Hacking ReinX - black screen while booting up (goes away when pressing the power button - is that normal?)

moonblood666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So I'm actually using the newest version of KOSMOS, but wanted to try REINX. So I just copied the contents of the REINX folder into the corresponding REINX folder on my SD and put the newest REINX payload bin on my payload sender. I did not replace the sept folder since I have only recently installed the newest KOSMOS and that came with the newest sept (I think). Booting it up though I just see an anime girl illustration for a millisecond then it seems to get a black screen. But pressing the power button on the Switch makes it somehow suddenly boot up correctly. Is that normal?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Which firmware?

EDIT: ReiNX and Atmosphere can't share the same Sept folder. ReiNX Sept is different compared to Atmospheres Sept.

moonblood666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Which firmware?

EDIT: ReiNX and Atmosphere can't share the same Sept folder. ReiNX Sept is different compared to Atmospheres Sept.
Ah, I thought this were the same thing. So I can't just switch (no pun intenteded) between KOSMOS and ReinX, I'll allways have to replace the sept folder before loading up either? Is there a way to define that ReinX searches for a folder with the name "sept_2" or "sept_rei" for instance to make it more comfortable?

Also: ReinX seems to run after pressing the power button even though the wrong sept is there. Could that cause any issues?

Last edited by moonblood666,

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Ah, I thought this were the same thing. So I can't just switch (no pun intenteded) between KOSMOS and ReinX, I'll allways have to replace the sept folder before loading up either? Is there a way to define that ReinX searches for a folder with the name "sept_2" or "sept_rei" for instance to make it more comfortable?

Also: ReinX seems to run after pressing the power button even though the wrong sept is there. Could that cause any issues?
Hmm they might have update since last then. And no? Probably not but check so you actually are running reinx and not the OFW.
Yes I have asked them to do this, but I don't know if @Reisyukaku wish to implement it. It's up to him if you go down to it.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well, I'm definitely on the EmuMMC and I can see all the homebrew in the Album. Guess it boots up "some" CFW.
Well it might just be that Sept boots something. Check in system settings and see what the version tells you. It should say Atmosphere or reinx at the firmware numbers.

moonblood666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well it might just be that Sept boots something. Check in system settings and see what the version tells you. It should say Atmosphere or reinx at the firmware numbers.

8.1|AMS 0.9.4|E

Edit: Weird... I just replaced the KOSMOS sept folder with the ReinX one and now it doesn't boot up at all. It crashes the Switch entirely.
Edit2: It works now, forgot the reinx.bin in the root. But it seems ReinX doesn't boot into my EmuMMC now.

Last edited by moonblood666,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s