Related games for releases

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by FAST6191, Jun 13, 2010.

1. FAST6191
    OP

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    You probably all know the drill from IMDB and the like and we all have seen the "top ? [insert genre] films/bands/games" lists and maybe even made a few of our own.

Specifics would have to be hammered out- automated (probably quite difficult), voting (and if so what are the requirements- staff, confirmed, vetted, anyone), ranking order not to mention the big question of "Now we are 5000 releases deep how are we going to generate that much data to make it appear worthwhile in a short space of time", whether we have a few wildcards in there to stop it being a validate my taste type list and I am sure it could go on.

Concerning the matter of quality I have to assume there will be jokes, bad posts and beyond but I reckon the net effect would be positive. My line of thought being that it would be more along the lines of hoping for the odd game I never heard of rather than trying to be a definitive list.

2. Overlord Nadrian

Overlord Nadrian Banned

Banned
    Jul 28, 2008
    Belgium
    Riviera
    Good idea, I'd like to add something to it, too. Maybe, if you're viewing a topic on a certain release, get a small list of similar games, the likes of "If you like this game, you might want to try out ..." Basically your suggestion, but a little different.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm stupid. This IS your idea [​IMG]

3. monkat

monkat I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.

Banned
    May 21, 2009
    United States
    Virginia
    Amazing idea!

4. Ritsuki

Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Mar 15, 2008
    Swaziland
    That's a really good idea, even if it will be difficult to deploy it.

5. FAST6191
    OP

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    I know very little of the site backend but we do already have a voting system that is not used all that much- I was thinking change that and instead of scores have a g-online number instead.