ReiNX 2.0 released, adds partial TX services and full 6.2 support

VBliYDB.png

A new stable version of @Reisyukaku's Nintendo Switch custom firmware, ReiNX, was released today, bringing it to version 2.0. Various notable features were added, including but not limited to full 6.2.0 support (which was initially featured in a commit made on the 9th of December but was not added to a stable release until now), a recovery chainloader and, most interestingly, a partial implementation of SX OS' services - namely ldr:cht (used for cheats), usbfs (self-explainatory) and tx (general purpose, including licensing and a few rommenu functions). While said services are still in early stages, they can still be considered noteworthy additiom as it's the first time an open source CFW tries to add features only found in TX's offering aside from signature patches.

Thanks to the implementation of these services, it's now possible to boot SX OS' Rommenu and use some, not all its features under ReiNX (source here)

You can find the full changelog below:
  • Full 6.2 support
  • warmboot w/ sig checks disabled
  • partial implemented services tx, ldr:cht, usbfs
  • Recovery chainload
  • landscape gfx
  • all kips active by default (required)
  • lots of stability updates (TM)

:download: Source: GitHub
:arrow: Official Thread
:download: Releases

Last edited by RattletraPM,

jscjml

Monster Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please release EmuNAND support if and whenever you can. Until any CFW out there does this im going to keep using SXOS, having EmuNAND for offline/downloaded games and clean SysNAND for online/legit games is the optimal way to use the switch right now. Once Rei or Atmosphere get this going though SXOS may end up dying. Until then though, SXOS is king.

Just my opinion. I know people get by without ever using online on their switch, personally I (and assume other people too) like that part of the console alot. This saves us having to buy a second switch altogether and just stick to one console for both.

Last edited by jscjml,
Reactions: gizmomelb

RattletraPM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Please release EmuNAND support if and whenever you can. Until any CFW out there does this im going to keep using SXOS, having EmuNAND for offline/downloaded games and clean SysNAND for online/legit games is the optimal way to use the switch right now. Once Rei or Atmosphere get this going though SXOS may end up dying. Until then though, SXOS is king.

Just my opinion. I know people get by without ever using online on their switch, personally I (and assume other people too) like that part of the console alot. This saves us having to buy a second switch altogether and just stick to one console for both.
You might already know this but SciresM already had plans to bring his own EmuNAND implementation (called Thermosphère) in his CFW for months now. It's obviously not ready yet but work has already started and while pretty much no one will be able to tell exactly when it's going to come out, I think it's safe to say it'll eventually get bumped up in the priority list now that most of the other key components are either fully or almost done according to that list I linked before.

So, whether Rei decides to port over SX OS' EmuNAND or not, EmuNAND for open source CFWs is coming in one way or another. It's just a matter of time now.

D

Deleted User

@Reisyukaku first of all, thank you so much for your hard work. I read this in the changelog: "partial implemented services tx, ldr:cht"
Is it possible to use the cheat from sxos/titles/titleid/cheats.txt with ReiNX now?

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I bet all the little bitches bitching that xecuter steal off others while trying to do their best to destroy xecuter business, will all be happy that they can now enjoy xecuter features without having to pay a single penny and playing all those lovely games they also didn't spend a penny for.

Reactions: gizmomelb

Alex4nder001

Part-time thug
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Since it does enable SX OS features, is there a chance of bricking? SX OS infamously had code that almost irreversibly bricks consoles if you try to use it without a license.

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
How is hombrew launched through Switch? Do you still need jig? Is this cfw permanent? Can it be launched automatically? Thanks.

lordpsycho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
First of all, wanted to thank Reisyukaku for all his hard work, ReiNX is great and I'm very happy with it.

For SX users, please keep enjoying your purchase :)

For ReiNX users worried about if the code is copied and can brick, rest assured it will not.
Reisyukaku doesn't have access to SX code because that is encrypted/obfuscated, he did his own implementation of the features after analyzing how they work though reverse engineering, so there's no copy/paste of anything from SX

Reactions: TheDarkGreninja

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's incredible how people are still getting confused about what the issue is regarding SX. It isn't the fact that they are using open source code, it is the fact that TX aren't releasing the source code to their derivative work. If they release the source code, there is no issue - they would still be allowed to sell their product, as many open source projects do.

In this case, the same critisism cannot be levelled at ReiNX because they are using their own implementation coded from scratch, rather than actually copying any code from SX itself.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only bought SX OS because of M-SD emunand, else I would never have bought it...

But at any time I can change to atmosphere when they implement M-SD emunand and more people add cool stuff in it.
I could have swore I heard that sx os emunand was fake

RattletraPM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I could have swore I heard that sx os emunand was fake
It depends. Seeing it from a neutral viewpoint, their "EmuNAND on internal NAND" solution is honestly terrible for a multitude of reasons and is probably the one you've heard being called fake. On the other hand, while their "EmuNAND on microSD" is based on the former, it's at least slightly better than that.

Truth be told, both are far from ideal solutions and they're more similiar to a dual boot setup rather than a proper EmuNAND, however people still use them because they generally work well enough for most users and also because there's no better alternative at the moment, really.

Reactions: TheDarkGreninja
D

Deleted User

It depends. Seeing it from a neutral viewpoint, their "EmuNAND on internal NAND" solution is honestly terrible for a multitude of reasons and is probably the one you've heard being called fake. On the other hand, while their "EmuNAND on microSD" is based on the former, it's at least slightly better than that.

Truth be told, both are far from ideal solutions and they're more similiar to a dual boot setup rather than a proper EmuNAND, however people still use them because they generally work well enough for most users and also because there's no better alternative at the moment, really.

How would a proper EmuNAND work and how does that differ from SX's current offering?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ph34r: