should have done this the second you got a hackable system) when done turn off and connect your internal SD to the computer, Nand.bin should be int he root of the SD card.

PandaMayFire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey man, I just want to say thank you for this amazing guide. FBI wouldn't install while I was following the RxTools guide, so I had to resort to this. Took a few extra steps, but it worked on my 9.9 emuNAND :yaysp:

Last edited by PandaMayFire,

metoob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im so sooo close. i got the nand.bin with the gateway launcher, i extracted, injected, but now rebuild_nand won't start. i got a screenshot after a few tries. i attached the screenshot.
any ideas? this is really frustrating because im hitting block after block after block
EDIT: prob solved, i extracted the nand on a really low space drive and simply ran out of space(eventhough it was incomplete i didnt notice cause i could still edit w/ winimage)

Attachments

• problem screenshot.png
    problem screenshot.png
    21.3 KB · Views: 438
Last edited by metoob,

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
It is normal to have 2 version of H & S, I extracted 2 .tmd files (00000000.TMD/00000001.tmd), but when i drag these 2 files into 3ds_fbi_injectgen.exe, I find 2 folder with 2 different version of the FBI:

0004001000022300_v2050_FBI
0004001000022300_v3077_FBI

Is it normal because when I inject FBI since rxTools, nothing works and FBI does not start in H & S...

metoob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, new problem. health and safety app is gone entirely after creating an emunand. the icon just disappeared. ive restored 3 times from the nand.bin i got after this tutorial, and im in the process of restoring from the original. so far nothing has worked, the spot where it was is just gone.
can i use this process to install it over, say, face raiders, instead?
Edit: after restoring from the original, its fine. why is this happening? i used the rebuiilt nand without issues once then after that it didnt work.
im going to rebuild it again then restore from it and ill report what happens.

Last edited by metoob,

Raugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello @Riku I am trying to inyect FBI in my new 3ds emunand but when i use the 3ds_fbi_injectgen with my tmd. Have you thought make this app compatible with new 3DS?

Thanks and sorry for my english

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HoTuan @ HoTuan: how to mod switch ?