Status
Not open for further replies.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is, we don't know for certain tx will continue support for SX OS if they're sales drop to nothing due to the new system, (I'm sure it will be supported for a while), I know someone will quote them saying they have 100000 users, I really, really doubt that, the system modification community is very small, it might seem like everyone does it but that's just because we are on gbatemp everyday, thats why it would be nice to have a open source alternative, also for when new games come out with anti piracy checks, we need the community to be able to work on a solution.

FrostyWolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emunand isnt any safer than sysnand. because its just a copy of your nand.

Emunand in 100% offline. Use Devmenu or whatever other method to install .nsps. Updates/DLC's/eShop games, minimal ban risks.

Buy a legit game and want to play online (smash, pokemon, splatoon, etc). Boot untouched OFW. Play game normally.

Right now, there doesn't seem to be a safe way to get eShop or DLC's with SX OS. The current method to do so comes with what looks like a very high ban risk, which means losing your chances to play a legit game with out a full NAND restore. If Your firmware is similar (xci loading, no new method for nsp's) we are in the same boat. Emunand is a potential fix for that. I would gladly give up 32gbs of space on my SD card for the protection and the easier and safer ability to play legit games.

Last edited by FrostyWolf,

szczuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
@Reisyukaku i have one question - Does USB mass storage connection (to pc) will be avadible? I hate that i need to take out SD card (so Switch will power off) when i want to copy something to sd (and ftp is slow...).

Reactions: tottti1914

Sem112

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry to single you out, but a few people commented stuff like this-
A beta test requires actual work. It's not the same as 'getting something early', it requires trust and dedication on the parts of the tester and the developer. If that's what you're after, you're misreading what is entailed here.

I get your point and I think it does apply to a lot of cases but in this case it seems that the CFW is already almost done and an open beta could be helpful. Especially when most of the first users of this particular software will be people from GBAtemp or people that have knowhow about these types of programs and therefore can provide valuable feedback.

Wierd_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get your point and I think it does apply to a lot of cases but in this case it seems that the CFW is already almost done and an open beta could be helpful. Especially when most of the first users of this particular software will be people from GBAtemp or people that have knowhow about these types of programs and therefore can provide valuable feedback.

Many software products go through an internal evaluation process, before they undergo a public evaluation process.

Take for instance, Microsoft Windows.

This software undergoes very intense internal testing, where it gets installed through the company, and actively driven--- BEFORE it goes to the "insider" program participants.
THEN it goes to the Insiders on the MSDN channel, and it can be beta tested.
After that, it gets "finalized", and then boxed for sale.

(or at least, that is how they USED to do it before they did the "eternal win 10" rolling distribution model.)

That Rei has a private group he can use as guinea pigs is good for him/her. It allows the CFW to be demonstrably mature before being released into the wild, and assures that mass-bricks are unlikely to happen, and that end users of the CFW mostly have a pleasant experience.

Reactions: offsense and Sem112

LightOffPro

ユキオクン
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
@Reisyukaku i have one question - Does USB mass storage connection (to pc) will be avadible? I hate that i need to take out SD card (so Switch will power off) when i want to copy something to sd (and ftp is slow...).

Something that does this already exists. I think that it's called Memloader. I use it when i use TegraRCMGUI.

Sem112

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Many software products go through an internal evaluation process, before they undergo a public evaluation process.

Take for instance, Microsoft Windows.

This software undergoes very intense internal testing, where it gets installed through the company, and actively driven--- BEFORE it goes to the "insider" program participants.
THEN it goes to the Insiders on the MSDN channel, and it can be beta tested.
After that, it gets "finalized", and then boxed for sale.

(or at least, that is how they USED to do it before they did the "eternal win 10" rolling distribution model.)

That Rei has a private group he can use as guinea pigs is good for him/her. It allows the CFW to be demonstrably mature before being released into the wild, and assures that mass-bricks are unlikely to happen, and that end users of the CFW mostly have a pleasant experience.

I totally agree with you and my point wasn't to discredit initial beta's in small groups. The point that I was trying to make is that not all beta's are only for small test groups but open beta's also exist. In this case Rei is of course the best person to decide which beta is applicable :-)

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nothing has been shown other that a splash screen this is only clickbait this thread should have been closed already.

Then why are you still here wasting your precious time with click bait threads?

Personally I love the way this is being handled by Rei, Small trusted beta team, no hype, absolutely ZERO drama and fuck all to do with the fabled atmosphere!

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing has been shown other that a splash screen this is only clickbait this thread should have been closed already.
gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8
You should chekurself before you rekurself
y u crak a lakin

what i'm trying to say is low effort
sadly reiswitched is just a meme rip

Reactions: Deleted User

leunamm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
something is coming ... be afraid .. be very afraid

I leave only title of the topic:
"A simple guide to dump your Switch's client certificate, all in 2 tweets! "

I will be wrong ?????

rynsonick

Trophies
XP
Country
Personally I love the way this is being handled by Rei, Small trusted beta team, no hype, absolutely ZERO drama and fuck all to do with the fabled atmosphere!

Dude, just chill.
Despite the fact drama which brought by RS, i think we should be gratefull switch scene going on this far because of their research. Like it or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs