Hacking ReiNX.Guide - The Official ReiNX installation guide!

• Thread starter Kilim
  • Start date
  • Views 109,329
  • Replies 139
  • Likes 32

Kilim

ReiNX Official Dad™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hello everyone, and welcome to the official thread for ReiNX.guide!

In conjunction with our massive 1.6 release, as well as the release of our Toolkit, the ReiNX team spent lots of time creating a helpful guide to get you from a non-hacked Switch to one running ReiNX. Sure, there are lots of stashes out there, but the issue with those are they become outdated quite frequently and it can cause issues when updating due to version differences. On top of that, I was always of the mindset that you learn the best by actually doing, so hopefully by following this guide you can take away some hacking knowledge of your own! The guide not only instructs you on what to do, but also tells you why you have to do it. Sooner or later you'll be a whiz at hacking Switches and can even get your friends in on it!

We also have a dedicated website for our CFW/Toolkit nightlies over at builds.reinx.guide!

Features:

• Notices - Now you can just take a glance at the home page to see if there are any updates to the CFW/Toolkit or anything that we consider important enough to mention.
  • FAQs - This doesn't just cover ReiNX specific questions, we tried our very best to include questions the entire scene has been asking. Feel free to reference this whenever you're outta ideas.
  • Updated Downloads - The links on our site will be constantly updated, and big updates will be pushed to Notices, so you'll always know you have the most up to date files.
  • Anime Backgrounds - uhhhh
  • Updated Builds/Nightlies - You can find these under builds.reinx.guide. These contain our nightlies for ReiNX as well as official releases for the toolkit and our CFW.
The site is a semi-beta product so it will probably be updated in the coming days/weeks as issues are pointed out (although we tried our best to iron most of them out). However! If you have any issues with it, such as something not making much sense, broken downloads or maybe feel like you have a good addition to our FAQs/Troubleshooting page, feel free to let us know in this thread!

Credits:

Biscuit - Lead Site Maintainer. thanks for making the entire base of the site in [redacted]
Kilim - Lead Site Maintainer/ReiNX daddy. an absolute expert at JS do not let anyone tell you otherwise
Kuu - idk why hes here he just wanted to be in credits
Rei - For making the CFW the site actually uses and keeping us together during shitshow(s).
NekoNoor - Expert buildscript designer and cutie
AliciaBurrito/Crusatyr/i forgot a lot of other people - helping me beta test this garbage (i hate JS btw)
ed - Kilim's sysadmin senpai
Elise - Initial homescreen concept
Meteos - for the initial guide he created over here when we were still setting up!

i probably forgot some people woops lol

Last edited by Kilim,

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
The accent on that 'e' is
f0Iu4Bh.png

Last edited by Reisyukaku,

xFlesk

Trophies
Website
thecompany.pl
XP
Country
Netherlands
hello there,
is it possible to start reinx payload via sx's pro "external payload loader" ?
im trying to load it and it gives me black screen after splash. i did everything acording to this guide. cheers

xFlesk

Trophies
Website
thecompany.pl
XP
Country
Netherlands
hmmm, the only thing i did different is i put tinfoil and reinx toolkit into respective folder in switch folder (i like it nice and clean, they start normal via SXOS anyway so i think is not a problem) i'll try to use tegra and let you know if i succeded.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

so i did now exacly the same as in tutorial and it gives me black screen. i've tryed via tegra and the same situation. after splash gives black screen.
wierd

ps
i want to say that this is first time i played with reinx. normal im using SXOS (via pro dongle) and RajNX (via pro dongle). rajnx works just fine loaded as a exteranl payload via pro dongle.
this is indeed a great site about reinx (hope i get it to work somehow). looks pro ;) it would be nice however to get reinx as a AiO package.

sorry for my english

Last edited by xFlesk,
Reactions: Dstr8ction

xFlesk

Trophies
Website
thecompany.pl
XP
Country
Netherlands
thank you for this important info, im not the only one then ;) i've read your post on github and i want to say i have also manualy added exfat support to my 3.0.1 os with Hacktool. maybe this is an issue. anyway im going to create account on github (finally) and post some info.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
thank you for this important info, im not the only one then ;) i've read your post on github and i want to say i have also manualy added exfat support to my 3.0.1 os with Hacktool. maybe this is an issue. anyway im going to create account on github (finally) and post some info.

Can you try booting without sys-ftpd.kip?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water