Related games for releases

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by FAST6191, Jun 13, 2010.

Jun 13, 2010

Related games for releases by FAST6191 at 11:11 PM (713 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. FAST6191
    OP

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    You probably all know the drill from IMDB and the like and we all have seen the "top ? [insert genre] films/bands/games" lists and maybe even made a few of our own.

Specifics would have to be hammered out- automated (probably quite difficult), voting (and if so what are the requirements- staff, confirmed, vetted, anyone), ranking order not to mention the big question of "Now we are 5000 releases deep how are we going to generate that much data to make it appear worthwhile in a short space of time", whether we have a few wildcards in there to stop it being a validate my taste type list and I am sure it could go on.

Concerning the matter of quality I have to assume there will be jokes, bad posts and beyond but I reckon the net effect would be positive. My line of thought being that it would be more along the lines of hoping for the odd game I never heard of rather than trying to be a definitive list.

2. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Good idea, I'd like to add something to it, too. Maybe, if you're viewing a topic on a certain release, get a small list of similar games, the likes of "If you like this game, you might want to try out ..." Basically your suggestion, but a little different.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm stupid. This IS your idea [​IMG]

3. monkat

Banned monkat I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.

United States
    Amazing idea!

4. Ritsuki

Member Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Switzerland
    That's a really good idea, even if it will be difficult to deploy it.

5. FAST6191
    OP

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I know very little of the site backend but we do already have a voting system that is not used all that much- I was thinking change that and instead of scores have a g-online number instead.